I finally got a Pebble ?what do I need to know?

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got one as well..in red. Was waiting for a white, but best buy had it in stock and i really like the red.

So far so good. Feel bad for iOS owners though, seems super gimped on that.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had a black one from the initial Kickstarter offering for a few months. It's genuinely useful in my position, and as of the last couple updates has gotten to the point where I really don't have any reliability issues. I do with that it had better support for non-Gmail accounts. Gmail notifications work perfectly with message text, but when I was on the Nexus 4 my Exchange account would only result in an "Email Received" notification (no text). After switching to an S4 and Samsung's email app now I don't seem to even get that for my work account. Based on the volume of messages I receive I'm not sure I would enable it if it did work, but it would be nice to have the option and work with some filters to only buzz on critical messages.

Support on iOS was pretty poor as of a little over a month ago. Even with the latest (at the time) iOS 7 beta I really couldn't reliably get email of calendar notifications. Music control and text messaging worked great, though. Pebble compatibility was one of the things that convinced me to switch to Android, really.

camolito

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Canvas for Pebble is a must have. The fact that it works with Tasker makes it possible to display pretty much anything piece of information you can think of on your pebble watch face. Another one called PebbleTasker is useful for actually doing things from the watch, such as set a timer, turn on your WeMo switch, quick reply to a text, get a quick weather forecast. Pretty much anything you can program Tasker to do, so pretty much anything.

thatguy9684

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had one a few days now. My best advice is that if you are going to download apps and play with different controls within those apps then do this by downloading ONE AT A TIME until you are comfortable with the controls in that app. I downloaded about 4 apps for Pebble and did not understand what each one did. I uninstalled and downloaded one at a time after. Now I have a good understanding of what each one does. Hard not to get tempted in the app store and download every Pebble app.