Hi,

I Kickstarted the Pebble, and then decided to try greener pastures. Tried a Gear Live, which I liked but my 50-year-old eyes had a hard time with the fonts. I then tried the Hint, but found that the volume was an issue, but (more importantly) it really didn't do anything that my Moto HX500 did for $35.

I also found myself too self-conscious to really use the voice commands on either device.

So now I picked up a new $100 Pebble, which I use with my HX550, with my 2013 Moto X. The results are pretty great. I can control music on my watch as it plays on my headset, can activate Google now from my headset, and love some of the newer apps that have come up over the past year. In particular, the ability to send canned responses (Communicator) and use Google Maps (NavMe) have made the experience first rate.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experiences.
    10-13-2014 01:28 PM
    I am waiting for a possible black Friday deal. Can you use waze instead of maps?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2014 07:10 PM
    Not sure - you can get all notifications sent to the watch, but I don't think Waze sends notifications if it's running in background.

Posted via Android Central App
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    10-16-2014 02:44 PM
    I have the Gear 2 and the LG G Watch.

Love the Gear 2, hate the LG G Watch. Well I guess I should say I hate Android Wear. I think the LG G Watch looks pretty good with a metal band.

Moving from Note 3 to the Droid Turbo so I have to get rid of the Gear 2.

Unless a major update improves Android Wear, I think I will get a Pebble Steel.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2014 02:10 AM
    Nice. I have both (moto 360) and I miss the other one when I wear one. My red kickstarter pebble is just so easy and takes a bashing. The moto I am always worried about scratching it. But I miss being able to respond to emails or Hangouts on the pebble.

I love having both really and they are a good fit for nearly all situations.
    11-04-2014 08:06 PM