Pebble Android App?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
With the new pricing, the Pebble is beginning to look interesting. Wish it had heart rate monitoring (say, from a Polar or other chest strap), but, otherwise, looks like one would do what I need.

Thing is: I looked at the Android app on the Play Store. From the rating and comments: Doesn't look very encouraging. What say those of you, here, who've used it?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
With the new pricing, the Pebble is beginning to look interesting. Wish it had heart rate monitoring (say, from a Polar or other chest strap), but, otherwise, looks like one would do what I need.

Thing is: I looked at the Android app on the Play Store. From the rating and comments: Doesn't look very encouraging. What say those of you, here, who've used it?

Keep in mind that Pebble just completed redesigned their Android app and added A LOT more functionality. The new version is still in beta but you can opp into the beta track. It sounds like the new beta is much better then the older app.

Pebble's Android beta updated to bring new notifications menu, lets you end calls from your wrist | Connectedly

Edit: That being said I don't have a Pebble yet (getting one soon). I'm looking forward to trying out the new app when I get one.