Is pebble a steal at 70.00?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all. Wanted a zenwatch, but all I want is an all around watch that alerts me to texts etc. The fact I can control music from device is a bonus. Steel looks better but again for the price, is pebble still relevant? It's a pebble or waiting for charge hr from fitbit early next year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Because the screen isn't a touch UI, the battery on the pebble will last longer between charges too. Another thing to keep in mind.

From an AOSP M8

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep that is another plus. I like the steel but the 150 price tag makes me say why not a bit more for androidwear.
Do you have the original?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep that is another plus. I like the steel but the 150 price tag makes me say why not a bit more for androidwear.
Do you have the original?

No. Just wanted to throw the battery idea out there. I have heard Android wear averages 2 days at best. The Pebble I think can get 3-4 easily.

From an AOSP M8

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The original Pebble can get close to a week. My LG G Watch can get almost 2 days, but I generally charge it every night. Samsung Gear 2 can get about 3 days.

$70 is a great price for the original Pebble. Probably want to check out the Connectedly forums for more info, they have more active forums for most Smartwatch related items.

If you do not have experience with a Smartwatch, the Pebble is a relatively cheap way to see if it is for you. I got mine for $99 and I thought that was a great deal.

If you can find it for $70 I would jump on it. Plus for that price if you hate it, you can still recoup most of your money on eBay.

As I have stated on multiple forums, if you are required to be on call for work or just need to ensure you don't miss a call or text, the Pebble pays for itself quickly. Anytime I am on call for work I make sure to use the Pebble.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah the other site is relatively dead. My fitbit is being returned under extended warranty because of charging cradle issues. So that's 80 back in my pocket. Gonna go with the steel for 150.00.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante