Just backed the new Pebble campaign

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Just backed the new Pebble Time 2 on their Kickstarter campaign.

Main reasons being functionality over form and longer battery life.

This is my first ever smart watch. I am both excited and nervous of the choice.

Any pebblers on here give me their opinions on this gadget how good or bad it is compared to the other smartwatches out there.

Thanks in advance.

😆

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just backed the new Pebble Time 2 on their Kickstarter campaign.

Main reasons being functionality over form and longer battery life.

This is my first ever smart watch. I am both excited and nervous of the choice.

Any pebblers on here give me their opinions on this gadget how good or bad it is compared to the other smartwatches out there.

Thanks in advance.

😆

No worries... I'm a bit of a smartwatch fanatic and have tried many of the available options. Pebble smartwatches pretty much embody the concept of function before form... they are arguably not the best looking watch, but they do get the job done as far as functionality is concerned. They are also a leader in battery life... no Apple or Android Wear watch can get to the 7-10 day mark on a single charge in my experience.

It is important to note though that pebble watches have different functionality on iOS (Apple) devices than they do on Android devices... the Androids usually allow more functionality at the moment at least.

If you have a Best Buy retail store near, you can see if they have a Pebble Time on display so you can play with it. The software on the Pebble 2 & Time 2 may be slightly different, but (from the sounds of it on their Kickstarter) it should be fairly similar in the way it functions.

The Apple and Android Wear watches typically have more vibrant & bright screens (that may or may not be viewable in direct sunlight depending on the model) and they may offer a few extras like heart rate monitors, GPS, speakerphone, and wifi support (again, depending on model). You will pay dearly in both battery life and actual money though as those extra features will consume a lot more battery and drive the cost of the watch itself up... well, beyond the cost of any Pebble in some cases.

Feel free to post any other questions or concerns, we'll help ya out as best we can here 😁 .

P.S. I also have pledged for their new Kickstarter and looking forward to it!

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks.

I have an Android phone s7 edge at the moment so that's a positive.

I see the main improvements over the OG Pebble Time are

-Larger Screen
-Better battery life
-Heart rate monitor
-More app installation

I hope it has a lot more customisation than the previous Pebble.

BTW what colour should I go for I think gold would be nice to complement my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I see the main improvements over the OG Pebble Time are

-Larger Screen
-Better battery life
-Heart rate monitor
-More app installation

I hope it has a lot more customisation than the previous Pebble.

BTW what colour should I go for I think gold would be nice to complement my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge.

You would be correct in those listed improvements, along with a slightly updated (some may say improved) style.

Color is really as personal preference thing and up to you... I'll probably do the black and red "flame" combo myself, but that's me.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks

I didn't know the colours were a combo so would that be red face and black strap. Maybe they should have more options.

Between how accurate is the built in pedometer in the Pebble as I use S health alot on my Galaxy so would like it to work seamlessly when I do my walking workouts .

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks

I didn't know the colours were a combo so would that be red face and black strap. Maybe they should have more options.

Between how accurate is the built in pedometer in the Pebble as I use S health alot on my Galaxy so would like it to work seamlessly when I do my walking workouts .

Sorry for the confusion...

The Pebble 2 has the color combinations, the Time 2 has metallic looking colors...

f1dd85baef32eed9635c92873b06a5d2.jpg

Pebble uses their own pebble health app for fitness tracking....

fd4bcdacc6d45a35874eadcf2a9d852e.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't use Samsung's or s-health, so I'm not sure how it would equate to it.

Last edited:

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help

Much appreciated 😁

I think it will have to be between the silver and gold offerings for the Time 2.

The Health app looks neat and what I saw on the promo it adapts the pedometer to your workout rather than you achieving a daily count which is cool.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Does the Pebble Health app work with MyFitnesspal? Also both my son and I had the original Pebble and both developed the dreaded screen tearing issues after awhile. Has pebble fixed this with newer watches like the Time and Time Steel?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks