I love my Droid x, but have any of you ever been jealous of wp7? The smoothness and simplicity of wp7 are very interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, anroid is very smooth but wp7 never has the occasional lag or force close or pause. I have a feeling that ice cream sandwich will destroy ios 5 and wp7 mango. But who knows if the Droid x will even receive the update. Anyway, do u guys ever feel jealous of the competition and its smoothness. Oh yeah, ios users don't even try to brag about the performance of your OS because I have seen iPhones and ipads lag and force close. Lol. Have any of u swuched to wp7 and then back to Android? Or did u stay on wp7. Share your experience.
    07-11-2011 10:37 PM
    I love my Droid x, but have any of you ever been jealous of wp7? The smoothness and simplicity of wp7 are very interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, anroid is very smooth but wp7 never has the occasional lag or force close or pause. I have a feeling that ice cream sandwich will destroy ios 5 and wp7 mango. But who knows if the Droid x will even receive the update. Anyway, do u guys ever feel jealous of the competition and its smoothness. Oh yeah, ios users don't even try to brag about the performance of your OS because I have seen iPhones and ipads lag and force close. Lol. Have any of u swuched to wp7 and then back to Android? Or did u stay on wp7. Share your experience.
    I turned my back on WM devices because they could never compare to any of the OS on the market because they are holding onto repeating the same interfaces over and over again without really improving them, I have heard that the memory leak is still present and the interface is still very limited on customizations..

I am in no way saying that the device isn't for some but I can openly say I don't see it being for me..
    07-11-2011 10:53 PM
    I turned my back on WM devices because they could never compare to any of the OS on the market because they are holding onto repeating the same interfaces over and over again without really improving them,
    Windows Phone 7 has a completely different interface than Windows Mobile X. MS finally realized that you cannot replicate a desktop environment on such a small device. They still call it "Windows" because, well, it's Microsoft and that's what they call their operating systems. But it's no longer a "mobile" OS, it's a "phone" OS.

It's still crap compared to almost everything else, but it's not the same crap it used to be.
    07-12-2011 12:54 AM
    I sometimes think that WP7 looks pretty cool. I actually bought the paid version of Launcher7 in the market. That, combined with WP7contacts and Ubermusic gave me a pretty good WP7 experience. I actually used that setup for over a month. Right now I am back to using GoLauncher, but I will probably go back to Launcher7 in the future. I just like to change things up a bit.

That being said, I don't know what I would do without widgets. Launcher7 supports widgets in the tiles, and I took full advantage of that.
    07-12-2011 07:44 AM
    but do any of u guys ever get annoyed with lag and force closes. I hate when wp7 users and ios users brag about the fluidity of their platform. my DROID x actually hardly lags.
    sent from my DROID x using taptalk
    07-12-2011 09:49 AM
    but do any of u guys ever get annoyed with lag and force closes. I hate when wp7 users and ios users brag about the fluidity of their platform. my DROID x actually hardly lags.
    What lag and force-closes?

The only things that are noticeably laggy are apps that are either installed on the SD card or read a lot of data there prior to opening. The only things that force-close on me are apps that have problems themselves. None of which are the fault of the OS.
    07-12-2011 10:00 AM
    I've had the random reboot from time to time, but nothing too annoying. I rarely have any lag. Usually when I have small issues a quick restart fixes it (I hardly ever have to pull the battery).
    07-12-2011 10:45 AM
    Windows Phone 7 has a completely different interface than Windows Mobile X. MS finally realized that you cannot replicate a desktop environment on such a small device. They still call it "Windows" because, well, it's Microsoft and that's what they call their operating systems. But it's no longer a "mobile" OS, it's a "phone" OS.

It's still crap compared to almost everything else, but it's not the same crap it used to be.

How is adding a Zune interface on top of windows platform a different interface, seems like another way to regurgitate old technology? Like I said it is fine for some but not for me, besides I don't get why info about a windows device is on a Android thread..
    07-12-2011 10:49 AM
    How is adding a Zune interface on top of windows platform a different interface, seems like another way to regurgitate old technology? Like I said it is fine for some but not for me, besides I don't get why info about a windows device is on a Android thread..
    It's a different interface for their phone product, which I believe was the point. As to being in this thread, look at the topic title...
    07-12-2011 11:57 AM
    I love my Droid x, but have any of you ever been jealous of wp7?
    Hell no. I find the Win Phone UI FUGLY and IRRITATING. Those huge tiles are a major waste of space and add up to a very inefficient use of small screen real estate. Add to that the nasty huge fonts that are cut off on the sides and I'll pass.

The whole Metro UI is garbage but that's about what I expect from MS. They really don't know how to design a good UI.
    07-12-2011 02:58 PM
    It's a different interface for their phone product, which I believe was the point. As to being in this thread, look at the topic title...
    I give you that on the topic but I still see nothing new in interface... The OP ask for opinions and I gave one, its not like I'm trying to change anybodies mind.. So I really do not see a issue with my statement.
    07-12-2011 03:01 PM
    Doesn't a win7 have android market? Lolol!
    07-12-2011 03:20 PM
    sent from my DROID x using taptalk
    My phone is not laggy at all, and the only force closes I have are due to buggy apps.
    07-12-2011 05:45 PM
    I am a sucker for new things and I find WP7 interesting. I mean it is still young and has room to grow. Too bad every time I want to try one out they don't have a working one. I would like to try it out to see how smooth it is and if that is seen throughout the whole OS. I do get a bit annoyed at the occasional force close but I deal it. I don't think that I am ready to give up Android but who knows time will tell.
    07-14-2011 07:18 PM
    Trust me, WP7 isn't perfect. I've experienced some bizarre issues with it. For example, when I try to run the Twitter app sometimes the phone will just randomly reboot. Other times it will freeze up and and I have to power it off and back on. And personally, I think the keyboard stinks. I've had my Focus for about 9 months and I still can't type fast on it. My Droid had a much more accurate soft keyboard.

Overall, it's a pretty slick device. I don't remember the interface being sluggish, and the live tiles are actually kind of cool, but they don't seem to work consistently from app to app. Also, I can't stand the fact that there is no notification LED. I hate having to constantly hit the lock button to light up my screen to see if I missed anything. But what bothers me the most about it is the fact that it's tied to the Zune desktop software. I hate Zune (not as much as iTunes, but still). Android appeals to me because it isn't bogged down by a specific piece of (bloated) software, unlike iOS and WP7 (and BB to a greater or lesser extent). I think Microsoft has the right idea, but they've got a lot of ground to make up and very little time to do it.
    elvisgp likes this.
    07-14-2011 07:41 PM