Pros and cons of the Droid Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
A bunch of negative Nancys here. Everyone here was so quick to believe a guy with over 600 posts and a join date of March 2011, yet you're so skeptical about a guy who's been with HoFo since '04 with a decent reputation. On top of that, 80% of these replies are pointless: "Skeptical, guy has a stupid name". -_- Whether or not it's true, let's break down some silly logic here right now.

1) Side scrolling app drawer. As definitely conveyed, he's an average Joe. It's totally possible he's only ever used stock Android, and never touched touchwiz before. Iphone doesn't really count since there isn't a true app drawer. But besides all of this, you guys being so stuck on disputing his claim by this alone is ridiculous.

2) Someone mentioned a better processor... What processor do you expect them to use? Besides maybe the Exynos, the OMAP4 processors are the best performing processors currently available in phones. How do you expect them to use better? A quad-core processor that's probably half a year away or more? News flash: current Android can't fully utilize the true potential of a dual-core SoC and there are 0, count them, 0 apps written and optimized for dual-core.

3) MP on the camera is somewhat odd, however, we know that this is based off the Targa, which was originally shown to us sporting a 13MP camera. Who honestly knows whether or not 13MP is what we'll see on the final product, but we know for a fact that there are several prototypes of this phone floating around. Be open-minded to the possibility that things can change instantly, and that we officially know nothing about this phone other than hear-say.

4) To the guy saying everything we've seen so far has pointed to a 4.5"... you're wrong. It's been stated to death that the original leaks pictured next to the Defy is definitely a 4.3" screen. If the released form factor is anything similar to that then it's gonna be a 4.3". Not saying the possibility of a 4.5 is out of the question, just that from what we've seen it's actually more feasible to be a 4.3.

5) HoFo has way more reputable insiders than AC and so far no one is refuting anything other than the cam.

You can believe whatever you want, of course, and skepticism isn't a bad thing. But let's have some constructive conversation about it rather than "hmm.... I'm skeptical" because seriously... must you waste space posting a menial point 20 other people have already stated? It's like the "me too" and +1 posts.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Possibly Some Concrete Bionic Info

4) To the guy saying everything we've seen so far has pointed to a 4.5"... you're wrong. It's been stated to death that the original leaks pictured next to the Defy is definitely a 4.3" screen. If the released form factor is anything similar to that then it's gonna be a 4.3". Not saying the possibility of a 4.5 is out of the question, just that from what we've seen it's actually more feasible to be a 4.3.

Yeah, I'm the only one who wrote about the screen and I wrote it was going to be 4.3... or at least I thought I did and then I re-read my sentence. Oops, I wrote "jives" instead of "jibes"! Although a lot of people use them interchangeably (to mean being in agreement with) I can obviously see where that lead to the confusion.

It's going to 4.3" - I agree, and that's what I was trying to say.

(I've edited my orig post)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

A bunch of negative Nancys here. Everyone here was so quick to believe a guy with over 600 posts and a join date of March 2011, yet you're so skeptical about a guy who's been with HoFo since '04 with a decent reputation. On top of that, 80% of these replies are pointless: "Skeptical, guy has a stupid name". -_- Whether or not it's true, let's break down some silly logic here right now.

1) Side scrolling app drawer. As definitely conveyed, he's an average Joe. It's totally possible he's only ever used stock Android, and never touched touchwiz before. Iphone doesn't really count since there isn't a true app drawer. But besides all of this, you guys being so stuck on disputing his claim by this alone is ridiculous.

2) Someone mentioned a better processor... What processor do you expect them to use? Besides maybe the Exynos, the OMAP4 processors are the best performing processors currently available in phones. How do you expect them to use better? A quad-core processor that's probably half a year away or more? News flash: current Android can't fully utilize the true potential of a dual-core SoC and there are 0, count them, 0 apps written and optimized for dual-core.

3) MP on the camera is somewhat odd, however, we know that this is based off the Targa, which was originally shown to us sporting a 13MP camera. Who honestly knows whether or not 13MP is what we'll see on the final product, but we know for a fact that there are several prototypes of this phone floating around. Be open-minded to the possibility that things can change instantly, and that we officially know nothing about this phone other than hear-say.

5) HoFo has way more reputable insiders than AC and so far no one is refuting anything other than the cam.

You can believe whatever you want, of course, and skepticism isn't a bad thing. But let's have some constructive conversation about it rather than "hmm.... I'm skeptical" because seriously... must you waste space posting a menial point 20 other people have already stated? It's like the "me too" and +1 posts.

He said about compariaion tp Droid x which isn't stock android so I'm still going to be skeptical you wanna believe him go ahead but until pics are out I'm sticking with skepticism since all of the sudden these people come out of the woodwork saying they know testers and people who have the phones. Seems a little strange to me it happens now. Guess we will find out in a few days.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Haha, everyone on here is hopeless. For the sake of keeping Fone Sex's name clear, I can definitely assure you I am not. Gapi knows my stats, perhaps irl Panda = gapi? :eek: Also, sorry for the misunderstanding nrk.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Haha, everyone on here is hopeless. For the sake of keeping Fone Sex's name clear, I can definitely assure you I am not. Gapi knows my stats, perhaps irl Panda = gapi? :eek: Also, sorry for the misunderstanding nrk.

Everyone knows your specs,

Activity

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Everyone knows your specs,

Activity

Thanks... that was kind of the point I was making with that.

Anyway, I've stated some pretty valid argument as to why Fone Sex could have seen a prototype of the device, anyone care to actually talk about phones and stay relevant to the thread?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Anyway, I've stated some pretty valid argument as to why Fone Sex could have seen a prototype of the device, anyone care to actually talk about phones and stay relevant to the thread?

So you are deflecting criticism to try and change the subject. Hm OK. But we should find out soon if preorders are indeed starting the 28.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

So you are deflecting criticism to try and change the subject. Hm OK. But we should find out soon if preorders are indeed starting the 28.

I don't see anyone criticizing me. What do you want me to do, change my join date? I haven't seen anyone try to dispute anything I wrote.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I don't see anyone criticizing me. What do you want me to do, change my join date? I haven't seen anyone try to dispute anything I wrote.

Who said anything about changing your join date? But when you come on with few posts and try to criticize people saying they are hopeless some people will get angry ( me I could care less lol) but you have to think alot of these people have held off upgraded months for this phone. Nobody can dispute anything because there isn't enough solid info. You can claim all you want but right now anyone can claim something and nobody knows if it is true or not.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

What is this? Days of Our Lives? What's with all the drama, get off the dudes nuts already and lets get back to why we're all here, phones. If you want BS commentary go watch MSNBC or something.

Maybe you can't read but the last posts have been talking about the phone. Its called speculation look it up. Smh why don't you enlighten us then since you wasted time to post nothing that had to do with the bionic.:p

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to AC brother. Great to have you here. Don't let the few people here ruin your experience. They dont know any better yet. I went through the same thing when I first introduced them to Winston and wnrussell. They will learn eventually :)

HoFo has some of the best insiders around. Very reliable info comes out of there.

Sent from my Droid

Reactions: robwilldominate

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to AC brother. Great to have you here. Don't let the few people here ruin your experience. They dont know any better yet. I went through the same thing when I first introduced them to Winston and wnrussell. They will learn eventually :)

HoFo has some of the best insiders around. Very reliable info comes out of there.

Sent from my Droid

Thank you very much. :p I was expecting to get flamed, so I don't mind it. My goal was to turn this into some actual discussion rather than a +1 thread. Which I think succeeded.

As far as the processor in here, it doesn't really matter between the 4430 or the 4460. The latter is just a binned version of the former and there aren't really any performance boosts worth naming other than for marketing purposes (Look at this one, the number is bigger!). Not to mention Winston has stated Moto uses modified TI chips that you're not really going to find specs for in the interwebs. All in all, the D3, not sure how many of you have checked out, is incredibly fast and smooth. Fone Sex (if he's right), and blackmanso-and-so have said that the phone is even faster than the D3. PLUS, cpu is just one factor that goes into the overall speed of a phone. I'm not worried about the Bionic not being a beast. Even if it turns out to be on par with the D3.

robwilldominate

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

Gotta agree with CK on this one. HoFo's insiders are pretty solid and fakes are sorted out pretty quick,

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Thank you very much. :p I was expecting to get flamed, so I don't mind it. My goal was to turn this into some actual discussion rather than a +1 thread. Which I think succeeded.

As far as the processor in here, it doesn't really matter between the 4430 or the 4460. The latter is just a binned version of the former and there aren't really any performance boosts worth naming other than for marketing purposes (Look at this one, the number is bigger!). Not to mention Winston has stated Moto uses modified TI chips that you're not really going to find specs for in the interwebs. All in all, the D3, not sure how many of you have checked out, is incredibly fast and smooth. Fone Sex (if he's right), and blackmanso-and-so have said that the phone is even faster than the D3. PLUS, cpu is just one factor that goes into the overall speed of a phone. I'm not worried about the Bionic not being a beast. Even if it turns out to be on par with the D3.
How can you say that? If the bionic has a 1.5 Ghz vs a 1Ghz with its 1GB of ram, it will be faster, plus, if it is the 4460(with a full 500Mhz more power) and if it is unlockable (fingers crossed) then we can OC it much farther with a better power usage. If you read the specs on the 4460, it has a better power management system (or whatever you want to call it). I really hope for the 4460 because it will make the phone better and a longer lasting system. I will perfectly happy with the 4430 but the 4460 would make this the phone of the year by a thousand miles. The GS2 wouldn't stand a chance.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
A closer look at Verizon's Samsung Slider with Android 2.3.4 and LTE | Android Central wonder if this will be what vzw geta for the gs2? And how it wiwill compare to the bionic.

If it is the Galaxy SII (Verizon's version) you can count on it performing better than the Bionic. Nothing can compete with the Galaxy SII and I don't say that because i want it. Its just that Samsung has nailed the hardware/software combo like nobody's business.

Peeps are complaining about the Droid 3 and its lagginess now. I'm convinced its Motorola's UI aka blur that is the culprit. Couple that with CrapTop and you have a dog. Maybe I will be wrong but I'm not counting on the Bionic to be a very smooth device.

Sent from my Droid

robwilldominate

May 25, 2011
Visit site

If it is the Galaxy SII (Verizon's version) you can count on it performing better than the Bionic. Nothing can compete with the Galaxy SII and I don't say that because i want it. Its just that Samsung has nailed the hardware/software combo like nobody's business.

Peeps are complaining about the Droid 3 and its lagginess now. I'm convinced its Motorola's UI aka blur that is the culprit. Couple that with CrapTop and you have a dog. Maybe I will be wrong but I'm not counting on the Bionic to be a very smooth device.

Sent from my Droid

Funny, my peeps have said the Droid 3 is awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.