Time to leave iOS?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see. That was the main reason I wasn't really appealed by the phones I saw; they looked all disorganized and cluttered up. If you can change that, that's pretty cool.

One thing I've noticed now is that all of these phones get outdated quickly. Is the next flagship phone already on its way??

There's always a "next" device on the way. The good(?) news is that Moto has stated that they are going to release fewer new phones this year than the past couple. I don't know about for other carriers, but that probably means that the Razr Maxx will likely remain 'top' for a while on Verizon, at least from Moto.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
And if you root... There is a whole host of possibilities waiting for customization. On any given day, I can make my OS look like an iPhone, a Droid, an HTC, or a Samsung, etc... I personally hate ugly interfaces (and you can make it pretty ugly with android), but Android is so customizable it puts apple to shame.

I like minimalism and so I choose to hide almost all my apps;)

48-homescreen.png

This is the gingerbread OS:cool:

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I see. That was the main reason I wasn't really appealed by the phones I saw; they looked all disorganized and cluttered up. If you can change that, that's pretty cool.

One thing I've noticed now is that all of these phones get outdated quickly. Is the next flagship phone already on its way??

Yes you can change it up. Go take a look in some of the phone threadS. Youll find a screenshot thread in almost all of them. You can go through those to get an idea of how customizable android really is.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are bored with iOS, there is a good chance that you eventually will get bored with Android, too. The widgets are nice and the customizations are nice, but changing them gets old after a while. However, it may be good for you to switch up devices ever so often.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

JDBuzzington

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
iPhone user for years. I find that a jailbroken iPhone does what I want a phone to do... Then apple started suing Samsung and got the galaxy nexus banned for a while. I suspect that I'm not the only one who was put off by this, so, when the galaxy nexus was back on sale with jellybean, I ordered one. Got a sim adapter so I can bounce back and forth to make my choice. Jellybean looks so nice, and so useful, and, idk about others, but, for me, Siri is completely worthless - "she" almost always innevitably searches google for the info I want, anyway - might as well just cut out the middleman... I think I might be switching teams...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I left my 4s today and don't know if I'll switch back I love ios and android but I needed a change but I plan on looking into the next iPhone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It's really nice I have seen no lag so far and that was mtg main problem with android I like it and the screen is great it's a nice phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I saw the phone in the store and it did look sweet. If I were in the market for an Android device right now that would be the phone I would choose. Congrats on the new gadget.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: taylorz_412

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo