HTC Sensation XE or Motorola Razr

bs_flatline

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Im quite new here in the forums but I am not new with the android platform. At the moment I have an HTC Desire HD and is currently struggling with it due to the hardware's performance mainly because of the games and applications that I get with it, it either lags or freezes up when I use them. So I am planning an upgrade but there lies the problem, I am stuck with the XE or the Razr. Im really having a hard time picking which one I would get.

Let me give you guys a bit of a background of how I use my phone.
I use my phone to play games (Asphalt 6, Grave Defense HD, Aliens, etc)
To play movies (I convert the 1080p movies that I have using handbrake with the specifications of the DHD)
To play music, you know, when I commute to and from work, when Ive got nothing else to do etc.
Internet over Wi-Fi or 3G. Download video and audio podcast directly on the phone.
Read E-books.

So here's the dilemma I have,
XE:
Pros:
Beats earphones and Beats EQ
I really like the red accents on the phone
I really like the HTC Sense 3 and above versions
1.5 dual core! now thats an upgrade from the DHD!

Cons:
768mb of ram? i really dont get what HTC was thinking when they gave the XE this low amount of ram plus im getting an upgrade phone so 768 is what I already have in the DHD
S-LCD: I compared my DHD to a Sensation XL that my friend has and on full brightness they just look the same so again pointing towards the upgrade phone its not that much of an upgrade
4gig of internal phone space and only 1gig user availability? whats up with that?

Razr:
Pros:
Thin! need I say more
1gig of ram.
the application that came with the Razr that lets you set profiles on what hardware functionality gets turned off or on based on where you are. For example when the phone senses that you are at work (via GPS I think) it turns the phone into silent mode, you get the idea.
Amoled Advanced screen: Again I compared my phone to an earlier phone in this case the Samsung Galaxy S and with full brightness, you can really see the difference on the displays that both phones have
Gorilla Glass
16gig of internal storage!

Cons:
Battery life: im hearing bad things about the battery life with the Razr
Battery can't be removed
Im not really familiar with the UI that comes with the Razr.

I know alot of you would say that the Razr MAXX will be coming out or is already out but I called Motorola here and they confirmed that the MAXX will not be selling in my area. I live in the Philippines btw. And also I know some of you would say just root your DHD and it would be the same as the XE but Im not really particularly a fan of rooting because I really dont like the idea of rooting your phone to get the most out of it so Im basing this debate of phone on the stock hardware and software.

Most of you would say just get the SGS2 but I loathe samsung, I hate their UI. Seems so childish to me. So any product of theirs I really dont like that why im not even thinking of getting a SGS2 or the Note. No offense though for any samsung fans out there, I just dont like their UI thats all. :)

Again any help or suggestions would be nice.

Thanks!
Franz

PS
Im giving my phone to my girlfriend so I really need to make my mind up about this choice.
Thanks again guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz