One X or SIII for an ex-iPhone user

Phoenix_

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the One X and SIII.
The SIII seems to be a better device overall (hardware) and i am not a hater of the design. The camera seems to be better from the samples I have seen and the audio quality seems to be the same if not better than this of the iPhone. Plus the expandable storage and replaceable battery.
On the other hand One X is beautiful device (aesthetically), the build quality is better, and Sense is just very beautiful and elegant. Design matters a lot to me. I want the best possible user experience.
The SIII seems to be the better choice objectively but I am afraid of buying it because I had an SII and in the end I couldn't stand it because the interface seemed like a badly designed carnival sometimes. The horrible Gallery, the draft and ugly lockscreen, the poor icons. And I hate 3rd party solutions, they are almost always badly designed and create inconsistency. I don't have the mood or the patience for rooting or custom ROMs.But the "Nature" touchwiz seems to have fixed most of that problems. I still aesthetically greatly prefer sense though.

I wanted to hear some opinions about which of the two would be a better choice for a person like me. Thanks in advance.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that the SGS 3 has better specs than the One X. I think they are comparable in that regard. As far as aesthetics, the One X does look better and I prefer Sense over Touch Wiz. The one edge I give to the SGS 3 is the screen. Samsung's screens are flat out gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

erickhillm

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with you, but may be i would choose the one x. Because i was dissapointed with my previous sgs 2, the material of the body is very bad. Only in 2 weeks i saw some scrathes on the bezel. My one v is got a lot better body material.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Been using the .GS3 for a month and I can tell you the phone is worth the hype. HOX is cool but the S3 has a lot up on it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 has the ability to sync with your iTunes so I'd recommend that to an ex-iPhone user, but personally I'd take the HOX over the GS3. It looks awesome, sense beats touchwiz, and the screen is better.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The SIII seems to be a better device overall (hardware) and i am not a hater of the design. The camera seems to be better from the samples I have seen and the audio quality seems to be the same if not better than this of the iPhone. Plus the expandable storage and replaceable battery.
On the other hand One X is beautiful device (aesthetically), the build quality is better, and Sense is just very beautiful and elegant. Design matters a lot to me. I want the best possible user experience.
The SIII seems to be the better choice objectively but I am afraid of buying it because I had an SII and in the end I couldn't stand it because the interface seemed like a badly designed carnival sometimes. The horrible Gallery, the draft and ugly lockscreen, the poor icons. And I hate 3rd party solutions, they are almost always badly designed and create inconsistency. I don't have the mood or the patience for rooting or custom ROMs.But the "Nature" touchwiz seems to have fixed most of that problems. I still aesthetically greatly prefer sense though.

I wanted to hear some opinions about which of the two would be a better choice for a person like me. Thanks in advance.

Having the same debate with myself. I have a 4S now and the HOX def has similar build quality which I love but I'm afraid to miss out on all the awesome things it seems the galaxy can do.

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the galaxy s3 from iPhone 4. I love it. I use a launcher so I'm not sure I can speak much for touchwiz. Its been just three days and though I've never used a one X...I will never use san iPhone again. I think either way you will be happy with an Android :)

The S3 has a micro SD slot which makes it that much better though. The One X had a weird look to its screen when I compared then in the store which helped my decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I went with the sgs3 myself, I found that the touchwiz is a nice transition from ios to android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Paul Simpson

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same question but coming from Nokia N8. Will I be happy with One x camera as I love the design. Galaxy s3 is ok but doesn't look/feel as good. If going for one x would get a one x plus

DavidsonL

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
In the end the S3 was better for me. The reason being that the hardware was just plain better. The extra battery life didn't hurt either. :D The One X has the more premium feel, but it was lacking for me when it came to hardware. I also needed the expandable storage too because much of my device's media was on an SD card. Hope this helps. If you're a media buff, and someone who is looking for the best hardware, I'd suggest going to the S3.

HTC has great build quality though, and I would have chosen it if it wasn't for the battery life and the non expandable storage. And the Galaxy seems to have a pretty premium feeling in the hands anyway, the One X just takes that to the next level. HTC generally has a better UI, but TouchWiz seemed to be elegant enough for me and adequate enough as well.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
They're pretty equal in almost every way. The deciding factor is gonna be the ones that are based on preference such as Sense vs TouchWiz, what screen you like better, whether you want/need a removable battery and/or expandable memory, etc.

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4, tried an iPhone 5 and sent it back because of wifi issues. Went to look at an S3 yesterday but did not like the location of the power button, I kept hitting with my thumb. Looked at the One X+. I liked it, but was unfamiliar with it so I researched it last night and it looks like it got pretty good reviews. However, I'm still not sure about switching away from iOS and giving up my investment I have in apps. I would also lose the ability to do Facetime with my girlfriend who has an iPhone.

So my question is, what will I be able to do with the One X+ that I can not do with the iPhone?

I'm not wanting to start a debate of the merits of Android vs. iOS, I would just like to know if I were to switch, what would I gain.

No need to discuss the screen size, etc., I can see that by looking at the phones. I'm also not into heavy customization, so that's not an attraction to me. Also, I'm sure someone will bring up NFC, but how often does anyone really use it?

Remember, they're just operating systems, not religions. So, please keep the comments objective and civil. Again, the question is: what will I be able to do with the One X+ that I can not do with the iPhone?