Androids vs the iSheep

DavidsonL

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I've had my Samsung S3, I've noticed that an increasing number of iPhone users have been criticizing me for my choice of phone. They just blurt out their opinions.
The usual comments are:
"The screen is too big"
"The iPhone is prettier"
"I like my phones to be as thin as possible"
"iOS is the best, and easiest to use"
"Android just copied the iPhone"
"Android phones are cheap"
"Apple is the best"
"iPhone runs faster"

Well some of them I agree with. Yes the iPhone is much faster, but only because there isn't a lot of processes running in the background. Compared to Android JellyBean and ICS, there's a lot more going on. Another thing is I agree with the build quality that Apple is known for. I've been a fan of the design of the iPhone 4/4S and the 5, and I acknowledge that, but what is that beautiful design without a good user experience? Another thing is the hardware and software, I like the fact that iOS is heavily tied into the hardware of the phone, but it's getting boring, and you don't need a lot of horsepower to run a bunch of icons that can scroll left and right. Another thing is apps, sure there are more apps, but PlayStore is catching up pretty well in those respects.

And the list goes on and on. I know that the iPhone has its perks, but (for me) it's a sell out device. Sure it's beautiful to look at, and you can't deny that Apple does a great job, and their hardware is impressive, but so what? My preference is my preference, and I didn't ask for their opinions on the matter. Are iPhone users really this loud and opinionated? What about your experiences? Have you been bashed by "iSheep"? Or anyone else in particular. Just curious since the "OS wars" seem to be escalating a bit with CES and the announcement of the iPhone 5. :D
Thanks for the input.

Davidson

PS, I have an iPad. Use it almost everyday. Use a Galaxy S3 and a BlackBerry for my day to day phones. Love them all. :D

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If it works for you, who cares? Do people bash your vehicle? Where you live? What you do for a living? The amount of threads on this phone versus that phone never ceases to amaze me on these sites. I use an SGS3, and moderate on a webOSNation.com.....I never criticize anyone for using their preferred choice in a phone, just because I decided to go for something different. It's no skin off of my nose what people use. I don't get any kickbacks for "getting people to switch", lol.

Some of my friends that have iPhones love them, and some of them with iPhones hate them. Most of the people I work with have iPhones, and I can't say I ever hear any "remarks" about my phone, if I did...I'm sure they would get an apathetic response.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
All these threads just need to stop and/or be consolidated. Do I like one over the other after being with one for four years and then switching? You betcha! But I'm not running around bashing people for it, well maybe a little ;)

The only remarks I get are, "wow that phone is huge", "that is a gorgeuos screen!", "what phone is that?".

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had people criticize me in the past for not choosing iPhone. When i got my first Android my brother's gf just couldn't comprehend that I would want anything other than an iPhone. Now, she is a total Machead, though. Lol.

Most people I hang out with that have iPhones know better than to get into a debate about iOS vs Android. Heh.

In the end, it's sad that people bash choices other's make. I only get a little frustrated when iOS users bash Android when they have never used it, or when the last time they did use it was on the HTC Hero. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
HOW-SMARTPHONE-USERS-SEE-EACH-OTHER.jpg

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Sammy sheep are even worse!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

Lol. Yeah, they can be pretty bad. I understand having trust in a specific brand, but to blindly follow any company blindly is just ridiculous, whether Apple, Samsung, LG, etc...

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
"IPhones have cuter cases!!" - my sister who zero knowledge of technology

That said...I'm madly im love with my caseless iPad. Pick what works for you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
BlackBerry apologists are the worst. ;)

Haha! There's a certain desperation involved when dealing with a BB apologist. As they try to justify any BB shortcomings I can't help but say to myself, " Oh, the humanity!".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Loyalty to one platform or manufacturer is pretty much an integral part of the smartphone market. That's the reason why we have Android to compete with iOS. Otherwise, we'd be using devices that remain the exact same over the years. (There's no such thing as innovation without competition to urge it forward)

What I don't get it is that why some would completely bash someone just because they have a certain device. (True, I was that kind of person but I mellowed a bit)

All you need to do is pick what works best for you. No need for this sort of nonsense but hey, arguing is basically everyone's second nature instinct. As long as we're different, we'll never reach a true "agreement". (Hell, I'll admit that I have an iPad Mini for use at home. My daily driver is my trusty Galaxy S2 til I receive my SGS4)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The Sammy sheep are even worse!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

This. I rarely have or see any one say things regarding iPhone vs android, minus a recent question asked by a friend earlier today regarding a tablet. But not a day goes by that I don't see or hear someone state that "you should have bought a Samsung" or "Samsung is more reliable" "the s4 is better than the one" The feud regarding HTC owners and Samsung owners is getting ridiculous. I respect your decision to own whatever device satisfies your needs. Please offer the same common courtesy.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
lol @ people trying now be neutral after being one of the most brazen bashers of all things Apple.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Some of us really are platform agnostic. I have a 2 main phones a BB Z10 on Verizon, a Samsung Note 2 on Tmobile and I also have 2 tablets an Ipad Mini and a PlayBook. I just got rid of a Lumia 822 Win8 phone. I must say though I was NOT a fan of the Win8 phone.

Jack Larson1

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
where does windows phone stack up in this picture? i see the type of ppl who use them, and i'm wondering the genre we are pictured as.(including myself)