What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

m22run

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
What would you wait until the iPhone 6 comes out, get the S5 or the htc one m8?

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainKidd

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: What would you do

This is what I was originally trying to decide. However, I've had iPhones since the original, and have since become a bit bored. I like the S5 specs, but the plastic build bothers me. Therefore, I'm giving the M8 a shot which will be my first HTC and first android phone.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I would get the m8 but your probably going to get that answer alot in this forum.

Posted via Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to give the M8 a whirl and if I don't like it, then the S5. Never, ever will I have a Iphone.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I would get the M8. But I won't buy apple and I extremely dislike TouchWiz. I currently have a Moto X on my bedside table and a Nexus 5 in hand. I ordered the M8 on a whim. If it just had wireless charging it would be the perfect phone for me. And yes, I know I have a problem :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

the iphone won't be out before late summer at the earliest, that's a long time to wait (for me, but i buy a new phone every couple months it seems)

personally, i won't touch samsung with their horrible touchwiz overlay. i've learned my lesson after a gs3 and a note 3. (3gb of ram and it still lags opening a messaging app?!)

if you can get over the taller dimensions of the m8 and the lower MP (honestly if you don't plan to zoom and crop you'll be fine) then the m8 is the clear choice.

or you can buy my iphone 5s ;)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

If you don't care for the thread, then just move on. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm buying the M8 in a few days and sell it when Apple releases iPhone 6 5.5".

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Realistically, if you're waiting for the fall anyways - there are going to be several other devices released between now and the iPhone 6 which would make the comparison much more interesting at that point. If you're in the market for a device right now, the M8, S5, iPhone 5s, Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 are the best available (not in that order by any means). What are you looking for out of your device? Newness? Or is there something you like/dislike about these two that isn't being addressed by some of the other devices?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

I plan on buying the HTC One (M8) now and selling my iPhone 5s with my mophie pack on ebay. I also plan on buying the iPhone 6 i like the feel of premium phones with metals i usually buy two phones a year the iPhone always and what ever android device catches my attention i loved the note 3 , i sold my nexus 5 just didn't like that screen seemed washed out and the cam was not good either.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Realistically, if you're waiting for the fall anyways - there are going to be several other devices released between now and the iPhone 6 which would make the comparison much more interesting at that point. If you're in the market for a device right now, the M8, S5, iPhone 5s, Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 are the best available (not in that order by any means). What are you looking for out of your device? Newness? Or is there something you like/dislike about these two that isn't being addressed by some of the other devices?
Agree. Nexus 5 is one of the best devices I own. I love the natural colors and decent shooter.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Even the the M8 looks really good and the S5 looks feature rich, I won't be getting either of them. The iPhone 6 could be a possibility, but that depends on what they come with. It has to be more than just a bigger screen because my current device already fits the bill in that department. I have the Nexus 5 and it is a really solid device. I may just wait out the year and get the new Nexus when it drops. All of these phones coming out now are intriguing, but they aren't really better than the Nexus 5 which costs half the price in some cases. And then to know that the next Nexus will probably trump these phones on specs when it drops makes it easier to just wait. Which I probably need to exercise some self-control when it comes to purchasing smartphones anyway. So it is better overall for my personal growth not to buy any of these phones the OP mentioned. :)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: What phone would you

It's a bad assessment now as there has been no official announcement for the iPhone 6 to know what its specs will be. We are comparing a rumored/fantasy device to two real devices.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: What phone would you

Technically not since that string doesn't include the iPhone 6. Of course, it also doesn't include fat free donuts, perpetual motion machines, rainbow powered unicorn motorcycles either, or other fictional creations either.

FTR: S5, M8, S4, MotoX, Note 3, M7, Note 2, LG2, Lumia 1520, S3, iPhone ___