Moto X: Anyone else care less about the One (M8) and Galaxy S5?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone else care less about the One (M8) and Galaxy S5?

I have had the HTC M7...speakers were great but otherwise hated the phone. It was slippery and battery life was so-so. I just came from a Samsung S4. That was the worst phone I have ever owned. Bloatware, charging issues, horrid battery life. Got my Moto X last night and could not be happier. So the M8 and S5 have no appeal to me.

Posted via Android Central App

I too came to Moto X from the SGS4. I have to agree that it is a terrible phone. All the other Android devices I have ever owned had vanilla Android and I couldn't stand that skin! Could not say more for the moto x. Best phone I have ever used. The active display is probably the coolest thing ever. And the touch less control is awesome! I use it constantly while I'm driving. My phone connects to the Bluetooth in the car and all the phone's audio comes through the stereo as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Seriously, usually I'm all over the new tech coming out, especially new smart phones as I'm always looking to get something better. I watch YouTube videos, read review and sorta have fun contemplating my next device. But not this time, I am genuinely happy as heck with the Moto X still after months of getting it. I'm feeling not even into looking at any other phones and probably won't until the next X.

Went from Moto x to the S5. I think that if you tried a S5 for an hour you would have to keep it. Seriously, I know the Moto x is nice and feels great and everything but to have a great camera on a crazy fast phone with a battery that goes forever.....the Moto x is nice but you are really stretching it if you compare it to the s5. Plus Lenovo is getting ready to ruin what Google and Motorola started. Too bad, I was a big fan from the first day but now the Moto x is just a flash in the pants.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Went from Moto x to the S5. I think that if you tried a S5 for an hour you would have to keep it. Seriously, I know the Moto x is nice and feels great and everything but to have a great camera on a crazy fast phone with a battery that goes forever.....the Moto x is nice but you are really stretching it if you compare it to the s5. Plus Lenovo is getting ready to ruin what Google and Motorola started. Too bad, I was a big fan from the first day but now the Moto x is just a flash in the pants.

Don't automatically assume that Lenovo is going to ruin Motorola. And from what I read, Google didn't have that much to do with the moto x. In other words, the direction that motorola took with the moto x was mostly Motorola's idea and not Google's.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I didnt start the thread to compare phones actually. Im just so satisfied with my Moto X that im not really even looking at the next gen of smart phones. Im glad you love the gs5 but its not for everyone. My opinion is that the Moto x is still superior for my needs. The size, buttery smooth feel, features i actually use every single day and neat little personal touches make this phone better than any Samsung product ive ever owned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I didnt start the thread to compare phones actually. Im just so satisfied with my Moto X that im not really even looking at the next gen of smart phones. Im glad you love the gs5 but its not for everyone. My opinion is that the Moto x is still superior for my needs. The size, buttery smooth feel, features i actually use every single day and neat little personal touches make me content and not jump on a bandwagon just because its the newest flashiest thing. If this phone has tought me anything, its that optimization is still possible.

Oops

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I've heard that the Moto X really does have OS optimization that rivals the iPhone. Optimization is certainly one way to tackle the problem. I also like what I've read about the G Pro 2's approach. Nasty amounts of resources and power to throw at the problem while having little to slow it down. Nice.

Sent from 2 f IV 🔘

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I didnt start the thread to compare phones actually. Im just so satisfied with my Moto X that im not really even looking at the next gen of smart phones. Im glad you love the gs5 but its not for everyone. My opinion is that the Moto x is still superior for my needs. The size, buttery smooth feel, features i actually use every single day and neat little personal touches make this phone better than any Samsung product ive ever owned.

Same here. My past Samsung phones can't throw a stick at this moto x. Including my S4. Seeing how Samsung stuck with their same old ways, I can tell you right now the S5 isn't for me. That and it's just too damn big

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Too bad, I was a big fan from the first day but now the Moto x is just a flash in the pants.

The Moto X hadn't caused any flashing in my pants. Or does that mean you can root the X without taking it out of your pocket?

Sent from my Moto X

thunderbolt_nick

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Have I been looking at the new phones? Yes.

Do I really care about switching from my Moto X? No.

Great phones, but I have no desire to switch yet. That's just a personal thing. Now, the X+1 rumors have got me intrigued, but we'll see what happens.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Don't automatically assume that Lenovo is going to ruin Motorola. And from what I read, Google didn't have that much to do with the moto x. In other words, the direction that motorola took with the moto x was mostly Motorola's idea and not Google's.

I saw an interview with the CEO of Motorola mobility and he himself said that Google had nothing to do with the Moto X. He also said that there will be a successor and many more products coming down the pipeline from the reinvented Motorola.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Anyone else care less about the new HTC and s5 ?

I am usually all over the new tech as well, and while the HTC M8 looks very, very nice (S5 looks OK too), they do not interest me at all.

Motorola made one huge mistake with the Moto X, it is too good of a phone! I don't even know that I'll bother with the Moto X2 unless something goes drastically wrong with my current Moto X. I'm hoping that any software features they introduce with the new model will be available for the original X as well.

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I have a white Moto X on ATT that I bought back during launch week...Honestly it feels faster, smoother and has better battery life than when I first got it...I push this thing pretty hard and it keeps on pushing right back...Im loving this phone not thinking of switching just enjoying it...

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

With these new phones coming out, the only thing that I am interested in is how the price on the G2 is coming down so I could pick one up to see if I like it. The G3 rumors haven't got me too excited about it since they're talking the same camera and possible 5.5 inches which is too big for me. The G2 in hand does feel good and if I can land one for 250 used... I might just have to give it a shot.

Posted via my Moto X DE

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

My experience with Samsung was with the Galaxy Nexus. I went through three of them each having the problem that the phone would drop my voice during calls. It simply did not work as a phone. The rest was fine. Verizon swapped the Galaxy for a Motorolla Droid Razr. That phone "gave great phone!". I chose Motorolla because they do have the experience with how to do telephony and make radios. The generic Droid OS aspect is great as well. The Moto-x works very well for me. I do not miss the monster display of the razr. On the contrary I like the size of the moto over the razr because it is easier to use with one hand. Still like the Moto-x on all accounts except for the lack of storage.

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

My son got a new HTC One M8 this weekend. After trying it out, and deciding the camera was good enough (kind of my attitude about the X's camera) he went for it. He's been a Samsung guy but he likes the build quality of the HTC, and really with that aluminum body who wouldn't? It's not necessarily my style, but to each their own. I'm awaiting updates from him how he likes it.

I tried it for a week, but returning it. Love my X!

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I just got my Moto X yesterday, and I came from the Galaxy S III.

I honestly didn't even consider the S 5 or the One M8. I briefly considered the Galaxy S4/S4 Mini, but I liked the features of the Moto X like Google Now, active alerts, wrist twist to open camera...and I also liked that it is almost stock android. Not only that, but the phone has a decent sized screen (barely smaller than the screen of the S III which I love as a phone in general), but it is a much more compact design. I don't like the trend of big phones. I like to be able to easily put my phone in my pocket (or bra if I'm without pockets).

Without a doubt, I am sure I made the right decision.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Also the moto x is to small

I disagree 100%!

Moto X is a superb size. It's a bit smaller than the Galaxy S III which is pretty much the biggest I would actually want for a phone. I'd even prefer the Galaxy S4 Mini over the regular S 4 because of size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles