OnePlus One vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Which one is better?

TechTube14

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.

There has been a big debate on which phone is better - OnePlus One or Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Both phones are really similar, for example: Same screen size, 3GB Ram , 4K camera, 13 MP... Which phone would you pick over the other. Why is that phone better than the other?

Please watch this comparison and let me know which phone you prefer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt31FcmEZGg

Thanks

Last edited:

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I think the idea of a comparison without having both devices present may lead to wrong decisions, since the decisionbase is a bit off.

I'd personally hold off with any decisions until I get the chance to see a direct comparison, with both devices side by side.

My reasoning behind this, is the fact that while we can talk about hardware spec to no end, the end user experience still takes the cake for me.

So I'll hold off until then...

That said, they're close. Very close. If I had to decide based on what I know, then I'd stick with the Note 3 solely due to me using the S-pen quite a substantial amount. However, there IS quite a difference in cost :)

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
There are a lot of really good phones out there but unless and until someone comes out with a phablet with a stylus as good or better than the Note, NONE of them will get my vote. Large phones are a dime a dozen these days but what sets the Note apart from all of them is the S Pen and the software that comes with it. So, no matter what you want to compare the Note 3 too, it will ALWAYS get my vote (until the Note 4 comes out of course :cool: )

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

There has been a big debate on which phone is better - OnePlus One or Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Both phones are really similar, for example: Same screen size, 3GB Ram , 4K camera, 13 MP... Which phone would you pick over the other. Why is that phone better than the other?

Please watch this comparison and let me know which phone you prefer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt31FcmEZGg

Thanks

It looks like from the video that you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Do you plan to get the OnePlus One? If so, it would be interesting to see an actual hands on review. Don't get me wrong, tech spec comparison is nice, but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole story.

To answer your question though I won't get the OnePlus One unless I can get it through the smash promotion because it doesn't work on Verizon fully. Also my base Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has 32gb internal and I have a 128gb microSDXC card installed. Even using the 64gb OnePlus One, my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 still has 250% increase in storage. Add to that the s pen and removable battery, and the Note 3 has some nice additions. Personally I like the physical home button. Also I don't think that the OnePlus One supports s beam, which I have used on a few occasions

With regards to the ffc, 2mp is already fHD, so spec wise it is fine for video chat, based on mp alone but obviously there is a lot more to camera quality than mp. 5mp might be nice if you like to take selfies (i never do), but again also depends on the quality.

With regards to the rear camera, low light on the note 3 can be blurry especially when taking a picture of moving objects and takes time to focus. The 5s takes much better pictures in that regard, almost no blur and almost no lag on my wife's 5s . The Note 3 can take some very good pictures as well, in ideal conditions though, but usually I am not taking pictures in ideal conditions.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On a mod note, I moved this to the phone wars forum because we are comparing two phones.

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My issues is that it lacks SD cards and removable batteries.

Alside from that, it could make a cheap backup for my note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
On a mod note, I moved this to the phone wars forum because we are comparing two phones.

I think asking Note 3 owners to prefer a newer cheaper phone is like walking in to a hungry lions den and asking for a tickle. :)

(Asking here was the only option though if you were not aware of the new Phone Wars forum; and it's good to see what's new. )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm being offered a Oneplus One for equivalent 180USD where I live, it's already on 6.0.1 and it looks absolutely immaculate. My Note 3 looks like it's been left in a spin dryer for a week with how in terrible shape the exterior is, especially with the chipping chrome bezels.

And I want to upgrade to the Oneplus so bad, because I am fascinated with Cyanogenmod, the camera is equally capable as the Note, and I wouldn't have a problem with being stuck with 55GB (of the 64 advertised) internal storage.

But I still want the Note 3 more; seriously it's been an absolute trooper, and a testament to how amazing it is! Granted the battery's completely shot on mine, but I can just buy a new one and it will last like it was first opened in the box. Also, while on the Oneplus I have 55GB (64) storage, I have 91 with the Note 3 (96; 32GB+64GB card) Also, Multi Window and the S Pen and all the software with the S Pen. Only a Galaxy Note can be more productive and useful than a Galaxy Note.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay