So the G3 Specs

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So after listening to the S5 bashing on the LG forums and elsewhere about how good and how much better the G3 would be, these are the specs?
LG G3 specs fully revealed in preview briefing leak | Android Central

Not a bad phone by any means, and a improvement over the G2. This seems like a small upgrade, kind of like the S4/Note 3 to S5 upgrade. Although overall I still think the S5 overall is a better device. I like to think I look at things objectively. I don't think it will even compete sales wise with the M8 honestly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Definitely an improvement over the G2, didn't catch the S5 bashing, a few folks are disappointed the G3 won't be on par with the S5 Prime now though lol

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't really objectively say that the S5 is better until the G3 has been released and thoroughly reviewed. All we can say is that the G3 will at least be comparable to the S5.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If we look at the G3 from a usage standpoint, it's basically a failure.

The QHD screen is a battery sucker to say the least, not to mention a resource hog as the CPU and GPU need to push so many extra pixels.

The Snapdragon 801 is a great processor but the Adreno 330 GPU isn't exactly up to the task of pushing a QHD screen, it isn't able to consistently maintain 60fps on 1080p screens either. The performance will suffer even more on a QHD screen.

This leads me to my next point, battery life. The Adreno 330 is a power hungry GPU, the QHD resolution will have it sucking power like crazy yet the battery capacity has remained the same as it was in the G2.

While people are all hyped about this QHD screen, if you think about it, the cons do not outweigh the pros.

What good is a QHD screen if the phone has no battery...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Let's not forget the difference sense 6 vs sense 5 made on the HTC one M7. Software matters quite a bit as well.

However, as of right now, I'm going to wait for phones coming out later in the year to make a purchase.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If we look at the G3 from a usage standpoint, it's basically a failure.

The QHD screen is a battery sucker to say the least, not to mention a resource hog as the CPU and GPU need to push so many extra pixels.

The Snapdragon 801 is a great processor but the Adreno 330 GPU isn't exactly up to the task of pushing a QHD screen, it isn't able to consistently maintain 60fps on 1080p screens either. The performance will suffer even more on a QHD screen.

This leads me to my next point, battery life. The Adreno 330 is a power hungry GPU, the QHD resolution will have it sucking power like crazy yet the battery capacity has remained the same as it was in the G2.

While people are all hyped about this QHD screen, if you think about it, the cons do not outweigh the pros.

What good is a QHD screen if the phone has no battery...

Has it even been reviewed 'professionally' (by paid goons and predisposed fanboys) yet? No?

Then this is speculation. If LG screws this up I will be there to shake my fist at them for wasting all the work put into building their brand...

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Has it even been reviewed 'professionally' (by paid goons and predisposed fanboys) yet? No?

Then this is speculation. If LG screws this up I will be there to shake my fist at them for wasting all the work put into building their brand...

No, it hasn't been reviewed yet...but numbers speak for themselves and LG can't magically reduce the strain of that many pixels on the processor or battery.

If LG keeps the 801 processor and the same 3000 mAh battery, the performance and battery life of the device will suffer. The LG G2 was renowned for its longevity, people will be expecting the same kind of battery life with the new one and unfortunately that simply won't be possible with the same size battery and more thirsty components.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for LG to succeed with this device as in the end it benefits all of us but for the time being I have serious concerns with the G3.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

People had no problem giving their opinion on the S5 before it was professionally reviewed. The HTC was a different story because it was literally in stores the day it was announced. So I don't see why people can't give their opinion on leaked specs for the G3, it's done with every other phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Would OEM's release a high end phone with superior hardware specs, but with known flaws, ie ridiculous battery life, unmatched screen, ram and processing causing a log jam. Would they want to dupe a few people - or would they have geared production to overtake their competitors, in which case it has to be proven to work to gain sales.
General question - I only read a few posts.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
So after listening to the S5 bashing on the LG forums and elsewhere about how good and how much better the G3 would be, these are the specs?
LG G3 specs fully revealed in preview briefing leak | Android Central

Not a bad phone by any means, and a improvement over the G2. This seems like a small upgrade, kind of like the S4/Note 3 to S5 upgrade. Although overall I still think the S5 overall is a better device. I like to think I look at things objectively. I don't think it will even compete sales wise with the M8 honestly.
The camera alone will be better for sure. OIS makes a definite difference in lowlight...even the Nexus 5 beats the S5 there. Better front camera too. I am trying to think of how the S5 can be better in any area, and I am drawing a blank.

LG's G3 flagship is a bigger, simpler, higher-res smartphone

It has SD support and wireless charging. It has removable battery. It will probably have a faster and smoother UI if it is like the G2.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No, it hasn't been reviewed yet...but numbers speak for themselves and LG can't magically reduce the strain of that many pixels on the processor or battery.

If LG keeps the 801 processor and the same 3000 mAh battery, the performance and battery life of the device will suffer. The LG G2 was renowned for its longevity, people will be expecting the same kind of battery life with the new one and unfortunately that simply won't be possible with the same size battery and more thirsty components.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for LG to succeed with this device as in the end it benefits all of us but for the time being I have serious concerns with the G3.

They kept the 801 because the 805 does not offer LTE on chip. That alone would make the 805 significantly more power hungry.

I also think you underestimate the amount of tuning LG will have done with Qualcomm to make sure the processor and GPU perform at their best to power that screen. (LG also will likely use their expertise, as they did with the G2, to make sure the performance is the best possible)

Posted via Android Central App

Adrian Aghaie

May 19, 2014
Visit site
So my question after all this is said about the G3.

I have a chance to get a G2 for 1$...Should I do that or wait and spend over 200$ for what may in fact practically be the same phone but with worse off battery life.?