Htc one m8 or LG G3

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
G3 unless you really like the aluminum body, Sense, 5 MP selfie cam and speakers on the M8. The G3 has 2K display, 13 MP camera w/ OIS+, dual LED flash & laser auto focus, thinner bezels, removable battery and 3 GB RAM option.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I'm really digging that G3. Looks sweet, very good specs. I would check it out if I didnt already have the M8. Although, my bet is that LG's UI will stink and somehow with all that RAM it will still be laggy.. UI and responsiveness are the most important to me personally because I am severely impatient.. lol

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I went from the m7 to the flex and couldn't be happier! You will love the g3! M8 is fine if you like barebones nexus type devices!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you like big, awesome screens get the g3! Check out the flex too!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I'm really digging that G3. Looks sweet, very good specs. I would check it out if I didnt already have the M8. Although, my bet is that LG's UI will stink and somehow with all that RAM it will still be laggy.. UI and responsiveness are the most important to me personally because I am severely impatient.. lol

I was thinking the same exact thing regarding LG's UI. From some of the early videos I've seen of the G3, it seems like it has way too much going on, kinda of similar to touchwiz. All the animations it has seem to make it look kinda slow. This is just my own opinion of course.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem here is.............. The g3 is still a few months out.. If you need something now the g3 is not it... If you can wait the g3 looks like a great phone

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I think it was rumored that the g3 would be out the end of June.....rumors of course, but still. I'd go with the g3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
G3 unless you really like the aluminum body, Sense, 5 MP selfie cam and speakers on the M8. The G3 has 2K display, 13 MP camera w/ OIS+, dual LED flash & laser auto focus, thinner bezels, removable battery and 3 GB RAM option.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Pretty much.

Wireless Charging, IR Blaster and even Water Proof are must have features. This is why I dropped the M8 and easily pick the G3.

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much.

Wireless Charging, IR Blaster and even Water Proof are must have features. This is why I dropped the M8 and easily pick the G3.

G3 is not waterproof, and not out ubtil early July, at least in UK. It does look pretty beast, however. But I'm happy with my M8 and its UI. Call quality is the best I've had in a smartphone, too.

Posted via Android Central App

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the M8 right now but I will be trying the G3 when it comes out its definitely going to be a good phone though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you appreciate premium hardware quality then there is no competition. The M8 is the best smartphone out there.
If you care more about specs (that most of the time are meaningless), then wait to get the G3.

A 2k display seems like an overkill. I also don't like the skin LG is using. Another problem for me is the location of the power and volume buttons.
For me, coming from an iPhone there was only One choice. The M8 feels amazing in the hand and has great software. The G3 has amazing specs, a good design (but still plastic) and mediocre software.

Jaybotics

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
M8. I was contemplating getting the G3, but software optimization is very important to me. The G3 has nice specs, but their seems to still be lag from every video that I've watched from early reviews to just hands on demo. Not sure if the G3 has removable storage either, but my 128gb microsdxc card is a very nice added bonus.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
M8. I was contemplating getting the G3, but software optimization is very important to me. The G3 has nice specs, but their seems to still be lag from every video that I've watched from early reviews to just hands on demo. Not sure if the G3 has removable storage either, but my 128gb microsdxc card is a very nice added bonus.

The m8 can handle the 128gb card? Any issues?

[JTC ONE m8]

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

The g3 does have removable storage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781