Google Possibly Investing in Songza

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Before this thread I'd never heard of Songza. Beats? Who hasn't heard of them?

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

Songza I heard of last year because BlackBerry touted them as one of their big name apps they released BB10 with.

But I agree, Beats is a household name, so them getting snatched up by another household name is a no brainer.

Posted via Android Central App

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site
As much as I dislike both apple and beats for similar reasons, it was a pretty smart move on their parts.

SENT FROM MY NEXUS 7 USING TAPATALK.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Songza I heard of last year because BlackBerry touted them as one of their big name apps they released BB10 with.

But I agree, Beats is a household name, so them getting snatched up by another household name is a no brainer.

I never heard for songza either... But it makes sense now that I never heard of it... BB was talking about it lol :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Because Apple is the one suing everyone and their dog for copying, and their users constantly defend them about it.

That is because Apple has patents to protect.

Google never complained about Apple stealing their ideas. Google is not suing everyone for stealing their ideas. Apple is the aggressor, which is why Apple is the one criticized.

Google is open-source, so it is easy to copy them. Not as easy to copy Apple, as they have patents.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Because Apple is the one suing everyone and their dog for copying, and their users constantly defend them about it.

View attachment 122566

Google never complained about Apple stealing their ideas. Google is not suing everyone for stealing their ideas. Apple is the aggressor, which is why Apple is the one criticized.

Totally agree!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

icyrock1

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Or Beats was obscenely overpriced, more like (and Apple took the bait).
"Worth" is very relative. A matter of perspective.
Remember the internet bubble, the derivatives hype, the tulip craze? To name but a few.

Beats made a billion dollars last year in headphone sales. It'll pay for itself given time. IMO they bought it for the mindshare it has (there the it thing right now).

Also, beats isn't a 'tech' tech company. They sell accessories (that are over priced, but still).

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Beats made a billion dollars last year in headphone sales. It'll pay for itself given time. IMO they bought it for the mindshare it has (there the it thing right now).

Also, beats isn't a 'tech' tech company. They sell accessories (that are over priced, but still).

They do have a streaming service so that is techish.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Google is open-source, so it is easy to copy them. Not as easy to copy Apple, as they have patents.

Very true and accurate. Many folks have a challenging time either understanding this or accepting it.

Hi5 to the sV

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
And therefore it is ok, no matter how absurd the patents are. If Apple can get away with it, we should not criticize Apple for doing it? LOL

We are not discussing what is easy. Apple deserves criticism because they are hypocrites. They do the same things they complain about others doing to them.

The fact that you can do something does not necessarily mean you should do it.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Google copying Apple for a change

And therefore it is ok, no matter how absurd the patents are. If Apple can get away with it, we should not criticize Apple for doing it? LOL

We are not discussing what is easy. Apple deserves criticism because they are hypocrites. They do the same things they complain about others doing to them.

The fact that you can do something does not necessarily mean you should do it.

Apple isn't copying patented items. Samesung did.
And Apple isn't doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't like when giants buy smaller companies. It can create monopolies and gives us less options.

But its Beats...I know some people out there...somewhere...in some universe...care, but I can confidently assure you that I am not, and never have been, one of them.

Hi5 to the sV

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
So it is only evil if they copy ideas that are patented. Otherwise, copying is ok. Got it.

Apparently that argument has evolved in the last few years.

View attachment 122763

What patents did Android violate? Was Steve Jobs wrong?

Google originally copied Apple, and then Samesung BLATANTLY copied Apple (right down to their connector), therefore infringing on Apple's patents. Galaxy phones would have probably gone nowhere without the flat-out copying.
And yes, Apple has copied some, but to my knowledge has not stolen anyone's patents.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
So it is only evil if they copy ideas that are patented. Otherwise, copying is ok. Got it.

Apparently that argument has evolved in the last few years.

View attachment 122763

What patents did Android violate? Was Steve Jobs wrong?

Google originally copied Apple, and then Samesung BLATANTLY copied Apple (right down to their connector), therefore infringing on Apple's patents. Galaxy phones would have probably gone nowhere without the flat-out copying.
And yes, Apple has copied some, but to my knowledge has not stolen anyone's patents.

What patents did Android violate?

Google it. It will be easy to find. So far, it has cost Samesung hundreds of millions of $$ in fines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38