The LG G3 has arrived :-)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
what is it with morons posting crap.

It's really annoying that these muppets are posting crap for films, earn 1 billion pound an hour if you subscribe to whatever crap it is.

Moderators get rid of these idiots.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Best thing to do is click the little triangle in the upper right of their post, enter your message (ex. such as "Spam"), then hit Send Report. It will notify the mods/site administrators and they'll take care of it. :)

Yeh forgot about that, will certainly be doing that :)

Must admit the moderators do a good job at getting rid.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

Best thing to do is click the little triangle in the upper right of their post, enter your message (ex. such as "Spam"), then hit Send Report. It will notify the mods/site administrators and they'll take care of it. :)

^^ Use the report post to Moderator, we will take care of the rest!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

As a whole, the Ambassadors and Moderators report and eliminate (respectively) as we see it. However there are many threads, many posts, and sometimes some just slip by.

But yes, as already stated, if any regular member sees any, by all means, please click the triangular report button, and simply fill out the message box. "Spam" is really all that is needed.

Also, please note that there is a delay of 120 seconds between reports. Some spammers post several posts of garbage. Reporting one of them is all that is necessary.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

As a whole, the Ambassadors and Moderators report and eliminate (respectively) as we see it. However there are many threads, many posts, and sometimes some just slip by.

But yes, as already stated, if any regular member sees any, by all means, please click the triangular report button, and simply fill out the message box. "Spam" is really all that is needed.

Also, please note that there is a delay of 120 seconds between reports. Some spammers post several posts of garbage. Reporting one of them is all that is necessary.

Gotcha and get that some may slip through the net, what is it with these attention seeking spammers?

Keep up the good work though and did noticed the posts in question were quickly removed.

Cheers & have a great weekend :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha and get that some may slip through the net, what is it with these attention seeking spammers?

Keep up the good work though and did noticed the posts in question were quickly removed.

Cheers & have a great weekend :)

I think some of them get paid for clicks. Or at least that is my guess.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Interesting..

Nonexistent (or nearly) bezels look sexy as anything, but it's kind of awful in practice: you can't cup your device in your hand or let your fingers grip the edges, because if you do you're touching the screen and things wig out because the device is registering touches on the edges constantly. Often, I might add, on the back button because that's where the palm under your thumb rests. You also can't use a case very well because the lip that clicks around the front of your device makes it impossible to execute gestures from the edge of the screen. In short, it's good-looking, but bad for functionality.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Interesting..

Nonexistent (or nearly) bezels look sexy as anything, but it's kind of awful in practice: you can't cup your device in your hand or let your fingers grip the edges, because if you do you're touching the screen and things wig out because the device is registering touches on the edges constantly. Often, I might add, on the back button because that's where the palm under your thumb rests. You also can't use a case very well because the lip that clicks around the front of your device makes it impossible to execute gestures from the edge of the screen. In short, it's good-looking, but bad for functionality.

Makes sense, I to like the slim bezels but valid points there :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I think some of them get paid for clicks. Or at least that is my guess.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Most likely. Either that or they are advertising their services or products.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You mean you don't want to WATCH X-MEN FOR FREE??!?!?;)

I take an inordinate amount of pleasure reporting those soulless spambots.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Exactly this :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You mean you don't want to WATCH X-MEN FOR FREE??!?!?;)

I take an inordinate amount of pleasure reporting those soulless spambots.

I watched frozen for free over the weekend... Borrowed it from the library.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Design & Features

Ok so we now have all the Major Flagships Released bar the G3 which was recently announced.

This is all subjective and based solely on my perspective.

The Following in terms of design have superseded the S5..

The Xperia Z2 while not much has changed over the Z1 what Sony did was implement subtle changes that just work and done very well.

The Htc One M8 same applies and well done to Htc little changes but what they did works and well.

The LG G3 wow so great that they have managed to increase the Size but keep it manageable so well done Lg. They have changed the design and improved upon the G2 very well, and to be less fingerprint prone is a huge plus.

That leaves the S5 which yes they implemented the water resistance and new dimpled back, but the overall tweaks are nothing compared to the above. It's the yawn phone where the above was actually like hmm subtle but what they have done works.

Features on the Z2

Waterproofing, Noise Cancellation, 20.7mgp great Camera, knock on (an LG feature) Stereo speakers,4k recording, Great battery life, Nice & light Ui with great usability especially the gallery which is superb and in general runs so smooth.

Htc Features

Gesture controls and also using knock on and off, Sense 6 nicely revamped, boomsound speakers, Duo Camera all great tweaks over the M7.

LG G3 well the G3 got to mention that screen ok it's ahead of time and apps and video ect need to catch up but that's where things are going so well done Lg, knock code, knock off and on,.new Ui design and little features such as smart notification, Camera improvements.

S5

Features galore and not going to give Samsung to hard off a press here they have implemented some nice features such as Download booster, battery saving, Ui tweaks, kids mode, private mode ect and some that to me are pointless eg fingerprint reader and heartrate monitor.

Overall the likes of Sony, Htc and LG have done alot better with their flagships this year.

But wait there is the S5 Prime hmm will it continue the trend and be all hype and not much else?

What do you all think?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So who will be purchasing the G3?

I must admit I'm a bit of a collector of smartphones and have been through quite a few. Not as many as some lol namely Samsungs.

I have now swayed away from Samsung and this is just my opinion, is that other OEM's are implementing design & features in a superior way.

I am really tempted to purchase the G3. But I have a month ago acquired the Xperia Z2 which I like alot.

However out of my addiction and general curiosity I will no doubt add the G3 to my collection.

How about you?

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

I've had a few too. IPhones, Samsung GALAXY S3 , LG OPTIMUS G PRO, Nexus 5. I'll definitely get the G3. It's the closest to perfect for my needs. None have gotten it completely right yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had a few too. IPhones, Samsung GALAXY S3 , LG OPTIMUS G PRO, Nexus 5. I'll definitely get the G3. It's the closest to perfect for my needs. None have gotten it completely right yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Z2 has nailed it for me and I would struggle to find 3 flaws, really like what Sony have done. This is of course my opinion alone.

But I also like what Lg are doing and for implementing that unique feature of placing the buttons on the back, which enables thin bezels. Also for the knock on & off and knock code & that quad Hd screen I'm curious lol

I will be purchasing upon release.

jtblazer

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

Liking what I have seen so far. May sell my note 3 and get this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo