1. JeffDenver's Avatar
    Android Accounts For 85% Of The 300M Smartphones Shipped In Q2

    Geez...that is insane. Only 15% of the market is non-Android now?
    07-31-2014 04:16 PM
  2. zedorda's Avatar
    That or the iphone/wp just are not needing replacement this quarter.
    07-31-2014 04:24 PM
  3. Aquila's Avatar
    Someone cracked open a new market...

    XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    07-31-2014 04:40 PM
  4. JeffDenver's Avatar
    That or the iphone/wp just are not needing replacement this quarter.
    Thats really bad news for the iPhone 6.
    07-31-2014 05:03 PM
  5. LightaDroid's Avatar
    That's crazy. Good for android. Killing the market with goodness. Lol

    Posted from Google Nexus 5
    07-31-2014 06:05 PM
  6. Davehow's Avatar
    I haven't seen WP and BB this close to irrelevance in quite a while. They need apps to push ahead, yet developers are deterred from putting the effort into a market that small. I don't know how you're supposed to break out of a vicious cycle that feeds itself like that. Better/more advertising?
    07-31-2014 07:53 PM
  7. Aquila's Avatar
    I haven't seen WP and BB this close to irrelevance in quite a while. They need apps to push ahead, yet developers are deterred from putting the effort into a market that small. I don't know how you're supposed to break out of a vicious cycle that feeds itself like that. Better/more advertising?
    Incentives. Make it easy, make it worth their time and showcase your dev's work.
    07-31-2014 07:54 PM
  8. Davehow's Avatar
    Incentives. Make it easy, make it worth their time and showcase your dev's work.
    Didn't both companies already try a developer incentives program?
    A895 likes this.
    07-31-2014 07:55 PM
  9. nj1266's Avatar
    This is the 80s and 90s all over again. Back then PCs dominated the market share and Apple only had 2-4% of the market. Yet apple made the large majority of the profits.

    Today Apple has about 5% of the PC market but makes more profits than the largest market share PC holder.

    That is what is shaping up to be in the smartphone market. Android have a huge market share but only Apple and Samsung are making profits with Apple making 65-69% of the profits. The rest are Samsungs' profits.

    So Samsung controls 25% of the market share and has ALL the Android profit. That leaves 75% of Android OEMS without profits. What will happen to these companies? They will either go under, get bought by other companies or leave the market.

    That is the same thing that happened to the PC market.
    08-01-2014 12:51 AM
  10. zedorda's Avatar
    This is the 80s and 90s all over again. Back then PCs dominated the market share and Apple only had 2-4% of the market. Yet apple made the large majority of the profits.

    Today Apple has about 5% of the PC market but makes more profits than the largest market share PC holder.

    That is what is shaping up to be in the smartphone market. Android have a huge market share but only Apple and Samsung are making profits with Apple making 65-69% of the profits. The rest are Samsungs' profits.

    So Samsung controls 25% of the market share and has ALL the Android profit. That leaves 75% of Android OEMS without profits. What will happen to these companies? They will either go under, get bought by other companies or leave the market.

    That is the same thing that happened to the PC market.
    Could you please source your proof because it all sounds like a lot of guessing and making stuff up.
    08-01-2014 08:55 AM
  11. nj1266's Avatar
    Could you please source your proof because it all sounds like a lot of guessing and making stuff up.
    http://bgr.com/2014/03/17/iphone-pro...-market-share/

    http://m.tuaw.com/2013/04/17/apple-s...of-the-profit/

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/tonybrad...all-the-money/

    http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...milkshake.html

    Enjoy the links. Please share your views after you read them.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-01-2014 03:04 PM
  12. zedorda's Avatar
    Ahh so not a single source worried about messing up their reputation with misconstrue information. Fluff piece experts. Forbes has been sited for paid Apple fluff for years.
    08-02-2014 12:09 PM
  13. BitStern's Avatar
    Android is huge, but is it really this 85?! Not quite sure about that.
    08-02-2014 01:47 PM
  14. nj1266's Avatar
    Ahh so not a single source worried about messing up their reputation with misconstrue information. Fluff piece experts. Forbes has been sited for paid Apple fluff for years.
    Do you have evidence to support that Forbes is on Apple's payroll? If you do not have evidence then you are just making things up.

    Do you have evidence to support that the sources above are misconstruing information?

    Please provide links, otherwise it is just conjecture on your part.
    08-02-2014 02:25 PM
  15. Paul627g's Avatar
    Let's keep the discussion civil folks. Don't let the finger pointing get out of control.


    Thanks.

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    08-02-2014 04:05 PM
  16. JeffDenver's Avatar
    Android is huge, but is it really this 85?! Not quite sure about that.
    It's been close to that for a while now. And we are getting that from multiple sources. The 85% figure is world-wide, not US. Android is a lot more popular outside the US.
    A895 likes this.
    08-04-2014 11:08 AM
  17. A895's Avatar
    Android, Android Everywhere.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2014 04:16 PM
  18. MDMcAtee's Avatar
    Android, Android Everywhere.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    That's funny but is true.

    We always see more,because we're looking for it too..

    For the time I was using a WP,I was always looking to see what others were using. Now back on Android I really don't care...well not as much anyway....lol

    Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
    08-09-2014 02:29 PM
  19. A895's Avatar
    That's funny but is true.

    We always see more,because we're looking for it too..

    For the time I was using a WP,I was always looking to see what others were using. Now back on Android I really don't care...well not as much anyway....lol

    Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
    Lol, I don't care either, 9/10 it will be a Samsung Android device, LG, or an iPhone in Atlanta. The rare times I see a BlackBerry device.

    I mean I notice, but I don't really care.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2014 03:04 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 08:00 AM
  2. Interested in custom roms for SCH-I535
    By androidbrother16 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 04:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
  4. Iliad puts in bid for T-Mobile
    By Almeuit in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 07:30 PM
  5. It's all broke
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD