Why did you choose to own a Android device?

inderhayer

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
There are several reasons to choose android phone over window phone or iphone

1. Price - Android phones are cheap
2. Models - There are more variations in model in android as compared to iphone
3. Lot of Apps available on android although that are available in iOS but apps are cheaper in android

fcmatteo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Well before my first Android I had a... Symbian. Yes, a bit embarrassing, but I won it in a contest when I had no smartphone. It was a N8 and it seemed great for me.
When I broke that phone (fell into the swimming pool with it), I bought a Windows Phone (LG Optimus something). WP was new and it seemed good. In a week the phone fell three floors in a confusing episode :p I had insurance so they were going to give me another one, but they didn't have that phone so they offered me the Galaxy S2.

With my S2 I discovered a new world about smartphones, tons of apps, flexibility, customization, etc. Now I have a Galaxy S4 and think that when S6 goes out, will be my new phone. (Although Nexus is an option too)

DLGames

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
First of all i had an Windows Phone from work and i didn't like it at all it was hard to use and it wasn't that user friendly just from my point of view.
And in my country an IPhone it's to expensive so i can't buy one. Most of all i don't like the iphone because it's not that useful. It's just by playing only by there rules and you don't have the access to modify it. So for me the best option is an Android Device that i can use in which way i wont.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I came to the note 3 from an iPhone 5, and this is my first Android ever. Was a big Apple fan before. But I came over because I needed and wanted a larger screen

But now I'm completely sold. Can't imagine myself going back to the iPhone. In fact I'm planning on getting the note 4 when it comes out.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

KAY ATCHISON

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't like apple products,windows on pc,But I love Androids are fantastic mobile devices 1st time I used 1i knew I was Android user for life,I like apples from the tree to eat,but not for my mobile device.. ..+ android are small,big,bigger,now apple wants to be big copycats

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Why did you choose to own a Android device over a Windows phone or IPhone?
Functionality. It really is as simple as that. I can do more with an Android device.

Also like the freedom...I am free from censorship on Android. It doesn't suck that it's cheaper for the same quality product. Customization is nice, but that is really just a facet of the freedom thing.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have kind of a long story, will try to make it short....

Back in 2008 or 2009 I got my first smartphone..Win Mo Omnia 1 on Verizon. Had many issues with it, thought Verizon service was going bad, turns out it was my phone....but thats a topic for why I dont like Samsung phones...:p Played with a co workers iPhone and I almost left Verizon to get it. The capacitive screen did it....nothing else but that...it was so smooth to use vs resistive.

While I had my Omnia 1 I tried to get free GPS. I gave up, it involved too much hacking for me at the time. After months of frustrating use, I got offered an upgrade....enter the Droid 1.

Free GPS/navagition
Tons of free apps
Thanks to the issues I had with my Omnia 1, I just knew I needed a physical keyboard
Capacitive screen

At the time Android met all those needs. And the rest is history. After learning how open Android was.....I will keep using Android til its no longer available. I chose it over the iPhone because I didnt want to leave Verizon and Win Mo actually sucked back then vs the competition.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to have iPods, and I just got tired of the Apple's proprietary ecosystem. My first smartphone was a Palm Centro that was fantastic for the time. It was not as smooth or pretty or easy to use as an iPhone, but it was far more capable.

My next two phones were Blackberries provided by my employer. In stock form they weren't terrible, but securely locked down they were awful. I feel Blackberry's security played as big of a factor in their demise as their rise. A locked down Blackberry was such a poor device that when BYOD came around people couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Next I went with an EVO3D. I chose it over a WP phone because WP didn't have the email client I required for work at the time. It was an OK phone but suffered all the classic Android issues of the time with a poor camera, lag all over the place, and poor support. (although I don't care what anybody says, that 3D was pretty damn cool for family pictures and videos)

For my last phone I looked VERY hard at a Nokia Icon because I love Windows 8.1 on my Surface and find Windows Phone to be just as fast, fluid, and easy. But WP just wasn't quite there yet and I wanted Chromecast, Swipe, and water resistance. My wife ended up getting an Icon and it's a very nice phone but WP still has too many shortcomings for me. VERY close, but at this point I honestly don't think WP will ever close the gap. The tiny iPhone 5S was never a serious consideration. Way too small.

So I have my S5. It's not perfect by any means and it really irritates me that a phone with such great hardware still has lag and responsiveness issues. But it does everything I need it to and then some and is generally fast and easy to get it to do what I need it to.

Apple does keep improving but it seems like by the time they offer what I want there are other things I want that they don't offer. From Verizon/Sprint availability, Copy and Paste, Office, larger screens, 4G, untethered setup, Swype, NFC, and a host of other little things, they have always been a step behind. Combined with their walled garden, they have just never really appealed to me. I will admit they are quite nice at what they do but I refuse to support such proprietary ecosystems anymore. That's bad for consumers in the long run.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I will admit they are quite nice at what they do but I refuse to support such proprietary ecosystems anymore. That's bad for consumers in the long run.

Absolutely, 100% agree with you here!!

People that are invested in that type of ecosystem just don't see it. They truly control product and user. I don't ever want a manufacturer to tell me what I can or can't do on my own device! Just my opinion.

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Have to say it...... FREEDOM! After blowing money left and right on the iTunes store..... and still the phone looked basically the same. Bah! =\

Posted via the Android Central App

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint so the iPhone was only on at&t at the time when it first arrived. To me the phone was overrated back in 2007 and I still feel the same today. I wasn't going to leave a carrier for a phone, just didn't make sense to. Fast forward a few years and HTC game out with the Evo(original). First experience with Android and a larger screen. No need for an iPhone and the rest is history. I like Android matter of fact I like Google and just the option of choice you get with Android phones.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital