Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love/have loved all my Galaxy's and Note's I do plan on jumping to the iPhone 6 on day one (I'm on the T-Mobile original jump plan:) )

Yea,,, I'm one of "those" ,,,,, I like both Android and iOS ( I'm typing this on my iPad Air right now) but my current phone is the S5.

Main reason I dumped iPhone (owned every model ever made) was because of the 3.5 and 4" screen sizes, but now that Apple is going to be putting out 4.7" and 5.5" screens that's a big game changer for me.

Also, iOS 8 is now going to be finally using some of the best features that Android has had for the last few years,, predictive text keyboard, easier access to settings and a few other things that iOS has always been behind on.

And all the new features and the re-vamp of iCloud with the new iOS 8 release are very welcome as well,,,,, iCloud will finally be what it should have been long ago (more like Google Drive and Dropbox have been)

Anyhow,,,, I do love my S5, but I'm counting down the days for the iPhone 6 release,,, just can't decide between the 4.7" or 5.5" version,,,,, leaning more towards the the 4.7" though.

Any other S5 owner's out there having the same thoughts about going to, or switching back to Apple when the 6 comes out ???

Cheers
Davyo

anon(9013794)

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I've always like iphone, my wife has the 5s and I have galaxy s5....for me to switch to iphone again I want water resistant to start with, next an iphone with removable back to take battery out...and keep the metal design

Posted via the Android Central App

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll be switching. I too love both platforms as I left the 5S for the S5 and now I'm going back. What I'll miss most is the IR Blaster. I know that sounds like a gimmick to most, but for someone in poor health who watches TV as much as I do, it's incredibly handy.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope I won't. I have never been a fan of iPhones. They are too restricted. Being able to use launchers and what not without jail breaking or rooting my phone is a plus for me. I do own an iPod and an iPad so I don't dislike apple products. I just would never buy a phone.

Posted via Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I was a die hard fan of iphones. I owned all of the generations. Once I switched to the GS5, I'm not going back.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Not me. For one, I'm already accustomed to android (never owned an iPhone) and don't really have a desire to completely change operating systems. Two, I'm just not the type to get a new phone every 4 months. I'll run out my two years with the S5 and see what's on the market at that point.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I said I would go back to iOS if Apple increases the size but I'm loving android way too much.

The last two was purchased to profit off them. It cost me $250 to upgrade and sold the 64GB for $850!

Besides, base on what I've seen I'm not that thrilled about it. As I said before I only bought the 64GB iPad Air LTE because I'm a Mac user and invested in iTunes.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Won't ever happen here, can't replace the battery and the Apple store is too restrictive.
I have stronger words for the whole iOS camp but............

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine ever going from an S-anything to an iPhone. I know this next one is supposed to be bigger, but overall they look like "baby phones" to me.

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Samsung for iPhone 6? Yeah I'd seriously consider it. Samsung for an HTC, Moto, Sony android? In a heartbeat.

I'd in all seriousness consider a Nokia lumia over a Samsung android. I dislike Samsung's android software that much.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
How can you "switch" from Samsung Galaxy s5 without incurring large carrier charges and losing the cash paid up front for it?

Frankly, I'd consider switching from s5 to Amazon Fire Phone if I could ti at no cost.

I use ATT. Would ATT make such a deal?

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Using iphones since 1st generation and gave a fair try to s3's4' m7 etc but every time went back to iphone.
This year again M8 and S5, and settled on S5, not going back to iphone again, next step convet Mrs lol

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm really curious to see if apple has figured out the battery for these up coming iphones. The 5s battery was horrible. The new iPhones are looking to be very slim with much larger screens. If users can easily get thru a day w heavy use I'd seriously consider a iPhone 6.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing Apple could do to convince me to ditch Android for any of their locked-down ios products. That and my severe disdain for the way they run their business.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing Apple could do to convince me to ditch Android for any of their locked-down ios products. That and my severe disdain for the way they run their business.

For, you do not have to "ditch" your android product(s). ...in addition to, in addition to.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I wont, i just recently switched from iPhone 5 to the S5, I've had iPhones since the 3GS, 4, 5. I just had grown tired of it, it was boring, and all the new iPhone 6 will be is "Boring" with a bigger screen.