Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Not me ;) I actually prefer my S4 to iOS for more reasons than the screen. But if you only hopped off iOS for a larger screen, now is the time to jump back. I wonder how many others will do the same thing.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
As the OP of this thread I was very pleased with the new iPhone 6's official reveal,,,,, 100% positive my Galaxy S5 is going bye bye on Sept 19th,,,, and just in time too,,,, my S5 started failing on me at least a few times a day now.
I have to pull the battery while my S5 is on and do a hard restart several times a day now,,, just hope it last until I trade it in for the iPhone 6 with T-Mobile on my jump program.

Probably guna get the 4.7" model, Space Gray.

Cheers
Davyo

You do realize that a certain % of all phone users have a bad experience? I'm sure the same % will have a bad experience with the vaunted iphone 6. Nothing is perfect. I'm sure you can find many people that didn't have a bad experience with the S5.

Ever see those reviews on Amazon where 98% of the people had a great experience, but there's always a couple stragglers that try and tell the world how bad it is? Guess what? You're one of them.

I know better than to bash something because of a hardware failure. It happens all the time. I used to fix computers, I know.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
From what I have read the trade in of Samsung products has gone up 200% since the announcement of the iPhone 6. Big blow indeed.

Posted via Android Central App

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Ditching is a bit strong but I have ordered a 6 Plus. I bounce back and forth between iOS and Android. The S5 has been a good phone but I always default back to iOS.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Apple has got some issues on their hands, the last 6 months have been a rough one and with the latest bug issues with iOS8 I don't see how anyone could trust them with ApplePay. If you haven't heard here's a quick list:
-hacked iCloud accounts (aware of issue 6 months prior)
-at launch users seeing slow wifi and battery issues
-phone bending (not just the videos of people intentionally trying to bend them)
-iOS 8.0.1 update shutting off service to many
-iCloud services went down for several hours for a lot of people
-Reset All option erasing iCloud documents :-o
-Apple Maps a mess

Apple needs to wake up, quit being so arrogant and figure this crap out. The funny thing is the diehards are still defending them, I'm just curious as of to how bad Apple would have to screw up before those diehards would admit that Apple has problems.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple has got some issues on their hands, the last 6 months have been a rough one and with the latest bug issues with iOS8 I don't see how anyone could trust them with ApplePay. If you haven't heard here's a quick list:
-hacked iCloud accounts (aware of issue 6 months prior)
-at launch users seeing slow wifi and battery issues
-phone bending (not just the videos of people intentionally trying to bend them)
-iOS 8.0.1 update shutting off service to many
-iCloud services went down for several hours for a lot of people
-Reset All option erasing iCloud documents :-o
-Apple Maps a mess

Apple needs to wake up, quit being so arrogant and figure this crap out. The funny thing is the diehards are still defending them, I'm just curious as of to how bad Apple would have to screw up before those diehards would admit that Apple has problems.

Some diehards/loyalosts are completely ignorant of the issues you've outlined and may not even comprehend some of the issues if told. I don't think it's all intentional "head-in-the-sand" either. Some people are surprisingly ignorant when it comes to technology and don't see any motivation to invest the effort to change. I think some of the big OEMs, including Apple and Samsung, enjoy this.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I did the just the opposite, short of owning an iPhone 6. I saw only ONE possible leak months ago that made me think "if this is what the new iPhone 6 looks like, I will happily wait in line for it". Then as the leaks showed what ultimately was the new 6, I became increasingly disappointed. The cutouts on the back looked hideous to me, and while not as bad as I thought in person, it still irks me a little. Sure, a case hides things like that but sometimes I like rocking my phone naked and I just didn't like it. The phones are definitely fast and perform great even with their lower RAM numbers than other offerings, and the screens no doubt look pretty damn good.
But what ultimately made me want to switch, other than the physical aspect of the phone, was being locked back into a standard iOS software that's not jail broken. I'm sure the JB community will find a kernel to hack in iOS 8, but I'm impatient and I didn't want to be stuck with a standard iPhone with a grid of icons like every other average iPhone, no control center toggles that I couldn't customize, ugly lock screen grabbers, limited airdrop file sizes, no night mode to darken the entire UI, no f.lux to adjust the screen hue at night (seriously once I got used to f.lux I didn't know how I've done without it, I LOVE it!), no customized animation speeds, that stupid parallax parallax effect, oh so much more on top of this.
Sooooooooo many of these aspects, and many, many more made me appreciate my device a lot more, as well as my iPad I'm typing on now with virtually all the same tweaks. But after spending time on Android devices in store, I realized I wanted a larger screen but had become bored with iOS. So far I'm happy I made the jump. I feel like I'll keep my iPhone as a dedicated music player for a bit, as I still love the phone. But I look at the screen and laugh as how I was able to put up with it all these years. But for the longest time, I thought I didn't need a bigger screen. And I guess I still don't, but I definitely like it.

Not gonna lie though, there's a chance I'll jump back when and if the new software is jail broken. A 64gb iPhone with a larger screen and many of the same UI tweaks as my iPhone 5 would be pretty freakin sweet. But for now, I think I'm good with my S5 :D

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have tried the iPhone 6 both in stores and friends' phones and I'm not at all impressed with it. Honestly I can't wait to upgrade from my iPhone 5S to the Note 4 or the S6 when it comes out next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk