iPhone 6 Will Be $299 - Will Samsung Undercut Their Price With The Galaxy Note 4?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that we haven't gotten pricing details on the Galaxy Note 4 because Samsung was waiting to learn the cost of the phablet version of the iPhone 6?

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
They should or their done. No way they can compete with that. 64gb of storage... All the way up to 128gb for the price its too good to pass up. BUT... there is alot to lose by switching over to the iphone, particularly freedom so that is a tough call. It is very tempting though and with Samsung waiting too long to put out their Note, its gonna hurt some too.

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that we haven't gotten pricing details on the Galaxy Note 4 because Samsung was waiting to learn the cost of the phablet version of the iPhone 6?
I highly doubt it. In all reality Samsung probably knows how much the Note 4 will cost and when it will release. I gotta admit as much as I hate Apple they don't make their customers wait a whole month or more to get their hands on the latest tech! Makes me want to at least give the larger iPhone a try.....

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I have alot of interest in the Note 4, but because they want to make people wait so long for it, I feel like wanting to at least give the iPhone a shot first. If Sammy wouldve released the Note 4 within a few weeks or so, I would be all for it, but that long wait has me looking elsewhere right now

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There is a lot going for the new I phone besides a big screen. They are promising improved call quality, something no other new phone has paid any attention to recently. They promise great battery life, improved sensor, speedy focusing, a A8 64 bit processor, and a 64 gig version for 399 on contract. Moreover, it will be compatible with the Apple Watch that blows away the Samsung Gear or any other smart watch now out.
It doesn't have an S-pen or SD slot, true. But KitKat has all but ruined a lot of the SD card usability. I don't use the S-pen enough now, either, to miss it. While I am not a fan of IOS, IOS 8 promises some major improvements. I won't miss the screw ups of almost every Android system upgrade. That's for sure.
I think Samsung needs to worry. For once, I would seriously consider an Apple phone.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What if Samsung just made their announcement in October, then they wouldn't be making people wait. I don't understand that argument about Samsung.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Right now, I'm so torn between the new iPhone and the Note 4. I really need to think this over. Darn, iPhone why'd you have to do that to me! Loving their new big screen! I wonder which is going to be price better. I think samsung will be expensive.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This might be another discussion but I know there is push from Google to remove SD cards from phones. This would happen much easier in my opinion if there were greater storage on android. It seems the majority of internal storage on android is around 32GB. Does anyone know why android phone manufacturers can't or won't increase internal storage?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple is a suffocation chamber. I would never go back to that ecosystem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apple is the peoples temple of technology and Steve Jobs was the Jim Jones. No matter what, Apple can always count on its followers to drink the newest flavor of kool aid called the iPhone even if there's been little improvement over the last flavor. Adding more sugar won't make it tastes any better.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
People always talk about Apple adopting things that have been done in Android ages before hand but the thing about it is that Apple takes those things and makes it much better. I love Samsung devices and all, but they usually end up laggy thanks to that Touch Wiz crap and then they are always undecided on what they want to do. They have put out at least 3 versions of the same watch over the course of the year, they have the Galaxy S5, Alpha, Note, S5 Active, S5 Sport, etc. I just wish they had more consistency because u never know whether to get what they are putting out or if u want to wait another 6 months for their "better" version.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
People always talk about Apple adopting things that have been done in Android ages before hand but the thing about it is that Apple takes those things and makes it much better. I love Samsung devices and all, but they usually end up laggy thanks to that Touch Wiz crap and then they are always undecided on what they want to do. They have put out at least 3 versions of the same watch over the course of the year, they have the Galaxy S5, Alpha, Note, S5 Active, S5 Sport, etc. I just wish they had more consistency because u never know whether to get what they are putting out or if u want to wait another 6 months for their "better" version.

You do in regards to the Note series of phones.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
With reports of the iPhone 6 being offered for as cheap as free, what chance does Samsung have of prevailing? Might Samsung follow suit?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With reports of the iPhone 6 being offered for as cheap as free, what chance does Samsung have of prevailing? Might Samsung follow suit?
Where can you get the iPhone 6 free, i am assuming on contract, without any trade in?

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is doing a promo trade in your iphone 4 or greater and get your iPhone 6 free.

Its funny they call it "free", completely ignoring the fact the phone's cost is built in every bill.

If they do free phone, AND no contract, now that is what I call "free". :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 6 Plus is a phone with a large screen. The Note series is unique, with the S-Pen and all the things it can do. I'm sure Apple wants you to think that the 6 competes with the Note, but it really doesn't. It's closest Android competition is the LG G3, which is available for $100, has a much higher resolutions screen (for what that's worth) and is much smaller.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is doing a promo trade in your iphone 4 or greater and get your iPhone 6 free.

Not really free since you have to trade in.I wouldn't mind to trade in my 3g,but they won't accept it. And not worth it for 5 or 5s.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance