Just play with iPhone 6&6+ ..happy now..My G3 is better..

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just went back from my local AT&T..play with new iPhone 6 and have to say nothing better than my g3.. Iphone display is good but even 6+ 1080p is still far behind g3 display..almost same weight with g3..and very huge bezel on Iphone...overall happy now ...stay with my G3..:)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just play with Iphone 6&6+ ..happy now..My G3 is better..

Between you and me......don't let anyone know this but.......

........the 'smart' people this year......

.........bought the G3! ;) :cool:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I did watched several impressions/reviews on it and Mobile Syrup did a quick size comparison. I love Apple and love the previous generations but when I saw the two side-by-side, I can't believe how ugly it is. The premium look is gone.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Pfft what about mah Note 4? :D.

Pssst...Considering what each device does and cost of ownership.....I was careful and deliberate about saying 'smart' people and not 'best' smartphone :p

Seriously, I haven't played with the Note 4 yet but when I do, I know I'll have some serious envy over it! ;)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I did watched several impressions/reviews on it and Mobile Syrup did a quick size comparison. I love Apple and love the previous generations but when I saw the two side-by-side, I can't believe how ugly it is. The premium look is gone.

It is terrible. Really a disappointment from Apple in the about of bezel they threw on there.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I stopped by the Apple store to look at phone and I am happy and sticking to my G3 but have to say I liked both phones and they will sell well and if I was in the market for a new phone and had my Nexus 4 and didn't go G2 then G3, I would very much consider the 6.

The regular 6 I think they got right in size... just a little bigger than Nexus 4 and about G2 size. And that thing just feels sooo thin and light and the metal construction is slick. Feels super premium to me. The screen is super nice and I'm not gonna nit pick over 1080 or quad hd cause it's just good. Runs through UI pretty smooth... lets be honest... the G3 is not the smoothest UI. The 6 plus is too big for me but for those who love phablets will love it i guess.

pics from the store below using my G3... First two are 6plus and third is regular 6.

Attachments

• IMG-20140919-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20140919-WA0018.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 236

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

To Bembol... see one in person and hold it... looking at pics and vids not the same as feeling and holding it. feels and looks premium to me. Honestly I wasnt fan of the iPhone 5 build over the 4s. If you want comparisons to me... It kills the Samsung S5 in premium... I think the build quality is better than G3... G3 has a metal look but it's not metal and it doesnt compare to real metal. The G3 doesnt feel metal and not as tight as the iphone. People write about hearing the back panel creek on the G3. I think it's equal to if not better than HTC M8. And not sure what the beef is on the bezel... I've seen worse.

Eh... I like all types of phones. I think these are pretty nice.

It is terrible. Really a disappointment from Apple in the about of bezel they threw on there.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen one yet. Did you by any chance notice the prices, relative to the G3, say?

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
^^^Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen one yet. Did you by any chance notice the prices, relative to the G3, say?

That's where things get pretty serious 😠....or comical 😂....depending where you're coming from.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I'm sure it's a well built phone. Hardware, while marked up too high, really isn't their issue. Every time I've used an iOS device, it feels like an Android phone that's been put into that EZ mode that they you set up for your grandma. I'm all set.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

That's where things get pretty serious 😠....or comical 😂....depending where you're coming from.

I see. I understand. Say no more. I'd suspected as much.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

To Bembol... see one in person and hold it... looking at pics and vids not the same as feeling and holding it. feels and looks premium to me. Honestly I wasnt fan of the iPhone 5 build over the 4s. If you want comparisons to me... It kills the Samsung S5 in premium... I think the build quality is better than G3... G3 has a metal look but it's not metal and it doesnt compare to real metal. The G3 doesnt feel metal and not as tight as the iphone. People write about hearing the back panel creek on the G3. I think it's equal to if not better than HTC M8. And not sure what the beef is on the bezel... I've seen worse.

Eh... I like all types of phones. I think these are pretty nice.

Metal doesn't make a phone premium, design does. Metal seems to be the new smartphone fad everyone is obsessed with, I personally don't like metal. It doesn't feel good in your hands, and it dents easily. No thanks.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't think metal makes a phone premium either. Read my post, I use look and feel and build quality. Nothing wrong with a quality phone in plastic but metal is a premium material and a nice touch when used and put together well... Moto x, Sony x3, note 4 and alpha, HTC m8, iPhone.

but I was just giving my impression on the 6 after seeing and holding it, it looks and feels premium. I also wasn't impressed with pics but afterwards think it's a really nice phone. I think the G3 feels great in hand and good quality too... I was just ranking it where I think it falls in the list of phones I mentioned and have had time with all those phones mentioned.

If the phone was built elsewhere and had android on it, I bet more people would be loving the design, build and feel of it lol.

Metal doesn't make a phone premium, design does. Metal seems to be the new smartphone fad everyone is obsessed with, I personally don't like metal. It doesn't feel good in your hands, and it dents easily. No thanks.

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

This is why in-store purchases are better than online ones. What if you had pushed that lovely "purchase" button out of excitement before actually holding the 6? (Thunder crashes) :confused:

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad to see that the people in the LG G3 forum think that the LG G3 phone is the best. However, I imagine that the HTC One (M8) people are saying that their phone is the best. And we can be sure that the Samsung Galaxy S5 people are doing that as well.

The only people who really can't say that with a straight face are the ones who bought the Fire Phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

People write about hearing the back panel creek on the G3. I think it's [iPhone] equal to if not better than HTC M8. And not sure what the beef is on the bezel... I've seen worse.

What do people DO with their phones that they hear the back panel creak? Are they using it to pry open beer bottles or something? I don't twist or bend my phone. Ever. I've got a GS3 (waiting for O*&%(*&U Sprint to deliver my G3), which is hardly built like a brick, with an aftermarket Chinese made plastic back, and I've never heard the thing creak. Ever. (No, the original back didn't break. It's safely stored away. I bought the $5 back to get a color I couldn't get otherwise.)

As far as bezels, yeah, the iPhone is no worse than the HTC. I think that phone is pretty ridiculously sized, too. OTOH, the bezels on the HTC are at least functional, with speakers that produce excellent sound. The bezels on the iPhone are naught but wasted space. The bottom one on the iPhone exists for no reason other than to hold the big round button that Apple is too hidebound to change, and the top one is sized to match and retain that classic iPhone look. Neither are useful at all. I really believe that Jobs, were he still in charge, would have recognized a design that made sense on a 3.5" phone doesn't necessarily work on bigger ones.

Of course, if they had introduced a phone with a rectangular button, or on-screen buttons, everyone would have screamed they were copying Android. But if Steve Jobs had introduced a phone with a rectangular button, all the iPHans would have gone "Oooh! A rectangular button! How space saving. How smart. Jobs is such a genius!"

Think Apple is worried that Samsung will sue them for copying their design if Apple uses and rectangular or ovoid button?

FWIW, the iPhone 6 and 6+ are certainly the best iPhones Apple has ever made. But they should be. Time marches on and technology advances. But the improvements over the 5s (other than screen size) and iOS 7 are pretty minor, and largely things that Android already does. (Oooh! The power button is on the side!) I'm not interested in an iPhone, but I'm perfectly OK with the fact that lots of people are. Competition improves the breed, and will make Android better, too.

Erick Sims

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Personally I feel that's irrelevant. Apple has not lost this aspect I feel this generation of iPhone are far more chic.

When it comes to features and 3rd party integration and what not apple could have been wiser with giving these features a bit more love. Apple is trying to get there but they have a long way to go. You know?

Posted via the Android Central App