Decided I'm taking my htc one m8 back. Had an iPhone 5 and due upgrade so thought I'd experiment. Bad idea. It's huge I need two hands to text and Google is stalking me. I think I will get the iPhone 5c. Anyone else have up the HTC because of Google

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2014 02:25 AM
    Decided I'm taking my htc one m8 back. Had an iPhone 5 and due upgrade so thought I'd experiment. Bad idea. It's huge I need two hands to text and Google is stalking me. I think I will get the iPhone 5c. Anyone else have up the HTC because of Google

So.. you are passing judgment on ALL Android devices based upon your experience with just one phone? It appears you don't know very much about mobile devices. Are IPhones the only devices you have ever used?
    A895 likes this.
    10-14-2014 03:00 AM
    No had a blackberry which and was always Nokia before that

10-14-2014 03:32 AM
    Why do you ask
    10-19-2014 08:25 PM

I can't disagree with the google stalking. I've used BB, iOS and my current nexus 5. I say you should use what you like and what works for you. If my job didn't use google services so heavily I might not stick with my nexus 5. I like the phone but agree with your assessment of google stalking.
    10-19-2014 08:31 PM
    The choice really boils down to:

If you want to use the phone the way the manufacturer wants you to use it, and only run apps the manufacturer approves of, use an iPhone.

If you want a pocket-size computer that you can run the apps of your choice on, and also make and take phone calls, use an Android.

IOW, those of us who run computers "on the bare metal" run Androids (although I'd rather see a pure *nix phone), "the rest of us" (as the old Apple commercial would have it) use Apple products. (I developed Apple programs for years - Apple lies about never breaking your program.)
    Greg C likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:20 PM
    So let me get this straight. You decided to buy an android phone with a large display but failed to think about how texting would be and now are complaining about having to use two hands to text? lol

It seems like you just walked into a store without doing any research and bought a phone that some salesman talked you into buying. Anyways, I can't argue with your point of feeling stalked by Google but a lot of the stalking is done to make information available to you when you need it.

To solve your texting problem, you should switch over to the swype keyboard (it'll allow you to text with one hand). As far as the Operating system goes, Android offers you more freedom with your handheld device whereas Apple only lets you use the device how they want you to (which in my opinion is extremely restricting but also safe if you're not tech savvy)

You shouldn't pass judgement on an Operating system based on your experience with one phone, and half of the reasons you provided for your displeasure is something you failed to realize on your own when buying a phone. I'd recommend trying a different phone and be patient with it, once you get the hang of Androids you'll never go back.
    Greg C and Smply_Rcklss like this.
    10-20-2014 03:08 PM
    Apple is a control freak, Google is a stalker.

I chose lesser of two evils, at least android offers options to limit Google's hands, there is no escaping from apples thumb when using an apple device.

@T-Mobile GN3
    A895 likes this.
    10-20-2014 06:17 PM
    Apple is a control freak, Google is a stalker.

I chose lesser of two evils, at least android offers options to limit Google's hands, there is no escaping from apples thumb when using an apple device.

@T-Mobile GN3
    Or you could just not use an iCloud...
    10-20-2014 10:07 PM

Funny.. I just typed this one handed without any issues.... So run back your iPhone without really trying to learn how to use your m8.

As far as being stalked that is BS.

You just prefer a iPhone and Apple... no big deal, why make it one?

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
    10-21-2014 01:45 AM
    Or you could just not use an iCloud...
    If only its that simple, tell me how to use it withut a computer? ituenes, safari, and apple ecosystem integration?

don't confuse stock google with stock android, google bloat is still bloat.
    10-21-2014 02:58 AM
    If you go to google.com/dashboard, and your google account settings it allow you to control many aspect of privacy. You can't escape the stalking completely if you want to use Google services though. But at the sametime, I feel Google is much more transparent than Apple, about their data collection and their OS while have lots of proprietary aspect, is more open source than iOS.

One of the OP's concern may be due to not being used to the HTC keyboard. This is natural when you switch OS. Some people here tout the HTC keyboard, but I personally found it to be the worse thing I ever used, maybe it is responsive, but I find the layout to be annoying. The good thing with Android is there are alternative keyboards, I prefer Swype over the rest. iOS keyboard is amazing and responsive, but it's still lacking gesture typing which is a killer feature for me. Apple finally allowed third party keyboard, but I heard some serious issues it causes to the OS right now, and so far the Swype iOS version is really bad.
    10-22-2014 11:34 AM
    If you go to google.com/dashboard, and your google account settings it allow you to control many aspect of privacy. You can't escape the stalking completely if you want to use Google services though. But at the sametime, I feel Google is much more transparent than Apple, about their data collection and their OS while have lots of proprietary aspect, is more open source than iOS.

One of the OP's concern may be due to not being used to the HTC keyboard. This is natural when you switch OS. Some people here tout the HTC keyboard, but I personally found it to be the worse thing I ever used, maybe it is responsive, but I find the layout to be annoying. The good thing with Android is there are alternative keyboards, I prefer Swype over the rest. iOS keyboard is amazing and responsive, but it's still lacking gesture typing which is a killer feature for me. Apple finally allowed third party keyboard, but I heard some serious issues it causes to the OS right now, and so far the Swype iOS version is really bad.
    Is that Apples fault? No. Its the developers fault.

10-22-2014 02:15 PM
    I think I will get the iPhone 5c.
    Would you consider getting the iPhone 5s? That has Touch ID. The iPhone 5c doesn't have that.
    10-22-2014 02:37 PM