12-18-2014 02:05 AM
35 12
tools
    I got the official charging dock and the magnetic USB charger early and tried it with my wife's Z1 compact and both of them work great, so I'm expecting the same results on my Z3. I won't be using a case with my Z3 btw.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Like it was mentioned above, reconsider the no case approach, I can't tell you if it's fragile or not but remember that is crystal on front and back and even when it may not shatter or break, if you are OCD like me, you won't deal with the amount of scratches it easily gets.
    11-12-2014 07:16 AM
    might want to reconsider that no case idea.. Its a very fragile phone.
    I'll take my chances, I hate cases.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 09:55 AM
    Let us know how you get on with it. I'm not sure I want a phone that big so will be interesting to hear what it's like to have one.
    So, I was all set to get an N6, ordered a case and it arrived....it is a BIG phone. Then came the frustration of ordering one with TMo and other sources. Now the mixed reviews are starting to roll in. I have changed my mind and going to get a Z3. The battery life is world class and reports I have read indicate a much improved screen over my Z1s. I also know the Z3 will be at the top of Sony's list for Lollipop. Think I'll go with a known winner.
    Ulver982 likes this.
    11-12-2014 07:36 PM
    The Sony interface I will have to take some time to get used to.
    I am debating as well between N6 vs Z3. But. Man. The two times I visited my local TMobile and handled the Z3...that interface...just...eh...too toy-ish...or ....as if the IU did a time warp from 2009/2010.
    11-13-2014 06:53 PM
    I am debating as well between N6 vs Z3. But. Man. The two times I visited my local TMobile and handled the Z3...that interface...just...eh...too toy-ish...or ....as if the IU did a time warp from 2009/2010.
    The interface setup is pretty much stock android with a very few tweaks, it's one of the things I like about the Xperia Z line of phones. Some of their themes can get a little weird but you can customize the elements of any theme without rooting. Also check Google Play there are many Xperia themes to choose from, both free and pay a buck or two.

All in all, I'll take Sony's interface over Sense or any of the other OEM skins any day
    Ulver982 likes this.
    11-13-2014 07:51 PM
    This is open to anyone. I have a Nexus 5 and unfortunately the Nexus 6 is priced way too high for me since I can not do upgrades or subsidized pricing on my TMobile plan. I saw the Z3 and man is it nice. I like the body and screen. I do have some deals that i have found to buy a Z3 outright. I was wondering if anyone has gone from a Nexus 4 or 5 to an xperia z2 or z3?

I always was thinking of even going Z2 since the Z2 and Z3 have the same processor (801 Snapdragon). Let me know your thoughts.

Side note....cant wait for Sony to make a Nexus phone.
    11-17-2014 01:31 PM
    To be honest I think they are two totally different devices. One is premium phone and other is a monster but nothing in my opinion beats my super awesome cynogen based phone. The custom ROM has plethora of features and the best part, I can still get regulasr updates rather relying on Brands that don't deliver.
    12-11-2014 06:32 AM
    Not sure what direction you took, I'm coming from the Nexus 5 and I'm really happy with the z3. Battery life was the big reason for the switch. I think the z2 could be a decent device as well. I financed the phone through tmobile so I ended up with the z3.
    12-15-2014 03:04 PM
    Just to add some info,

I've been using Z2 for 7 months now, and it's AMAZING.. I have never thought about buying another phone since then.
    But yes the phone or the glass is very soft, especially the back one, I just remove my tempered glass less than 2 months ago and now it is scratch sooo much
    I really hope that sony will use better glass on the next generation Z phones.

So i'm suggesting to all of you, do not remove the screen protector
    12-16-2014 07:43 PM
    I've been a Sony user so I choose Xperia Z3
    12-18-2014 02:05 AM
35 12