05-21-2015 09:11 PM
119 12345
tools
    Still impressive that it's not much bigger than the Note 4 given the slightly bigger screen size (and front facing stereo speakers).

I just wish they compared it indoors. The quality of the AMOLED display is still an unknown factor and it would have been nice to see contrasts/brightness comparisons.
    10-21-2014 06:36 AM
    Still impressive that it's not much bigger than the Note 4 given the slightly bigger screen size (and front facing stereo speakers).

I just wish they compared it indoors. The quality of the AMOLED display is still an unknown factor and it would have been nice to see contrasts/brightness comparisons.
    Well if it is like the note 4 display it will be great. I think a review said the note 4 got as brights as 700 nits using auto brightness which I have tried and found it is really good outside. It over saturates the colors that high so it looks pretty accurate outside so if your taking a picture let's say or buying something like a shirt where color is important it doesn't look washed out. Idk who supplies amoled panels for Motorola but let's hope they use the same kind they use in the note 4?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-21-2014 06:46 AM
    Well if it is like the note 4 display it will be great. I think a review said the note 4 got as brights as 700 nits using auto brightness which I have tried and found it is really good outside. It over saturates the colors that high so it looks pretty accurate outside so if your taking a picture let's say or buying something like a shirt where color is important it doesn't look washed out. Idk who supplies amoled panels for Motorola but let's hope they use the same kind they use in the note 4?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    I have seen the Note 4 display at a store and it is quite impressive. Typically Samsung supplies displays for other OEMs but I guess calibration varies by manufacturer. Hopefully we see more "review" videos in the coming days,
    10-21-2014 07:31 AM
    I am hoping for the same. The Nexus 6 with a pretty good camera. Since this over the note 4 because of the 64 bit processor. Then maybe next year depending on how I like the phone I can always try the Note 5 that running a 64 bit processor. I feel the Nexus 6 support will last longer than the note 4 support will.
    To be clear, neither the Nexus 6 nor the Note 4 use 64-bit processors (actually they both share the same Qualcom 805 chip, which is 32-bit). The only thing the Nexus 6 introduces related to a 64-bit processor is Android 5.0, which offers support for 64-bit processors, as first found in the new Nexus 9 tablet.
    10-21-2014 11:08 AM
    There is no stock android, it's stock Google, why do you guys keep mixing open source android with Google nexus? The difference is wide and significant.

I'm sure there are enough praise for Google whatever here, so here are the pros of note 4:

Beautiful amoled display, best display in the market by many measurements.
    Replaceable battery
    Large battery that is rated near the top of the comparison chart compiled by gsmarena
    Expandable storage with micro SD card
    Multi window multi taking
    Super power saving mode
    S pen, if you care for that
    Better privacy
    Here map, miles better than Google map IMHO
    Gear VR is phenomenal, if you want it.
    10-21-2014 08:01 PM
    I see on the AC front page there is a Developer Edition Note 4 coming to Verizon. This has me interested a bit. I had a Galaxy S4 and got rid of it because the bootloader was locked down. But I heard those that were able to unlock the bootloader before it was locked had a great experience with the phone. So a custom Touchwiz Rom over a stock android on the Nexus 6? Hmm, it has my attention. Anyone else?
    10-23-2014 06:01 AM
    You're kidding, right?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 07:00 AM
    You're kidding, right?

Haha, just curious. Not trying to start a war, just thoughts rattling around in my head. I know this is a nexus forum so I can guess what the answer will be.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-23-2014 07:51 AM
    But with the dev version you could install an asop Rom if one is released but still have the spen and memory card slot and removable battery.

10-23-2014 08:12 AM
    It has peaked my interest. Waiting to see how the development community at XDA responds to the news first. Even a few solid developers committed to it would make me choose Note over Nexus.

10-23-2014 09:07 AM
    No it will not change my mind. The thing I like about this new type of Nexus that started with the Nexus 5 of last year is that there is no different carrier versions of a ROM anymore, there is only one. One ROM will work across both the international & U.S. versions. If this continues going forward its going to be pretty hard to pull me away from the Nexus brand.
    10-23-2014 10:56 AM
    I wonder how that TouchWiz ROM would deal with the lack of a hardware Home button.
    10-23-2014 10:56 AM
    I wonder how that TouchWiz ROM would deal with the lack of a hardware Home button.
    ? Are you referring to the Developer Edition of the Verizon Note 4? If so it is the same device as the regular edition but with an unlockable bootloader [If it isn't already unlock].
    10-23-2014 11:02 AM
    ? Are you referring to the Developer Edition of the Verizon Note 4? If so it is the same device as the regular edition but with an unlockable bootloader [If it isn't already unlock].
    I was referring to the OP's idea of putting a TouchWiz ROM on the Nexus 6 hardware.
    BRIVERS73 likes this.
    10-23-2014 11:07 AM
    Let's see, 2560x1440 increased resolution will result in more consumption, no way around it. More pixels = higher drain.

I like to add zerolemon extended batteries but this is just a deal-breaker, if I cannot upgrade the battery easily. What a dumb decision. Everything else seems to right, although I have reservations about the on screen buttons.

Looks like will keep Optimus G Pro a little longer. I like 1.5-2 day runtime with the 9500 mAh cell.
    They need to make *at least* a 10,000 extended battery for it. Otherwise thing device will stay on the charger every 6 hours.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    10-23-2014 11:27 AM
    About as close as any TV to average couch ratio distance. I use it all the time on my Note. I'm actually trying to decide on whether or not to get the Nexus or keep my Note. Didn't realize how much I use the remote for different rooms in in my house. It's pretty convenient.

Posted via Ash William's Boomstick
    10-23-2014 11:32 AM
    DirecTV, it does everything for it.

Posted via Ash William's Boomstick
    10-23-2014 11:34 AM
    Not necessarily. The Note 4, for instance, has the same screen size as the Note 3 with far more pixels in it. And guess what? Battery life is awesome. I'm getting at least 40% more out of it than I did with the Note 3 with similar usage. If the phone is optimized properly, this should at least last a day.
    qnet likes this.
    10-23-2014 11:35 AM
    I can't imagine how big a phone with 10,000mah battery will be like. This phone is probably too big already.
    10-23-2014 11:44 AM
    Must feel sort of like this carrying that brick around huh
    Robbie317 likes this.
    10-23-2014 11:45 AM
    If you can carry around another battery, why can't you just carry an external battery charger? It's the same thing. I just bought one. Works great.

10-23-2014 12:10 PM
    If you can carry around another battery, why can't you just carry an external battery charger? It's the same thing. I just bought one. Works great.

Sometimes when you're out and about you don't have easy access to power outlets but, most importantly, you usually don't have TIME to sit around and wait for the phone to charge.

On the other hand, I'm not sure, but if this thing supports quick charging, you could get it up and running in a few minutes or fully charged over a cup of coffee. Or just get an external power pack.
    10-23-2014 12:22 PM
    Let's see, 2560x1440 increased resolution will result in more consumption, no way around it. More pixels = higher drain.
    This is why we need to wait for comprehensive battery reviews. If battery endurance is a top priority for you, it may be wise to hold off on purchasing a Nexus 6.

If you really need a removable battery, you might want to consider a Samsung Note 4.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-23-2014 12:22 PM
    Sometimes when you're out and about you don't have easy access to power outlets but, most importantly, you usually don't have TIME to sit around and wait for the phone to charge.

On the other hand, I'm not sure, but if this thing supports quick charging, you could get it up and running in a few minutes or fully charged over a cup of coffee. Or just get an external power pack.
    What power outlets and sitting around waiting to charge? It's already charged. All you do is plug it in to your phone and go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CTK...ef=mp_s_a_1_25

$20 and it charges your phone at least once. They have bigger ones.

Halofury likes this.
    10-23-2014 12:27 PM

It does support quick charging. Also, it will come with the Moto turbo charger in the box. No need to purchase it separately like the Moto X owners need to do.

Sent from my LG G3
    10-23-2014 12:31 PM
119 12345