Google Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Debating

Umm when I had a 32gb nexus 5 it had around 24gb free and my note 3 has around 22-23. Note 4 has about 22?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's a matter of perspective. Though imho, 1-2GB lost is not insubstantial (though, of course, I envy the Note series' allowance of Micro-SD). The big part, though, isn't the loss of a little storage, but the potential for lag / sluggishness under the additional processor load those additional running processes apply. I have yet to experience a moment of lag in the (almost) year I've had my Nexus 5.

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 Does it have the remote control feature that the Galaxy has???

I've been using my N5 to run media through my xbox1, roku3, & chromecast (total overkill, i know, but was curious on the roku). Solves for everything. volume control & on/off is all controlled by voice through xbox1. Voice control & streaming media is gaining momentum. Just something to consider if you are looking to invest in new tech.

I'm totally with you on XBox One. Kinect voice control is the greatest. I broke down and replaced my OTA antenna with a $3/ month HD DTA from Comcast, since I already get local channels as part of my internet bundle. With Oneguide and Kinect support it's really fantastic.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same situation, Note 4 or Nexus 6. I really hope the camera isn't too bad.
Only time will tell.

I am hoping for the same. The Nexus 6 with a pretty good camera. Since this over the note 4 because of the 64 bit processor. Then maybe next year depending on how I like the phone I can always try the Note 5 that running a 64 bit processor. I feel the Nexus 6 support will last longer than the note 4 support will.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Google shouldn't put a crap camera in a $650-$700 phone. Not saying they wouldn't, since I don't think they're realistically trying to go head to head with the big boys. Nexus users seem to be willing to grab their ankles on a few short comings for the stock android experience, so I wouldn't put it past them. The Note 4 camera is great in normal light, not so hot in lower light (pictures tend to come out very warm/yellow).

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually it appears that Google is actually attempting to outdue the big boys with the Nexus 6... They know Mots camera software is not up to snuff so I bet they invest in some software development to take advantage of the camera hardware.

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Carphonewarehouse Comparison to note 4

Hah, I noticed that too, said the Nexus 6 has an LCD screen.

But it was a very brief video, only very barely touched the surface of the phone. Good to see a size comparison between the two though. Nexus 6 is noticeably bigger than the Note 4. Particularly the width.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Actually it appears that Google is actually attempting to outdue the big boys with the Nexus 6... They know Mots camera software is not up to snuff so I bet they invest in some software development to take advantage of the camera hardware.

hopefully. I wish the reviews would start coming out already so we could stop speculating and just know!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Still impressive that it's not much bigger than the Note 4 given the slightly bigger screen size (and front facing stereo speakers).

I just wish they compared it indoors. The quality of the AMOLED display is still an unknown factor and it would have been nice to see contrasts/brightness comparisons.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Still impressive that it's not much bigger than the Note 4 given the slightly bigger screen size (and front facing stereo speakers).

I just wish they compared it indoors. The quality of the AMOLED display is still an unknown factor and it would have been nice to see contrasts/brightness comparisons.
Well if it is like the note 4 display it will be great. I think a review said the note 4 got as brights as 700 nits using auto brightness which I have tried and found it is really good outside. It over saturates the colors that high so it looks pretty accurate outside so if your taking a picture let's say or buying something like a shirt where color is important it doesn't look washed out. Idk who supplies amoled panels for Motorola but let's hope they use the same kind they use in the note 4?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Well if it is like the note 4 display it will be great. I think a review said the note 4 got as brights as 700 nits using auto brightness which I have tried and found it is really good outside. It over saturates the colors that high so it looks pretty accurate outside so if your taking a picture let's say or buying something like a shirt where color is important it doesn't look washed out. Idk who supplies amoled panels for Motorola but let's hope they use the same kind they use in the note 4?

I have seen the Note 4 display at a store and it is quite impressive. Typically Samsung supplies displays for other OEMs but I guess calibration varies by manufacturer. Hopefully we see more "review" videos in the coming days,

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I am hoping for the same. The Nexus 6 with a pretty good camera. Since this over the note 4 because of the 64 bit processor. Then maybe next year depending on how I like the phone I can always try the Note 5 that running a 64 bit processor. I feel the Nexus 6 support will last longer than the note 4 support will.

To be clear, neither the Nexus 6 nor the Note 4 use 64-bit processors (actually they both share the same Qualcom 805 chip, which is 32-bit). The only thing the Nexus 6 introduces related to a 64-bit processor is Android 5.0, which offers support for 64-bit processors, as first found in the new Nexus 9 tablet.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
There is no stock android, it's stock Google, why do you guys keep mixing open source android with Google nexus? The difference is wide and significant.

I'm sure there are enough praise for Google whatever here, so here are the pros of note 4:

Beautiful amoled display, best display in the market by many measurements.
Replaceable battery
Large battery that is rated near the top of the comparison chart compiled by gsmarena
Expandable storage with micro SD card
Multi window multi taking
Super power saving mode
S pen, if you care for that
Better privacy
Here map, miles better than Google map IMHO
Gear VR is phenomenal, if you want it.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Google Nexus 6 Does the Dev. Edition Note 4 Change Anyones Thoughts?

I see on the AC front page there is a Developer Edition Note 4 coming to Verizon. This has me interested a bit. I had a Galaxy S4 and got rid of it because the bootloader was locked down. But I heard those that were able to unlock the bootloader before it was locked had a great experience with the phone. So a custom Touchwiz Rom over a stock android on the Nexus 6? Hmm, it has my attention. Anyone else?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does the Dev. Edition Note 4 Change Anyones Thoughts?

You're kidding, right?

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha, just curious. Not trying to start a war, just thoughts rattling around in my head. I know this is a nexus forum so I can guess what the answer will be.

Posted via Android Central App

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

But with the dev version you could install an asop Rom if one is released but still have the spen and memory card slot and removable battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

lukejwalka23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

It has peaked my interest. Waiting to see how the development community at XDA responds to the news first. Even a few solid developers committed to it would make me choose Note over Nexus.

Posted via Android Central App