Google Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does the Dev. Edition Note 4 Change Anyones Thoughts?

No it will not change my mind. The thing I like about this new type of Nexus that started with the Nexus 5 of last year is that there is no different carrier versions of a ROM anymore, there is only one. One ROM will work across both the international & U.S. versions. If this continues going forward its going to be pretty hard to pull me away from the Nexus brand.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I wonder how that TouchWiz ROM would deal with the lack of a hardware Home button.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I wonder how that TouchWiz ROM would deal with the lack of a hardware Home button.

? Are you referring to the Developer Edition of the Verizon Note 4? If so it is the same device as the regular edition but with an unlockable bootloader [If it isn't already unlock].

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

? Are you referring to the Developer Edition of the Verizon Note 4? If so it is the same device as the regular edition but with an unlockable bootloader [If it isn't already unlock].

I was referring to the OP's idea of putting a TouchWiz ROM on the Nexus 6 hardware.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Google Nexus 6 No removeable battery is a deal-breaker

Let's see, 2560x1440 increased resolution will result in more consumption, no way around it. More pixels = higher drain.

I like to add zerolemon extended batteries but this is just a deal-breaker, if I cannot upgrade the battery easily. What a dumb decision. Everything else seems to right, although I have reservations about the on screen buttons.

Looks like will keep Optimus G Pro a little longer. I like 1.5-2 day runtime with the 9500 mAh cell.
They need to make *at least* a 10,000 extended battery for it. Otherwise thing device will stay on the charger every 6 hours.

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 Does it have the remote control feature that the Galaxy has???

About as close as any TV to average couch ratio distance. I use it all the time on my Note. I'm actually trying to decide on whether or not to get the Nexus or keep my Note. Didn't realize how much I use the remote for different rooms in in my house. It's pretty convenient.

Posted via Ash William's Boomstick

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 Does it have the remote control feature that the Galaxy has???

DirecTV, it does everything for it.

Posted via Ash William's Boomstick

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: No removeable battery is a deal-breaker

Not necessarily. The Note 4, for instance, has the same screen size as the Note 3 with far more pixels in it. And guess what? Battery life is awesome. I'm getting at least 40% more out of it than I did with the Note 3 with similar usage. If the phone is optimized properly, this should at least last a day.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I can't imagine how big a phone with 10,000mah battery will be like. This phone is probably too big already.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Must feel sort of like this carrying that brick around huh
bary2a8e.jpg

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

If you can carry around another battery, why can't you just carry an external battery charger? It's the same thing. I just bought one. Works great.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you can carry around another battery, why can't you just carry an external battery charger? It's the same thing. I just bought one. Works great.

Sometimes when you're out and about you don't have easy access to power outlets but, most importantly, you usually don't have TIME to sit around and wait for the phone to charge.

On the other hand, I'm not sure, but if this thing supports quick charging, you could get it up and running in a few minutes or fully charged over a cup of coffee. Or just get an external power pack.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Let's see, 2560x1440 increased resolution will result in more consumption, no way around it. More pixels = higher drain.

This is why we need to wait for comprehensive battery reviews. If battery endurance is a top priority for you, it may be wise to hold off on purchasing a Nexus 6.

If you really need a removable battery, you might want to consider a Samsung Note 4.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when you're out and about you don't have easy access to power outlets but, most importantly, you usually don't have TIME to sit around and wait for the phone to charge.

On the other hand, I'm not sure, but if this thing supports quick charging, you could get it up and running in a few minutes or fully charged over a cup of coffee. Or just get an external power pack.

What power outlets and sitting around waiting to charge? It's already charged. All you do is plug it in to your phone and go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CT...0&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3989104#ref=mp_s_a_1_25

$20 and it charges your phone at least once. They have bigger ones.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

It does support quick charging. Also, it will come with the Moto turbo charger in the box. No need to purchase it separately like the Moto X owners need to do.

Sent from my LG G3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, thought you were talking about carrying a charger around. That's an external battery or power pack in my dictionary, which I did mention in my post :). It's all in the terminology haha. Sorry.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, thought you were talking about carrying a charger around. That's an external battery or power pack in my dictionary, which I did mention in my post :). It's all in the terminology haha. Sorry.

Well that's what I'm saying. So I don't see how it should be a deal breaker when there's ways to do it. I have a note 3 but I choose to use a power pack because it charges more than my phone. I don't think a removable batter should be a deal breaker. Maybe if you're big on removable memory, sure. There's really no work around for that. But not the battery.

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

The OP makes a good point.

I'd love to see more phones designed with removable batteries. It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's annoying that they build in something that will wear out and require some kind of surgery (see iFixIt.com -- which I intend to consult before making a buying decision).

I love my Nexus 5 in spite of this shortcoming. I have a couple of external battery packs that I can bring along if I anticipate a tough day for the battery.

Edit: I was referring to a thread about removable batteries -- that thread somehow got merged here. :confused:

Last edited:

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I was referring to the OP's idea of putting a TouchWiz ROM on the Nexus 6 hardware.

No TW on the nexus, wasn't the idea. Point of the thread was running a custom TW Rom on the Note. I like the idea of having an SD card with the note, unfortunately you lose the wireless charging of the nexus.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It does support quick charging. Also, it will come with the Moto turbo charger in the box. No need to purchase it separately like the Moto X owners need to do.

Sent from my LG G3

This is the fine print on the "Turbo Charger"

** Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.

first off what is "Substantially depleted" and from reading more on it they say if you are at say 50% the turbo charging feature doesn't kick in and it charges at normal rate..... If you have to wait for your battery to be below say 10% for the turbo charging feature to kick in that would kind of stink..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante