Played with the Turbo today and compared it to the Note 4

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't even close. The Note 4 is obviously the more quality product. The Turbo just looks tired and boring in a side by side comparison.

I really, really wanted to fall in love with the Turbo. On paper it's a beast. The screen doesn't get bright enough, the top mounted speaker is just OK... about on par with the mediocre speaker on the S5 and the camera is slow to respond. I guess I'll be waiting for either the S6 or M9 to get my smartphone lust fired up again. Until then I'll stick with the S5 a damn fine all around performer with some clear cut flaws. If the N4 wasn't so darn big I'd snap it up in a second. It's one incredibly impressive piece of technology with a drop dead display and SOTA camera.

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
When I was in the store looking at the Turbo I checked out the Note 4 sitting next to it. I tapped on the apps tray and it lagged for about 3 seconds before bringing up the icons.
I didn't feel bad about my choice to get the Turbo.
The only thing that gives me a bit of pause is getting used to the size. I'm coming from the Note 3 and didn't have an issue with the larger size.
When the Nexus 6 comes out I'll have to check it out. If I like it I will ask the wife to take over the Turbo on her line (to replace her S4) and I'll go to the Nexus.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the note 4 for a week and traded it in yesterday for the turbo. The note was an awesome phone but Samsung is getting so boring and tired. There's never anything really new in their phones. New functionality here and there sure but nothing ground breaking. Not saying the turbo is ground breaking either but its close to stock Android and no matter what Samsung does with touch wiz it's always laggy and ugly.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What's fanboy about what the OP said? I don't get it. There's nothing he said that isn't either true or his own opinion. He says good/bad things about both phones. So who's the real fanboy here?

Look, there are a lot of good phones out recently, and it's hard to pick one and expensive to own many. I know that for a fact. You really have to get down to details now to find any difference in all these great phones.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Great Fanboy post right here from the OP.
Nothing "fanboy" at all.

I walked in expecting and wanting to fall in love with the Turbo.

I have had many many negative things to say about the S5 though, on balence, I continue to believe it's the best phone under 5.5" out there.

I would not get the N4 because of its size but it is one VERY impressive offering. If you can't recognize this you're either blind, deaf or too much of a Moto fanboy to see the obvious.

I've come to see that the Turbo as the quintessential example of specs trumping ergonomics.

snowpromod

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Turbo, came from a Note 3 which I hated for the reception and battery life...not sure what I am going to do with the Turbo - might trade it back for a N4 but am concerned that it would have the same issues the 3 had.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The Turbo is cool and all, but no expandable memory and no voice & data option at the same time was a big deal breaker. I know it was going around that VoLTE would come to the Turbo within 30 to 90 days, but talk is cheap. I have to see it to believe it first.

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
The Turbo is cool and all, but no expandable memory and no voice & data option at the same time was a big deal breaker. I know it was going around that VoLTE would come to the Turbo within 30 to 90 days, but talk is cheap. I have to see it to believe it first.

I was initially concerned about no SD card as well, but I will have a hard time filling up the ~52GB of free space on my 64GB Turbo. I've downloaded over 100 apps and high end games like Alien vs Predator and still at 48GB free. Once I get all my favorite music on here I should still have at least 20GB remaining for pics and video.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I just bought the Turbo to replace my Note 4. The Note is a fantastic device. It does have slight lag Herr and there. Nothing major though. The screen is nighter in the Note than the Turbo. I'm hoping with the next update the brightness gets adjusted.

However I know VOLTE is coming so I'm not concerned. Running side by side the turbo is much faster and much more fluid than the note. The s pen is nice but rarely used for me.

Literally the turbo is much more fluid with no lag I found so far. Just my opinion. I still have the note 4 since I cannot return it. So I'll keep it for now then upgrade it when something else catches my eye. Lol.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I just bought the Turbo to replace my Note 4. The Note is a fantastic device. It does have slight lag Herr and there. Nothing major though. The screen is nighter in the Note than the Turbo. I'm hoping with the next update the brightness gets adjusted.

However I know VOLTE is coming so I'm not concerned. Running side by side the turbo is much faster and much more fluid than the note. The s pen is nice but rarely used for me.

Literally the turbo is much more fluid with no lag I found so far. Just my opinion. I still have the note 4 since I cannot return it. So I'll keep it for now then upgrade it when something else catches my eye. Lol.

I am doing the same thing.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nothing "fanboy" at all.

I walked in expecting and wanting to fall in love with the Turbo.

I have had many many negative things to say about the S5 though, on balence, I continue to believe it's the best phone under 5.5" out there.

I would not get the N4 because of its size but it is one VERY impressive offering. If you can't recognize this you're either blind, deaf or too much of a Moto fanboy to see the obvious.

I've come to see that the Turbo as the quintessential example of specs trumping ergonomics.
To each their own. I dropped the S5 due to a subpar radio, horrible "creaky" build quality (worst I've ever seen!), Touchwiz lag, so-so battery life, etc.

I played with the Note 4 since I love the display size but the lag was awful. Side by side to a Droid Turbo is a night and day difference. The front facing speaker is better than the Note 4 rear speaker and the battery isn't even close. The Note 4 did feel solid in the hand however unlike the S5.

We all have opinions but overall the Turbo is gorgeous. Display is vibrant and Active Notifications are way more practical than LED blinks IMO. Plus, if I want Qi charging its built in rather than $30 extra and making cases incompatible.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Moving to Verizon from Tmobile in few weeks, and owner right now of the Note 2 , had it for 2+ years and it was a good phone, but of course i can say had quite few problems here in there! response time , and other things.

So now i am debating ,what should i go next! may go with Note 4 or Droid Turbo !

I may go with the turbo for the screen size, to smaller as i don't do much on it, and i have read some reviews that the droid turbo is responding way
faster than note4! and i know that note 4 has more options than Droid Turbo.

Hard decision , but will see...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Moving to Verizon from Tmobile in few weeks, and owner right now of the Note 2 , had it for 2+ years and it was a good phone, but of course i can say had quite few problems here in there! response time , and other things.

So now i am debating ,what should i go next! may go with Note 4 or Droid Turbo !

I may go with the turbo for the screen size, to smaller as i don't do much on it, and i have read some reviews that the droid turbo is responding way
faster than note4! and i know that note 4 has more options than Droid Turbo.

Hard decision , but will see...
Turbo easily

The Turbo will be quicker because it's near stock instead of the horribly bloated Touchwiz which lags down the phone.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
To me the active display/moto display notification feature is the real killer app. The touchless control/moto voice feature too is really useful, but in fewer scenarios. I learned from my Droid Maxx that the Moto Display really changes the way I interact with my phone. 1) It saves battery, and 2) for every app I use that utilizes notifications, emails of all sorts, any article from any feed I want to read, any messaging app with which I interact with all the people I care to, and even these very forums, I know right away what's coming in, can access the information immediately, and even get previews for all of it just by putting my finger down for a split second. It adds a level of versatility and immediacy to the user experience that just can't be duplicated. It might take a couple weeks for you to realize how great it is because it's somewhat subtle, but I never want a phone without this feature again.

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I may go with the Droid Turbo.

Now, is Motorola and Google working together? on some phones?

And will the Droid Turbo, be compatible with the new Android version 5 when it comes out? because from my reading , i know that google phones get the first updates.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888