Note 4 vs Droid Turbo

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Gosh I am not sure about this one. I am trying to decide between the 2. I had the Moto X for about 2 days but got upset with the battery life and lack of accessories and the overall dealings with Motorola and Verizon.

The Note 4 has the stylus and other fluff, if you use it. The Droid Turbo is fast and comes closest to Pure Android and will probably get the Lollipop earlier. Droid Turbo is slim on accessories so, if you want to change up the device be aware. The device in itself without a cover looks good though.

Note 4 has a removeable battery and SD Card slot. Cameras seem to be the same between both to a certain degree. The Note 4 case is slightly bigger than the Droid Turbo but with the curved back, the Droid feels more comfy in the hand.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The note 4 is fantastic I currently own it. I just picked up the turbo as well.

The note has a large and brighter screen. My issue with the note is while the size is nice it also gets annoying at times. The note with touch wiz gets laggy.

The note does have expandable memory and a removable battery. Do if that's important get the note. As of now though the turbo is much more fluid and faster than the note. It is much easier to hold. Has a bigger battery. The turbo has a higher resolution display but dimmer.
For me I am putting my more side and using the turbo. I love the design of the turbo. The build quality is better IMO. The camera is better on the note but I don't take a ton of pics.

For me the turbo is the best all around device out right now.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Which do you think is the better device and why?

Traded the note 4 in for the Turbo. I couldn't deal with the UI stutters, I'm all about the experience. The turbo is most fluid device I've ever owned.

The note 4 is packed with features and it's a fantastic device in its own right. Like another member said the lag you experience is annoying. I even loaded nova on the note 4. But the multitasking tray lagged every time I pressed it. Certain apps just froze up like new words with friends. Annoying.

My wife's HTC one m8 out preformed the note 4 and I just couldn't deal. It was released a long time ago in smartphone years anyway.

Performance > features

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Traded the note 4 in for the Turbo. I couldn't deal with the UI stutters, I'm all about the experience. The turbo is most fluid device I've ever owned.

The note 4 is packed with features and it's a fantastic device in its own right. Like another member said the lag you experience is annoying. I even loaded nova on the note 4. But the multitasking tray lagged every time I pressed it. Certain apps just froze up like new words with friends. Annoying.

My wife's HTC one m8 out preformed the note 4 and I just couldn't deal. It was released a long time ago in smartphone years anyway.

Performance > features

I agree. The Turbo screams.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Performance > features

I did the same thing. I had the Note 4 and returned it for the Droid Turbo 64GB. The Note 4 was laggy and not a fluid as the Turbo. I tried the Note 4 because I was teased with S pen, but the performance was not there. This was unacceptable for a flagship unit that cost flagship money.

Grabbed the Turbo last week and I am loving it. It does everything I want super fast and looks good while doing it.

Droid Turbo 64GB

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What model was laggy on the N4? No review mentions this and my VZW model is smooth. The Turbo is too, but the G3 is a tad laggy due to the 801 trying to push the Qhd UI the G3 has.

Four wins though for the Note 4 over the Turbo per reviews are better battery life, brighter display, better camera and better Wifi reception.

I add having a micro sd slot also as a win.

IMO the main win for the Turbo is easier one hand operation.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
What model was laggy on the N4? No review mentions this and my VZW model is smooth. The Turbo is too, but the G3 is a tad laggy due to the 801 trying to push the Qhd UI the G3 has.

Four wins though for the Note 4 over the Turbo per reviews are better battery life, brighter display, better camera and better Wifi reception.

I add having a micro sd slot also as a win.

IMO the main win for the Turbo is easier one hand operation.

There are several threads on AC referencing lag/stutter issues on the Note 4. I had a note 4 so I can say this for sure. There are a lot of advantages held by the Note but the main win for the turbo is UI fluidness

It's extremely noticeable, I've spent time with both devices, have you?

Scrolling through home pages, multitasking, pretty much everything

I do miss the camera though :-( hopefully they provide an update to help better process the image

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I also had the note 4 but am receiving much better battery life with the turbo but I definitely agree about the camera. If I had to pick the one thing I miss the most about the note 4 it would definitely be the camera.

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Note 4 had better camera and better Radio - both wifi and LTE, it was noticeably brighter under direct sunlight, and the Note 4 can do simultaneous data and voice which the Turbo can't until Motorola/Verizon patches it in "within 90 days". However, it was very laggy compared to the Turbo due to Touchwiz bloat. Also, it was a bit too big for my tastes, I really like one handed phones. Another advantage of the Turbo is that it will get upgrades much faster than Samsung phones and I liked the Moto specific features like Moto Display.

The camera and brightness difference aren't that big of deal IMO, but I couldn't handle the subpar radio and I don't want to wait up to 90 days for simultaneous voice/data. So I no longer have either phone since you are only allowed one exchange during the 14 day trial period when Edging up.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Was there a setting on the note to enable the voice and data at the same time? I had mine for about a week and was on lte most of the time and I couldn't do it.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 had better camera and better Radio - both wifi and LTE, it was noticeably brighter under direct sunlight, and the Note 4 can do simultaneous data and voice which the Turbo can't until Motorola/Verizon patches it in "within 90 days". However, it was very laggy compared to the Turbo due to Touchwiz bloat. Also, it was a bit too big for my tastes, I really like one handed phones. Another advantage of the Turbo is that it will get upgrades much faster than Samsung phones and I liked the Moto specific features like Moto Display.

The camera and brightness difference aren't that big of deal IMO, but I couldn't handle the subpar radio and I don't want to wait up to 90 days for simultaneous voice/data. So I no longer have either phone since you are only allowed one exchange during the 14 day trial period when Edging up.

Could you expand on the one exchange thingy during the 14 day trial period? Does that mean that they will only allow you one exchange and then the next device you are stuck with?

Jayden T

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the note 4, returned it for the turbo... Shouldn't have believed the hype I guess. Today took back the turbo and got another note 4. No lag for me. Turned animations down, running nova. Deleted bloat and it's very fast. I personally see better battery life from the note then the turbo though they are close. I don't use the s pen at all but the screen to me is better on the note. The camera is better. Reception on the turbo was very weak for me. Drove from Oregon to Arizona with the note. Drove back on the same route with the turbo and was so disappointed in how often I had no service with the turbo when the note was just fine.
I seen no benefits of the turbo for me. I think the note is a better looking, better feeling phone that does so much. I do find stock Android bland and boring though. I'd personally puck an iPhone over stock Android. I like htc, Samsung, Sony etc because they give features above and beyond what basic android offers. To each there own I guess but to me. The droid just felt boring. But for those wanting a smaller device the turbo would be the phone to get. If size don't matter. Note all the way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc