I have to decide today. Turbo or Z3V

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have both right now on 2 edge lines with Verizon but I need to decide which one is best for me. I like both of them in different ways. Battery for the Turbo is at 83% right now and it's been on for 3 hours. Battery on Sony is at 85%.

Camera- slight edge to Turbo because of night pics

Messaging- stock messaging app for Sony much much better than Turbo. Allows to find a group and send a group message

Flow and WiFi signal - edge to Sony. To me the Turbo tends to lag a little

Help me out with your opinions. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Since I'm a gamer, I vote for dual wielding!

But seriously, who makes a phone out of glass?

PS. I switched my messaging to Google Hangouts with this purchase and would never go back. There's another guy on here who likes to read his texts from his computer so he went with Verizon Messaging.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I started using textra for texts myself. For some reason I don't like hangouts and I don't like the stock text app and I refuse to use Verizon's out of principle. So textra for now it is.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
On another note. I was set on getting the z3v. I was geeked Verizon was going to carry it. Then I saw how Verizon butchered the design so I passed. The Turbo for me beats the Z3 overall.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
When in doubt I always choose Motorola. Always. But those are both great phones so you really can't lose.

UtahRoadie

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I carried the Z3v last weekend and wanted to like it, but by the end of Sunday I was so ready to go back to my S5. Totally different story on the Droid Turbo, I picked it up on Friday and was going to carry it for two weeks before I made a decision, but Monday morning I moved the S5 along and the Droid Turbo is here to stay. I like the look, feel and performance better than either my S5 or Z3v. Can't say enough good things about this phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I carried the Z3v last weekend and wanted to like it, but by the end of Sunday I was so ready to go back to my S5. Totally different story on the Droid Turbo, I picked it up on Friday and was going to carry it for two weeks before I made a decision, but Monday morning I moved the S5 along and the Droid Turbo is here to stay. I like the look, feel and performance better than either my S5 or Z3v. Can't say enough good things about this phone.

Well, not to high jack the thread - but I'm on the fence about moving from the S5 to the Turbo.

UtahRoadie

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Look at the post directly above yours. S5 is an excellent phone, but I chose to move to the Turbo, it is a better phone IMHO.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Droid Turbo all the way.
If Verizon sold the Z3 compact, i would have a hard time deciding.. But the Z3V is an abomination thanks to those Fargin' Icehole Verizon executives. The real Z3 is at AT&T and T-Mobile. No thanks for a Z2 body and Z2 camera and calling is a Z3V

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I was also kinda surprised the Z3v has the older 801 Snapdragon and the old 330 Adreno. They definitely gimped this phone. Maybe so it wouldn't compete with Turbo?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was also kinda surprised the Z3v has the older 801 Snapdragon and the old 330 Adreno. They definitely gimped this phone. Maybe so it wouldn't compete with Turbo?

Verizon never gave Sony a chance. The Xperia Play was horrible, and other than that all they've carried by Sony is a tablet and a smartwatch. I wish Verizon would just let these OEMS release their phones without having to remove features or put their own spin on the phones. I think the worst they've butchered was the Note 2. A logo on the home button? Really?

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Verizon never gave Sony a chance. The Xperia Play was horrible, and other than that all they've carried by Sony is a tablet and a smartwatch. I wish Verizon would just let these OEMS release their phones without having to remove features or put their own spin on the phones. I think the worst they've butchered was the Note 2. A logo on the home button? Really?

i really would love to know what Verizon's projections are for sales of the Z3v and then what number they actually sell. Sony is on a six month schedule for refresh and i bet that the Z4 won't have a v behind it because of the lukewarm-to-mediocre reviews and reception of the Z3v.

I also think we could be on the verge of a backlash on the bigger phones. This Droid Turbo is a hit and the Z3compact is a hit overseas for this very reason. I bet a huge percentage of those who went from an iphone 4 or 5 to a 6plus will not get an iphone plus next go round.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Seems VZW is doing everything it can to funnel Android users into their exclusive brand phone. The X vs turbo scale tipping is obscene.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon never gave Sony a chance. The Xperia Play was horrible, and other than that all they've carried by Sony is a tablet and a smartwatch. I wish Verizon would just let these OEMS release their phones without having to remove features or put their own spin on the phones.

I completely agree. I'm a Z3v user and so far it's my favorite Android phone I've used. However the Verizon exclusive changes in design (from the regular Z3 or Z2) basically ruin any chance for aftermarket support. I mean, there are two cases I have seen so far... TWO! I love my phone, but the Turbo already has way more support. I have 2 more days to decide whether I want to keep it or not....

I'm just worried about picking up the Turbo because I was disappointed in the 2014 Moto X (returned before the Z3v), and I'm not sure I trust that Moto fixed all my concerns with the Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3V

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree. I'm a Z3v user and so far it's my favorite Android phone I've used. However the Verizon exclusive changes in design (from the regular Z3 or Z2) basically ruin any chance for aftermarket support. I mean, there are two cases I have seen so far... TWO! I love my phone, but the Turbo already has way more support. I have 2 more days to decide whether I want to keep it or not....

I'm just worried about picking up the Turbo because I was disappointed in the 2014 Moto X (returned before the Z3v), and I'm not sure I trust that Moto fixed all my concerns with the Turbo.

Interesting. What were your disappointments in the new Moto X?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. What were your disappointments in the new Moto X?

Well, battery was one concern, but obviously has been fixed.

The biggest issues I had were:
Call quality - my wife would complain of muffled sound about 10% of the time while talking to me.

Disappointing Moto Voice - random activation; slow voice recognition; "opening Google" announcement (which I hoped they fixed); car mode still required device to be touched; no reading texts through Bluetooth in car.

Gestures didn't really work - couldn't get alarm snooze or silence call to work.

Camera was a bit disappointing too. Getting mixed reviews on the Turbo.

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Well I decided and the TURBO wins. So bringing the Sony back to get the red mini for him. I'm also returning the holster case and lifeproof and getting the otter box case. Much much happier. Now I wait for a bumper case to come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams