Cant decide between the Nexus 6 or the Note 4.....

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not spending $750 on a phone with top of the line hardware and still lags. A locked down bootloader and the likelyhood that I'll get software updates months after Google releases them. I just returned my Verizon Note 4 and pre ordered a completely unlocked carrier free Nexus from Motorola for use on Verizon.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should wait for the note 89. I heard it's an implant in your brain and you can do everything with your mind

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yea, no. I do not like the dated look of TouchWiz & I doubt it's look or lag would be any different then it is know

Posted via the Android Central App

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well if you're going to wait, might as well skip those next year for the following year. But seriously, every year something better is out, if you wait, you will never get something

The reason why I stated that is because it seems that no matter what device he picks, the OP isn't going to be happy so he might find something more to his liking next year

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea, no. I do not like the dated look of TouchWiz & I doubt it's look or lag would be any different then it is know

Lol I took a random device .....you said wait till next year ...how about we wait for the iPhone 98 or the note 89 or the LG G97 or plug in any phone .....touch wiz doesn't lag ....God people go after touch wiz but I bet half of you haven't used it recently and I mean recent like the note 3 , note 4 or Galaxy s5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The reason why I stated that is because it seems that no matter what device he picks, the OP isn't going to be happy so he might find something more to his liking next year

And I was making a joke about waiting. Totally agree with you though. Just get a phone that works. They all are so similar anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not spending $750 on a phone with top of the line hardware and still lags. A locked down bootloader and the likelyhood that I'll get software updates months after Google releases them. I just returned my Verizon Note 4 and pre ordered a completely unlocked carrier free Nexus from Motorola for use on Verizon.

What lag ? There practically isn't any these days .... On the t-mobile variant there isn't but in the Verizon one there is which I cast blame solely on Verizon bloatware and not necessarily on Samsung. I don't have the money to pay for a nexus 6 at the moment and happy with a note 4. If Verizon should sell the nexus 6 this week and bestbuy sells it I might consider getting a nexus 6 though ....

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol I took a random device .....you said wait till next year ...how about we wait for the iPhone 98 or the note 89 or the LG G97 or plug in any phone .....touch wiz doesn't lag ....God people go after touch wiz but I bet half of you haven't used it recently and I mean recent like the note 3 , note 4 or Galaxy s5

No All I have to do is browse XDA & see the threads popping up in the Note 4 forums of people freezing 20 plus apps & changing app animations in hopes of eliminating lag. The lag is there so don't pretend it doesn't exist

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No All I have to do is browse XDA & see the threads popping up in the Note 4 forums of people freezing 20 plus apps & changing app animations in hopes of eliminating lag. The lag is there so don't pretend it doesn't exist

Pretend ? It doesn't exist ....I read xda as well ... Mine in t-mobile was fine till I returned it because I wanted to change carriers but the Verizon one has a slight lag but still is a non issue but is because of the Verizon bloatware

Maybe you should argue with a guy at imore lol ...guy thinks all android lags :p

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Pretend ? It doesn't exist ....I read xda as well ... Mine in t-mobile was fine till I returned it because I wanted to change carriers but the Verizon one has a slight lag but still is a non issue but is because of the Verizon bloatware

Maybe you should argue with a guy at imore lol ...guy thinks all android lags :p

Argue? I had no dog in this fight. I merely made a neutral suggestion to the OP & u came at me....

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Argue? I had no dog in this fight. I merely made a neutral suggestion to the OP & u came at me....

And mine was a joke saying you should wait for the note 89 where it has implants in your head . You took it as a preference and I was just using it as a random subject. Why wait .....get what you like now and no point in waiting

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a T-Mobile Note 4 as well and I used it for the full 14 days. It lagged. It wasn't as bad as the previous models, but it still lagged. Closingracer, did you ever stop to think your experience might not match everyone? Just stop acting like there is no possibility of us telling the truth because YOUR phone didn't lag, or you just didn't perceive the lag.

I had lag doing the following:

Opening the camera
Opening the multi tasker
Opening the app drawer
Opening the browser, stock or Chrome
Switching apps after the switcher itself finally loaded

This was after switching to the Google Now launcher and disabling all motion controls, s voice from the home key, and any other Samsung bloat I could, including the stupid preloaded security app that active scans every damned thing. Before you say it, it was worse using the default Touchwiz launcher.

I suppose I'm lying, though? Making it all up?

Edit: I also wanted to make sure I mentioned that general scrolling between home screens and in apps got entirely too jittery for the specs of the phone entirely too often as well.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a T-Mobile Note 4 as well and I used it for the full 14 days. It lagged. It wasn't as bad as the previous models, but it still lagged. Closingracer, did you ever stop to think your experience might not match everyone? Just stop acting like there is no possibility of us telling the truth because YOUR phone didn't lag, or you just didn't perceive the lag.

I had lag doing the following:

Opening the camera
Opening the multi tasker
Opening the app drawer
Opening the browser, stock or Chrome
Switching apps after the switcher itself finally loaded

This was after switching to the Google Now launcher and disabling all motion controls, s voice from the home key, and any other Samsung bloat I could, including the stupid preloaded security app that active scans every damned thing. Before you say it, it was worse using the default Touchwiz launcher.

I suppose I'm lying, though? Making it all up?

Edit: I also wanted to make sure I mentioned that general scrolling between home screens and in apps got entirely too jittery for the specs of the phone entirely too often as well.

Yeah ...I don't get any of that ...no lag what so ever using the Google now launcher unless you want to nit pick. Same amount of time it took to do those same things on the turbo and nexus 5

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't it bother Note 4 users that they have to modify the Note 4 right off the bat to make it run smoother?
It doesn't because it isn't as laggy as people make it out to be. I have used/ owned almost 40 smartphones Spanning multiple operating systems and I can honestly say that the Note 4 is one of the fastest devices I have used. Actually, only the iPhone 6 Plus was faster and only slightly.I think that people make too much of a deal about something that the average user probably doesn't know is there.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't because it isn't as laggy as people make it out to be. I have used/ owned almost 40 smartphones Spanning multiple operating systems and I can honestly say that the Note 4 is one of the fastest devices I have used. Actually, only the iPhone 6 Plus was faster and only slightly.I think that people make too much of a deal about something that the average user probably doesn't know is there.

Do you think you'll have to do the same when the Nexus 6 is officially released? I'm also concerned how much modifying I'll have to do once the Note 4 receives Android 5.0 Lollipop.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to do what?

Do you think you'll have to modify the Note 4 once again to make it run smoother when the Note 4 gets the Android 5.0 Lollipop update? I'm also wondering if the Nexus line of phones have to be modified in anyway to make it run smoother.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Do you think you'll have to modify the Note 4 once again to make it run smoother when the Note 4 gets the Android 5.0 Lollipop update? I'm also wondering if the Nexus line of phones have to be modified in anyway to make it run smoother.
I haven't modified it at all with the exception of disabling apps I don't use. But I didn't do that for the purpose of a smoother experience. I just wanted to eliminate the clutter.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see it mentioned, but the stereo front facing speakers are a big selling point of the Nexus 6 for me. The main reason I want a phablet is for multimedia usage, and the options seem to be "terrible speaker, great screen" with the Note and "good speakers, good screen" with the Nexus.

I use my phone mainly for consumption (some note taking, but I like to have things organized in Evernote so that I can clean them up on my PC afterwards, not hand-written notes) so the S-Pen isn't a selling point for me. The expandable storage would be nice but Android doesn't really play well with SD cards, with so many apps just not supporting them. I'd rather have the 32GB extra internal space for a lower cost than the SD card option. The screen is the one thing that's bugging me though. I checked a Note 4 out in store Saturday and the screen is gorgeous. Hopefully the Nexus 6 screen is good enough that it doesn't bother me.