After a lot of debate I switched from my M8 to the Z3V. I love it so far. The speakers on the Z are better than any other phone but the M8 so it is still a very good experience.

I also thought the screen was better. Better colors and brighter display.

While design opinions are subjective I like the feel of the Z better too. I have always wanted a Sony phone though. I just never had the chance to buy a good one. The M8 was my first HTC and it wasn't bad but I didn't get a great feeling out of it.

If you have a PS4 and love it you will like the Z.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 09:28 AM
    I've never really liked the look of the Sony devices but my mum picked up a z3 compact the other day and I helped her set it up. Have to admit it was a really nice device and I was really quite impressed. Would be interested to have a play with the full size z3.

Having said that I wouldn't see a swap from the m8 worthwhile and I'm happy on HTC for now...

11-10-2014 09:46 AM
    I agree with you, BUT imagine, if you like the Z3V you'd love the regular Z3, better Display, better battery management (Getting 8+ SOT hours) and better looks (IMHO). Obviously if you are on Verizon you won't have any other choice here, but for me that I'm on T-Mobile, I'm simply in love with the Z3, M8 is a great phone, in fact, all recent Flagships are great, you can't go wrong with either of them, but for me, right now, Z3 is on top of all of them, M8 has the better speakers/sound though.
    11-10-2014 09:49 AM
    I thought about getting the Z3V too but decided it's just not much of an upgrade if any compared to the M8.

11-10-2014 11:14 AM
    I really liked my HTC but I have just always wanted a Sony and that is a big part of why I picked it up. So far there isn't any one particular thing that I miss about the HTC but I can't say that the Z3V is a million times better. Its different and I'm enjoying it so far.

11-10-2014 12:31 PM
    I really liked my HTC but I have just always wanted a Sony and that is a big part of why I picked it up. So far there isn't any one particular thing that I miss about the HTC but I can't say that the Z3V is a million times better. Its different and I'm enjoying it so far.

I have always wanted a Sony too, which is odd since I own an Xbox one.

11-10-2014 12:36 PM
    I thought about the z3 but was worried about the amount of crapware and Sony apps on the phone. Think that HTC have got it right with sense now. First phone I have not put nova and other icons on.

This will obviously not bother some people but thought I would point it out

For sure if you have a ps4 then it's great for the functionality

11-10-2014 01:03 PM
    I thought about the z3 but was worried about the amount of crapware and Sony apps on the phone. Think that HTC have got it right with sense now. First phone I have not put nova and other icons on.

This will obviously not bother some people but thought I would point it out

For sure if you have a ps4 then it's great for the functionality

The PS4 functionality sounds cool but I doubt I would ever use it. I would rather play on a 55" screen than a 5" screen.

11-10-2014 01:15 PM
    Actually the Sony apps were surprisingly good. I hate bloatware but I am impressed. To be honest I like the Sony software over sense. It doesn't get in the way but is surprisingly useful.

11-10-2014 04:39 PM