Which is better, Motorola Moto X (2014) or Sony Xperia Z3?

marrkopolo

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a phone that is worth every penny. I'll be using the smartphone mostly for browsing, games, camera, multimedia. I love Moto X UI that is close to Vanilla Android, and base on the review's it is a fast smartphone. The Z3 on the other hand has 3gb of ram and has a better camera compared to the Moto X. Also in my country, they almost have the same price with Moto X having turbo charger, 32gb, Bamboo Back. which do you think is better and worth every penny?

Last edited:

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The Z3 also has...

• Better display (much brighter, the Moto X is dim and not very accurate for colors)
  • Significantly better battery life. The Moto X is around the bottom of the current flagships while the Z3 is at the top.
  • Waterproof. The Moto X is water resistant (so it can handle splashes) but the Z3 can be fully immersed and even used underwater.

If it weren't for the very limited band support of the T-Mobile version of the Z3 in the US I probably would have bought it.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have both. I like the design of the moto x better and the fact that it is updated quickly but the z3 is just an overall better phone IMO. Battery that won't stop, great camera, and yeah the screen is MUCH better. So I vote z3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which is better Overall Smartphone, Moto X 2014 or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

It depends on what's important to you in a phone...

Posted via Android Central App

marrkopolo

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which is better Overall Smartphone, Moto X 2014 or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

I'm currently looking for a phone that is worth every penny. I'll be using the smartphone mostly for browsing, games, camera, multimedia. I love Moto X UI that is close to Vanilla Android, and base on the review's it is a fast smartphone. The Z3c on the other hand is a bit smaller and has a better camera compared to the Moto X.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's a choice between those two, it's difficult because they're broadly matched in specs and price. If I were in your position....and I have been in similar positions....I'd consider buying both. On the other hand, you are probably a normal well-balanced human who does not feel the need for more than one device at a time. But if it's not a choice between those two, there are other devices that would do what you want.

Posted via Android Central App

marrkopolo

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, Moto X is still not available here in my country, that's why I haven't tried it yet. Honestly, I'm still waiting for Nexus 6 stocks, i'm just looking for a plan B has the same quality like nexus, if not, better. Then i've come up with these two devices.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google nexus 6 or Sony Xperia Z3/Z3C

That is up 2 you really. Both have there advantages. Do you want stock Android or want what Sony offers?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google nexus 6 or Sony Xperia Z3/Z3C

Those are all vastly different size devices. To me, size is among the most important factors. If I were you, I would figure out what size I like, then go from there.

The Z3 is a little too small for me, but I decided not to get the Nexus 6. I'm holding out hope that the rumor that the Z4 is going to be 5.5 inches is true. If it is, I'll probably get it.

marrkopolo

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z3 or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

size is not an issue for me, my concern is which has the great value for money, spec wise, etc.
is it a great thing to spend another 100$ to have a 3gb of ram, high resolution and 5.2 screen size?
its my first phone to buy, I want a phone to worth every penny. so which one do you prefer? or you can suggest other phones :D

Last edited:

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sony Xperia Z3 or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

I'd pick the z3 because I prefer the size but if size doesn't matter, flip a coin. They are both a great bang for their buck!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which do you prefer Moto X 2014 or Xperia Z3/Z3c

I have a Galaxy S5 because I like it better.
But if you prefer one of those, you'll need to pick the one that best works for you.

I suggest you make a list of pros and cons and a list of the features you need and the ones you want.

Compare those lists and you'll be closer to the answer.

Only you know how the device will be used, that's why I suggested that.

But if you only need an opinion, I would go with the Sony.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

If size isn't a consideration then by all means get the bigger screen, more ram.
Ha, why not?
Bigger has it's pluses, my old eyes see text better with the larger screen.
Guess I just have an aversion to LARGE devices.
Maybe a remnant from those large boom-boxes people used to carry around awhile back.
For me the compact is an ideal size.
eh, to each their own.

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Size or speed? I have no experience with a Z3 but had a Z2 for a bit. I sold it because of the camera overheating. I loved the phone though, so thought id try a Z3C. Its an awesome phone and the size is perfect. As of yet, it hasn't overheated or shown any signs of getting warm. Other than the size, its everything the Z2 was, BUT its noticeably slower! Its not a slow phone by any means, rather the Z2 and presumably the Z3 is a rocket. Cant go wrong with either. Love this Z3C!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol how is it going to be slower with the same processor and lower resolution? My experience is that is flies just as much as all the top flagship if not more. All the top reviewers agree with me as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Spirk

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Lol how is it going to be slower with the same processor and lower resolution? My experience is that is flies just as much as all the top flagship if not more. All the top reviewers agree with me as well.

Agreed. I owned the HTC M8 and S5 before my Z3C. The Sony is noticeably faster in regular use. My wife has the S5 and I notice a little lag whenever I use her phone. Samsung's skin is weighing down good hardware. The Z3C's minimal skin and lower resolution make normal operations a little quicker. The battery life is WAY better than all the other flagship phones I've used as well.

I don't believe in the Z3C's glass breaking "by itself" but if size doesn't matter and you aren't meticulous with your phone then get the Z3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech