Got to spend a few days comparing my Note 4 to an iPhone Plus,,, the results were,,,,

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I use both Android and iOS (I'm typing this post on my new Air 2 right now).

Im both a longtime iPhone and Galaxy phone user.

Just for curiosity I purchased a iPhone 6 Plus to do a little battle with my T-Mobile Note 4,,,, while the Plus does not suck, it could no way keep up with my N4.

Better call quality and way way way better picture and video quality with my N4 than the Plus,,,, I returned the Plus and happily paid the restocking fee.

Matter of fact, the thing that shocked me the most was how much better the N4 camera was compared to the Plus (all my picture and video comparisons were done indoors),,,, also, the instant pixel focus the Plus advertises,,, I sure didn't see it.

Both with video and still shots my Note 4 was way sharper and focused quicker than the Plus,,,, also the Plus video and stills looked washed out and dull compared to my Note 4.

And I've watched the videos on YouTube, Plus camera vs N4 camera and on some of these YouTube videos everything sometimes looks about equal,,,, that sure was not my experience,, my Note 4 destroyed the Plus with my indoor camera comparisons (flash on and off and HDR on and off) with video both my N4 and the Plus were set at 1920x1080p (the highest the Plus can record at,,, I wanted to keep it a fair comparison and did not use any video setting above what the Plus is capable off.

I had a long list of how many features and other ways my N4 beat out the Plus,,, but I just wanted to keep this post short.

In my opinion though,,, if your on the fence between the Plus or the Note 4,,,, get the Note 4.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the time you spent on the review...now if we can just get yahoo to jump the fence...Lol. seriously...thank you!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Telespielstube

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung does a tremendous job with the Note series. Samsung pushest the boundaries year by year. It's simply amazing how they make this phone so enticing year after year. Nonetheless I Stau with my Note 3 untilgbar the next iteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Samsung does a tremendous job with the Note series. Samsung pushest the boundaries year by year. It's simply amazing how they make this phone so enticing year after year. Nonetheless I Stau with my Note 3 untilgbar the next iteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had ALL the Notes and each one has been well worth the upgrade,,, but hey,,,, Note 5 gets announced in September,,,,, or is it before September, I forgot.

Cheers
Davyo

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
How about battery life?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

I have been a long time Galaxy user myself and I will say I have been impressed with the Battery life on my note 4....I went almost 2 days of mild to moderate use with a single charge!

That being said, my bro has an iphone 6 and for some reason I just feel iphones have a better battery life...I think it can be attributed to the OS itself...Android OS is a bit bulky, resource hog and I think it just uses more battery than the iOS..

Again, I am saying this after disabling all the bloatware I had pre-loaded in my note 4!!!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been a long time Galaxy user myself and I will say I have been impressed with the Battery life on my note 4....I went almost 2 days of mild to moderate use with a single charge!

That being said, my bro has an iphone 6 and for some reason I just feel iphones have a better battery life...I think it can be attributed to the OS itself...Android OS is a bit bulky, resource hog and I think it just uses more battery than the iOS..

Again, I am saying this after disabling all the bloatware I had pre-loaded in my note 4!!!

I've found that the 6 plus does get better battery life than the note 4, but we also have to remember that it has a smaller screen and is pushing much less pixels.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The 6+ looks like a decent phone but the Note 4 is just so much more. It really spoils you. With the iPhone the focus HAS to be on the apps because it often seems like that's all there is.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've found that the 6 plus does get better battery life than the note 4, but we also have to remember that it has a smaller screen and is pushing much less pixels.

Agreed! But I still think the OS is light weight when it comes to iOS!
and yes u can do TONS of stuff with NOTE 4 which u can't even imagine with 6+....All 6+ is a Bigger version of 6!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The 6+ looks like a decent phone but the Note 4 is just so much more. It really spoils you. With the iPhone the focus HAS to be on the apps because it often seems like that's all there is.

yeah cuz the app developers have to just focus on one device when designing the apps...In the Android world, there isn't JUST ONE device...so naturally the app quality might not be that better.

But eh...as long the app does wht u want it to, no complaints !

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
yeah cuz the app developers have to just focus on one device when designing the apps...In the Android world, there isn't JUST ONE device...so naturally the app quality might not be that better.

But eh...as long the app does wht u want it to, no complaints !

Well, actually iOS developers have to focus one more than one device but a lot less devices than android developers. With iOS developers do know the exact hardware they have to develop for. Android apps have come a long way but as screen resolution goes up that another hurdle for some. One of my favorite games never works for a good long time whenever I get a new phone with a big bump in resolution.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have both phones. My comparison is a little different than the OP's. I don't believe the iPhone 6 Plus is a slouch. My 2 cents? And I'm sure it isn't even worth 2 cents. The iPhone 6 Plus does everything better than the Note 4 with the exception of pictures and video. It not only does it better, but more efficiently and faster. But there is so much more that the Note 4 can do that the iPhone 6 Plus can't. And when I say a lot more, I mean it is embarrassing how many more features the Note 4 has over the iPhone.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts. Your comparison seems more in line with what I was expecting to read, honestly. What features have you noticed that the 6 Plus lacks? Anything important or just "nice to have" features?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts. Your comparison seems more in line with what I was expecting to read, honestly. What features have you noticed that the 6 Plus lacks? Anything important or just "nice to have" features?

Well, there are the obvious hardware features of the s-pen, IR blaster, and heart rate monitor. Removable battery and expandable storage. LED light, fast charging connector, higher MP camera that allows for 4K video recording. On the software side, you have motion and voice controls (being able to answer a phone call by just saying answer, being able to take a selfie by just saying cheese or smile). Change fonts, power saving mode, change default programs, using the s-pen to preview items by hovering, multi-window, true background processing, file management system. Just to name a few. I'm sure I could name about a dozen more.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Well, ONE very important feature with the Note 4 is the ability to send group text without everyone knowing they are in a group text,,,, example,,, I'm in a band and I can create separate groups to text to when my band is playing a gig somewhere, I uncheck group text and everyone thinks they are the only one getting a text personally just from me to them,,,, and the Note 4 does not show everyone else I'm sending my over 200 messages too.
With iOS that can't be done and there are no iOS apps that will do what is such a standard feature on many Android phones.

That's just one of a long list of important features for me that the Note 4 can do that the iPhone can't do.

Cheers
Davyo

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I've had the iPhone 6 plus since it was released and recently bought a note 4 at full price as of last night.

I must admit, the note 4 is super nice but the simplicity of the 6 plus is what makes it a win!

The battery on my note 4 isn't as good as my 6 plus. I'm guessing it's because of all the background processes and all the features.

The note 4 almost has too many features!

I think why the iPhone devices are a huge win amongst people is because they spend less time messing with features and options and more time jumping onto the phone and doing what they need to do and being able to jump off. I mean, do I really need to swipe my hand from rofgtnto left to take a screenshot? While this might be nice I don't see myself ever using it.

I don't necessarily see more being better. I see less is better especially when the less is done perfectly like it is on the iphone devices.

Now this doesn't mean I don't like the note 4. I do, it's a solid device. Much better than my HTC 3D from 5 years ago but I'm still messing with all the settings to try and get it to where I want it.

I still think the iPhones are the fastest devices out there when it comes to a UI experience regardless of the specs and hardware. Specs and hardware only matter to an extent. As long as the devices software and code is optimized perfectly a 1gb ram device can be much much faster than a 3gb device. The entire reason why apple is a closed Evo system, for this fact alone.

I'm enjoying the note 4 and plan on keeping it. I can't wait until I'm able to order the gear vr headset when it comes back in stock. That's the sole reason why I bought this device!

*edit*

I also have so much more to play with after reading the abov posts. There's so much on the note 4 that I don't even know what this thing all does. Is there a good feature guide that lives online somewhere?

Also, I didn't mention this but I love the s pen. I have been using it a lot!

Last edited:

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I must admit, the note 4 is super nice but the simplicity of the 6 plus is what makes it a win!

Agreed. For most users, this is what makes iOS so popular. Plain vanilla is the best selling ice cream for a reason.

The battery on my note 4 isn't as good as my 6 plus. I'm guessing it's because of all the background processes and all the features.
My guess is, since you're more familiar with iOS, you didn't know how to properly set up the Note 4 to manage the battery life. From what I am seeing from the 6+ devices I am around, the battery life isn't too far off from what I am getting in my Note 4. Is it better? Right now, it might be, but not by more than 5%ish. Within 6-10 months that will no longer be true, however, since the 6+ has no way to replace the battery and by definition lithium batteries degrade over time.

The note 4 almost has too many features!
I would counter that the Note 4 only has as many features as you need/want to use. The rest are there if you choose to use them. The 6+, however, can only do so much...

I think why the iPhone devices are a huge win amongst people is because they spend less time messing with features and options and more time jumping onto the phone and doing what they need to do and being able to jump off. I mean, do I really need to swipe my hand from rofgtnto left to take a screenshot? While this might be nice I don't see myself ever using it.

I do agree with what you say there. If you just want to use a phone the way you've always used it, then iOS is perfect for you, since they seem content to maintain the status quo from 2007, with some minor upgrades here and there.

There are multiple ways to take screenshots that are much easier than a palm swipe, and the Note 4 gives you the easiest way of all--the S-Pen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae