Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 or M9

If the s6 had the snapdragon cpu I'll say s6 for sure but with that exynos I'll say m9 for now and I always preferred Samsung devices and my current is the note 4 . Maybe they improved the exynos to be good perhaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

If the s6 had the snapdragon cpu I'll say s6 for sure but with that exynos I'll say m9 for now and I always preferred Samsung devices and my current is the note 4 . Maybe they improved the exynos to be good perhaps

What is wrong with the Exynos? Just curious I have no idea...

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

It might not be fair for me to judge since I watched the Samsung event streamed live, but that's where I'm leaning.
The Samsung cpu/memory are supposed to be faster and take less energy, I'll wait for a benchmark or two to show if that's really the case.
I'm also interested in the radio config.

Based on what I've seen today, I'd be surprised if I ended up with anything other than the G6 come April.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I was sold on the M9 until I watched the reveal. I wasn't impressed by the whole "ho-hum" presentation. While it looks like last years M8, the insides are what matter and after reading the M9 versus M8 specs, it's plain to see the M9 wins.

Fast forward to the S6 reveal and I have to say I was impressed. I really like the S6 - I'm not torn up about the lack of a removable battery of the SD Card. Going to see them both in person but I can say I'm leaning now towards the S6. I'll have to read up some more on both as far as real world usage though. Like how is the sound on the S6? No one has even mentioned it. Or the pricing points.

I've had the M7, M8, and S2-S5 and other various devices. I'd really like to see the speakers from the M9 on the S6.

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm gonna say neither. My Nexus 5 is still doing fine and htc and samsung have let me down with these new designs. M9 has too much bezel and while I must say the s6 and the edge both look great the battery is smaller and not removeable. Looking forward to the LG G4 though.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: M9 VS S6

The HTC M9 was my focus prior this weekend, but after watching both announcements, the S6 jumped to the lead for me. I felt that Samsung focused on the phone and offered the most useful features for me -- wireless charging, updated camera (front & back), fingerprint, pay, gorilla glass 4, ddr4, upto 128 gb storage, OIS. For HTC, I felt they rushed through the phone and didn't cover some of the more important details and instead just moved on to their new activity tracker and VR product. I do agree the VR product looks cool, but wish they would have covered more details on the phone.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

My impression...
Both left MWC in 2014 with the task of coming back a year later with a better device.
Samsung worked hard all year at it, packing in everything they possibly could.
HTC in the last month slapped together an iteration of the 2014 offering. (the proverbial "resting on your laurels")

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I had planned on my the HTC M9 in the time leading up to today. Even after the HTC announcement, I figured I'd still buy it, but then I watched the Samsung event just for fun and now I'm 95% sure I'll be getting the S6. For me, the S6 checks a lot of boxes for what is important to me in a phone. The only area the HTC clearly wins for me is with those front facing speakers, but for everything else I feel that Samsung wins.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

For me, I want the BoomSound, bigger battery, theming customizations; and the beautiful two tone back of the m9.
Also, the s6 has a 2550 battery on a QHD screen, whereas the m9 has a 2840 battery on a FHD screen. I think the m9 will be better on battery life.
I hate the touchwiz settings menu and the notification area.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I had planned on my the HTC M9 in the time leading up to today. Even after the HTC announcement, I figured I'd still buy it, but then I watched the Samsung event just for fun and now I'm 95% sure I'll be getting the S6. For me, the S6 checks a lot of boxes for what is important to me in a phone. The only area the HTC clearly wins for me is with those front facing speakers, but for everything else I feel that Samsung wins.

Tbh idk why people cling onto those speakers ....if your out in public listening to speakers is rude to do most of the time and I mostly use my headphones which is superior to speakers anyways that could be on a phone

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

After seeing both I think I'll be holding on to my Nexus 5 for another year.

PS. The Verge killed the M9's camera.

Sent from my Nexus 5

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

Will be my next HTC device. Compared to my Evo 4g lte this will be an upgrade. Not happy about the launch, but at least this has an micro sd card slot and bigger battery than the s6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

The Exynos model I had with the tab s and note 10.1 2014 was really laggy with the apps I used or just wasn't supported.

FWIW, MKBHD said he noticed no lag at all on the unit he was testing. So VERY early reports sound promising. But I'll wait to reserve my final judgment.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I use my phone for music around my house and in my wood shop. Front speakers make sense to me whereas a speaker on the back or bottom of a device doesn't.

But as I said when your outside its useless and if your home I rather have external speakers that generally sound better . Phones can only amp speakers to a certain point . Buying a system like even Bose for example will just sound better

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, MKBHD said he noticed no lag at all on the unit he was testing. So VERY early reports sound promising. But I'll wait to reserve my final judgment.

I never end noticed much lag on the home screens it was to the specific apps

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I use my phone for music around my house and in my wood shop. Front speakers make sense to me whereas a speaker on the back or bottom of a device doesn't.

Same here, but I mostly use headphones anyways so it wouldnt matter too much to me, though front speakers would have been a plus

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

But as I said when your outside its useless and if your home I rather have external speakers that generally sound better . Phones can only amp speakers to a certain point . Buying a system like even Bose for example will just sound better

What I am comparing is the use of front facing speakers versus a bottom facing speaker. To me, front firing makes more sense no matter your use case. If we want to dive into what sounds best overall, then I think we should just obviously ditch the smart phone period and we can take this conversation way off topic and discuss speaker systems, studio quality headphones, and expensive receivers.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Why? The snapdragon is the worse performing chip. Nevermind. I see you're going on experience. Personally I've had better experience with my Exynos devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49