12-01-2015 06:23 AM
149 123 ...
tools
    I was going to post this on "Phone Wars" but I didn't see a "create new post" tab there. So, because I'm sure I'm not the only S5 owner who's growing increasingly tired of the lagging, wi-fi dropping and reconnecting, etc. I thought I'd ask you what your thoughts are.

I've owned an HTC DNA and Incredible in the past and been very impressed with their build quality and smoothness. The cameras were simply garbage and that's being charitable. I LOVE Samsung's screens, the whiteness of the whites and the depth and saturation of the colors and I have never been a fan of LCD's. But I'm really beyond frustrated with the Samsung bugs and OS limitations which I'm sure almost all here are all too familiar with. Frankly, I wouldn't even be considering the S6 as my next phone but for the fact that Samsung seems to have gotten the message that people HATE touchwiz and they've toned it down to the point that it's going to be close to stock vanilla Android. HTC's Sense software is, as always, very impressive and allows their phones to be snappy and essentially lag-free. They are REALLY going to have to step up their game in the camera department though or the M9 won't even be a consideration.

Based on pre-release reports/rumors/leaks, which of these two phones (both of which will be announced in less than a month) would you consider?
    02-06-2015 08:33 PM
    If the camera on the m9 is a dud, I would be looking at the g4.. It's going to take a stellar ui overhaul to change my mind about Touchwiz. All this is just supposing I would be buying a phone soon, which I'm not

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-06-2015 08:50 PM
    The S6 sounds promising if all that's going around proves true. I don't care much for the glass back (hopefully that's just a rumor).
    Just out of curiosity, who's your carrier?
    I've had great luck with the Sprint S5 (their iteration of lollipop is actually terrific).
    02-06-2015 09:02 PM
    The S6 sounds promising if all that's going around proves true. I don't care much for the glass back (hopefully that's just a rumor).
    Just out of curiosity, who's your carrier?
    I've had great luck with the Sprint S5 (their iteration of lollipop is actually terrific).
    I'm with Verizon. I'm finding the 5.0 update to be a real dud.
    02-06-2015 09:27 PM
    Yep looks like Verizon botched 5.0 Big Time
    Hope they fix it for you fellow users Quickly!!
    Makes 5.0 look bad
    02-06-2015 09:56 PM
    Mod note: Thread moved to Phone Wars, per OP request.
    02-07-2015 12:06 PM
    I'll take a HTC phone over a Samsung device anytime.

While the camera is important to me the phones reception is even more important and Samsungs radios have always been lousy.

The m9 looks to be great if the leaks are accurate and that will be my choice.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
    02-17-2015 08:17 AM
    Now that both have been announced, going on initial impressions whats everyones thoughts?
    03-01-2015 01:01 PM
    Not even a comparison by the looks of things. Samsung didn't bury HTC, they just shrugged them off and dismissed them as irrelevant. Maybe I'm getting caught up in their conference hype but they really took all criticism on board and have really tried to take the Galaxy brand to the next level. HTC seem unambitious and sloppy in comparison tbh.
    03-01-2015 01:05 PM
    Samsung just made an iPhone 6 that runs android with a ton of bloat. Shot themselves in the foot with no SD expansion and no removable battery. M9 still looks like the M7(not a bad thing) but could have done more. Their saving grace is their new camera. Given the choice to upgrade now, i would still pick my LG G3. Let's just hope that LG doesn't follow suit.
    03-01-2015 01:11 PM
    Samsung just made an iPhone 6 that runs android with a ton of bloat. Shot themselves in the foot with no SD expansion and no removable battery. M9 still looks like the M7(not a bad thing) but could have done more. Their saving grace is their new camera. Given the choice to upgrade now, i would still pick my LG G3. Let's just hope that LG doesn't follow suit.
    i feel as long as htcs new camera is better than theyre pretty much in the clear. But so far initial pics coming from the camera arent good at all.
    03-01-2015 01:13 PM
    Agreed, would choose the M9 over the S6. Let's hope their camera lives up to expectations. Samsung is trying to pull a few iPhone users with this design, but in doing so, might lose a few current users. Either way, they will still sell like hotcakes. Their marketing is far superior to HTC, even if their phone isn't.
    03-01-2015 01:20 PM
    The S6 has a well done design, really good new features that are actually useful (Wireless charging and Samsung Pay) and some decent leaps in processor and ram tech. That beats out HTC by quiet a bit, sadly. HTC just didn't leap forward with the M9. I could even be ok with the reused design if they brought more to the table software and hardware wise, but they just didn't.
    03-01-2015 01:24 PM
    Samsung really knocked it out of the park here both on the hardware and the supporting software, and closed the deal on why people should buy the GS6.

HTC focused on the software, kept essentially the same hardware, and then shot themselves in the foot by saying all the software features would be coming to the One M8.

Interestingly, Samsung took cues from HTC as far as low light camera performance...but did so without mentioning HTC or giving them credit, they sold it as an organic internal idea to increase aperture and make the pixels more sensitive.

Interestingly, Samsung also stole HTC's surprise thunder...HTC announced a seperate VR headset device....and Samsung announced a VR headset attachment for the Galaxy S6. And their paid crony after-show talk show just pointed out that no, you don't have to buy a separate device, twist that knife a little.
    03-01-2015 01:27 PM
    Glass front and back, I remember when that was used by Samsung fans against the iPhone. That said, i think the S6 is better simply because the camera seems better. I guess this will be confirmed when full reviews are in.

- Tapatalk
    03-01-2015 01:34 PM
    thats another thing that i really dont like about the s6. Glass back just means more potential for breaking and scratching
    03-01-2015 01:37 PM
    I will never buy a Samsung phone. The M9 is a nice evolutionary step. We will have to wait for final judgement about the camera though.
    03-01-2015 01:39 PM
    What I was looking for mostly between the two devices (and would make my decision) is the camera, and the S6 seems to beat the M9 in that aspect. I always take pics so I need a good camera....will be going with the S6 for sure
    03-01-2015 01:41 PM
    Please discuss. β˜ΊπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€
    03-01-2015 01:45 PM
    not buying either.
    03-01-2015 01:46 PM
    If the s6 had the snapdragon cpu I'll say s6 for sure but with that exynos I'll say m9 for now and I always preferred Samsung devices and my current is the note 4 . Maybe they improved the exynos to be good perhaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-01-2015 01:48 PM
    If the s6 had the snapdragon cpu I'll say s6 for sure but with that exynos I'll say m9 for now and I always preferred Samsung devices and my current is the note 4 . Maybe they improved the exynos to be good perhaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What is wrong with the Exynos? Just curious I have no idea...
    03-01-2015 01:52 PM
    It might not be fair for me to judge since I watched the Samsung event streamed live, but that's where I'm leaning.
    The Samsung cpu/memory are supposed to be faster and take less energy, I'll wait for a benchmark or two to show if that's really the case.
    I'm also interested in the radio config.

Based on what I've seen today, I'd be surprised if I ended up with anything other than the G6 come April.
    03-01-2015 01:52 PM
    I was sold on the M9 until I watched the reveal. I wasn't impressed by the whole "ho-hum" presentation. While it looks like last years M8, the insides are what matter and after reading the M9 versus M8 specs, it's plain to see the M9 wins.

Fast forward to the S6 reveal and I have to say I was impressed. I really like the S6 - I'm not torn up about the lack of a removable battery of the SD Card. Going to see them both in person but I can say I'm leaning now towards the S6. I'll have to read up some more on both as far as real world usage though. Like how is the sound on the S6? No one has even mentioned it. Or the pricing points.

I've had the M7, M8, and S2-S5 and other various devices. I'd really like to see the speakers from the M9 on the S6.
    03-01-2015 01:54 PM
    I'm gonna say neither. My Nexus 5 is still doing fine and htc and samsung have let me down with these new designs. M9 has too much bezel and while I must say the s6 and the edge both look great the battery is smaller and not removeable. Looking forward to the LG G4 though.
    ysbg, kj11 and HeyImAlexD like this.
    03-01-2015 01:55 PM
149 123 ...