03-11-2015 01:17 PM
42 12
tools
    Hi all,

I am currently having a few doubts about buying this phone or the HTC one m9. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy s4 and at the start I loved it but the lag I get from it now is unbearable (the phone is nearly 2 years old but the lag started many months ago).

I read many reviews and watched many videos about it and there doesn't seem to be many lag issues but I am very doubtful about TouchWiz. My question for you guys is, does the note 4 lag to the point where it's annoying? If so, after how long does it start lagging?

Also, could I remove these potential lag issues by installing another launcher from day 1? Will I loose the note 4 or s pen features by using a different launcher?

And finally, would you guys recommend buying the Note 4 or waiting for the HTC one m9?

Thank you very much in advance!

Juriaan
    03-07-2015 11:39 AM
    You may wish to clear the phone cache and see if that corrects your issues. If not you may wish to try doing a factory reset and see if that corrects things. The factory reset will put the phone back as it was new so you want to backup all your data on the internal storage, remove your SD card, and make sure google has a complete list of your installed apps.
    I have the Note 4 and don't have any issues but then I don't fixate like some do. The Note 4 also allows you to keep the camera running in the background so you only have to point and shoot and not actually open the camera as it is already opened. The "pinned" photo thread above has hundreds of photos under all sorts of lighting conditions. You should look at that thread to see what the Note 4 camera can do in real life.
    03-07-2015 12:25 PM
    You don't have to use Touchwiz. There are many launchers you can try. I use Nova and have no lag with my note 4.
    03-07-2015 02:32 PM
    I have had the Note 4 since launch and I have zero lag issues. The camera is amazing and with apple ppl in my home, my note's pictures are better then their IPhone 6. As far as launchers go, I have Nova Prime installed but I use TouchWiz about 50% of the time. It is really good and smooth on this phone. You loose a few things as far as calendar widgets go and you also loose the ability to pin notes to your screen. This phone is truly amazing and it looks like it may be the last with removable battery and memory cards. Sadly.
    03-07-2015 02:35 PM
    no lag here, been using spex launcher most of its life though.
    03-07-2015 02:43 PM
    No lag here either.

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
    03-07-2015 02:52 PM
    Zero lag here as well, the note 4 is awesome but also coming from a s4 there are a few features from it that don't carry to the note. Minor things but I do miss them
    03-07-2015 03:07 PM
    I can tell you now that with lollipop on this beast this phone flies.

Posted via the Android Central App
    msndrstood and Rowlette like this.
    03-07-2015 05:17 PM
    I'm dumping my note 4 for a m9 as soon as it comes out

03-07-2015 05:37 PM
    I would wait until the Loolipop update is out for your carrier before I did anything. My ATT Note 4 is pretty good, but it has lag in the recent apps, camera and a few other instances. Also, it is big. The spen is nice, but in reality, I don't have time to pull it out and use it very often. Its fun to play with, but I'm skeptical about its practicality on the run during a busy day. If Lollipop fixed the lag issues, then I'll be more than glad to hand on to it. If not, I'll probably do something with it.
    03-07-2015 06:37 PM
    Thank you for your answers guys. I would love to hear more
    03-08-2015 12:34 AM
    Hi all,

I am currently having a few doubts about buying this phone or the HTC one m9. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy s4 and at the start I loved it but the lag I get from it now is unbearable (the phone is nearly 2 years old but the lag started many months ago).

I read many reviews and watched many videos about it and there doesn't seem to be many lag issues but I am very doubtful about TouchWiz. My question for you guys is, does the note 4 lag to the point where it's annoying? If so, after how long does it start lagging?

Also, could I remove these potential lag issues by installing another launcher from day 1? Will I loose the note 4 or s pen features by using a different launcher?

And finally, would you guys recommend buying the Note 4 or waiting for the HTC one m9?

Thank you very much in advance!

Juriaan
    I had HTC not a fan of them because I was having signal issues due to the all metal frame. However, it is a well built phone. I've always had samsung too. In my honest opinion my Note 4 probably lagged less than a handful of times. Overall this is a great phone. You would not go wrong with this phone. Like others have said there are other options for launchers. For me I really don't see a need for it. I use too use third party launchers but I like touchwiz that's just me. Good luck with your decision and may the force be with you lol

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    ranajit saha likes this.
    03-08-2015 07:07 AM
    I love my Note 4. It is such a complete device. My AT&T model has zero lag that I can perceive. IMO the only other phone that may possibly be better is my Note Edge.

The Note 4 is a remarkable device.

๐Ÿ„VI+๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ›
    03-08-2015 09:14 AM
    +1

03-08-2015 09:58 AM
    I have the Verizon Note 4 running Nova Prime along with the occasional TouchWiz use and no slow down lag whatsoever. I also have Turbo and I think the Note 4 runs a smidgen faster than the Turbo. Get the Note 4. The M9 will be a great device, but it's very similar to the M8.

03-08-2015 10:03 AM
    Note 4 plus nova launcher is a winner. Don't let the software decide which phone to get, I owned a One m8 and S5 at different times last year and went back to a Note 3 simply because I prefer the bigger screen (I have since sold that and now have a Note 4). Let the features of each phone make your decision. If you're not going to be playing loads of music from your phone i'd go with the Note 4. I don't feel like i'm missing out on anything by not having 'boomsound' speakers and the physical size of a Note phone becomes 'normal' after a few weeks of use. But thats just me
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-08-2015 10:34 AM
    Clearing cache will help every few week's. is the phone is lag free? What phone is lag free? Yes the note 4 lags at times have 4 or 5 things open and trying to jump between it lags it's just pauses bringing up the multitasking. Sometimes it's enough to make you mad others it works fine contacts is another place I have issues sometimes hit a contract brings it up hit the number just sits there so you hit it again by that time it's calling. These are honest problems I'm not going to lie to you and myself to make myself feel better about my purchase. It is a nice phone though and I would recommend it.as far as launchers I go from the stock launcher nova and Google now launcher don't see much difference performance wise I just like different looks

03-08-2015 11:03 AM
    Lag? What lag? Seriously though, I've had no issues with my Note 4. A superior phone, in my opinuon.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    03-08-2015 11:15 AM
    Thank you for all the responses. The kind of lag you get from opening contacts or accessing the photo gallery is what scared me. I spoke to many people with a HTC one m8 and they swear they feel no lag whatsoever. What really attracts me to the note 4 is the screen size and quality but if the lag comes close to my experience with the s4 it's a huge turn off.

So you guys are saying to buy the note 4 over the HTC one m9?
    03-08-2015 11:17 AM
    Hi all,

I posted a similar question in the note 4 subforum but I wanted to know what you guys thought.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy s4 and I loved it for the most part. During the last few months the phone has started the lag hard-core and many bugs are starting. I am looking to buy a new phone, the HTC one m8/m9 or the note 4.

I love the note 4 's screen but I am scared of TouchWiz and the lag it can provoke. On the other hand, I also really like the m8/m9 but not so fond of the screen size.

As HTC users, do you guys experience any lag? If so, after how long does it kick in?

Thank you very much in advance

Juriaan
    03-08-2015 11:26 AM
    Honestly I would probably go with the note 4 TouchWiz is getting better and better and the screen size and quality. m9 is newer I just wanted a big screen so note would be what I would get. Don't trust people that say phones don't lag even the all mighty iPhone lags at times it's just the nature of the beast after months of using it junk gets built up

03-08-2015 11:29 AM
    I'd do the Note 4 over the M8/M9 just based on the camera alone. Yeah, people say the M9 will get a software update but I don't see if fixing it. The Note 4 is a big device - once the M9 is released go to your carrier and try them out. With the M9 ready to drop within a couple of weeks, I'd push the M8 out of the equation as the M9 beats the internals of the M8.
    03-08-2015 11:46 AM
    I still am using the m7, now with lollipop, and still smooth as butter. Bad apps can crash, but that's the developer's fault. I had an s3 before, and used the note 2 and 3. There was lag for the time I used them.
    03-08-2015 12:06 PM
    Same here - zero lag on my M7 even with Lollipop. I would think that the M9 with better internals should be just as smooth.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D
    03-08-2015 12:53 PM
    One thing I wish is the note 4 to be snappier. Phone is not completely smooth. But anyways this is one of the best phones out there. Get it!

03-08-2015 01:05 PM
42 12