I'm currently thinking about upgrading to the galaxy s6 I don't have any issues with the Moto X 2014 I really like the phone but I wish the camera was better and the memory for the Moto X is starting to get full what do you guys think

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 05:07 PM
    Since there is no PE G6 i'd stick with the Moto X. With 5.0 you can use a external USB stick drive for additional memory.
    03-19-2015 05:44 PM
    I'm not a Samsung fan, so I myself am not at all tempted by the S6, although I do agree with you about the less-than-stellar camera on the Moto X. I'm hoping Motorola will do a better job with the camera on the third generation of this phone (which, of course, I'm already planning will be my next phone).
    fatboy97 and Brandon Whitney like this.
    03-20-2015 12:05 PM
    I came from an S3 and still have a Note 10.1 (both of which I plan to root when I get the time). I will never buy another device whose software is dependent upon Samsung. They make great hardware but unlike Motorola, the software that they create on top of Android is mostly useless.

Unless you plan to root or get a new phone within a year, I would avoid Samsung until they start to prove that they will actually continue to update what they sold last year. HTC is the same way. Both of those companies are responsible for the vast majority of Android forking.

If they sold a Pure Edition like the XT1095 with no TouchWiz, then it might be a different story.

The only thing Samsung had going for it besides the glitzy marketing was removable storage and battery. Now its just the marketing. You will just be paying $$ to fund the marketing campaign for the next device.
    walt27 likes this.
    03-20-2015 12:35 PM
    If you can deal with Samsung's software, go ahead. The phone looks great and is very fast in general. Touch wiz.. That's just a devil. I would look into the Htc one m9 also because it seems like a great phone and sense isn't that bad.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 08:31 AM
    I had the 2013 and 2014 Moto X. I switched to the Note 4 about two weeks primarily for the battery. Two weeks in on the Note 4 I can honestly say TouchWiz is not as obtrusive as I expected, and it will be less so on the S6. In fairness I am running the Google Launcher and I probably only use a fraction of the features Touchwiz actually offers. I use my phone a lot on speaker for conference calls. One TW feature I like a lot is that it brings to the notification area options to end the call and go on / off speaker (might have the option for mute too but I don't use that a lot). Small thing, but on the X you would have to pull down the notifications, click "return to call" and then do it in the main phone app. Other item about TW I like is you can customize the quick toggles in the notification area for those widgets. You can pick five from a pool of 25 or quick toggle widgets. Always frustrated me on stock Android that you don't get that option. So those are my thoughts on TW....

Separately, the camera will be way better, as will the screen. One can debate the merits / need for qHD on a phone, but the screen on the Note 4 / GS6 is night and day better than the Moto X. It's actually one of the first things most people comment on when they look at my phone.

I miss Active Display on the X. I'm using an app called Dynamic Notifications which is similar, but Active Display is better. I also use an app called Agent to replicate Moto Assist, and in my opinion, it's better. A few more options in it to tweak just how you want relative to Assist.
    03-27-2015 12:28 PM
    The S4 was my first and last Samsung... unless they make some serious changes or they are the only builder of smartphones.
    03-27-2015 12:59 PM
    I have all the Sams Galaxy from S1 to S4, but Samsung is transforming from mobile phones vendor to hardware components vendor for others manufacturers. They should change something immediatly with their design and marketing.
    03-31-2015 02:48 AM
    Was thinking about pulling the trigger myself but just cant. I love the simplicity of my Moto X. Sure the camera could be better but its not terrible and not worth the tradeoff for a better camera in the s6 in my opinion.
    04-13-2015 10:29 AM
    the galaxys s6 is a tremendous phone will recommend. I am using it several weeks and not given me any problems.
    04-15-2015 05:51 PM