LG G4 vs Samsung S6

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please excuse me if I decline to know that. There are many aspects to a phone, and isolating one doesn't necessarily mean anything worthwhile. Speed may also result in excessive heat, for example.

But someone here probably will know the answer. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Fastest? You probably mean which is more responsive with minimal lag. That will depend on carriers since they add bloatware to the devices. Since the G4 isn't out in our country yet, no American can tell you what they think, because we just don't know yet.

Maybe someone will chime in that has a LG G4 "World" phone and they can put it against a Sammy S6 "World" phone so that you can have an apples to apples comparison. Just wanted to give you an FYI that you don't want to compare a current G4 to an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile G6.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically, the S6 would be faster, if talking about processing ability. However, most users probably won't see a difference between the two SoC, unless doing something really straining the phone, but even then most SoC can handle the heaviest load fairly easily.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
on paper, the S6. in real world use, you probably won't notice a difference

This^^^^, normal everyday use the performance is identical for all intents and purposes, the only time I've seen noticeable performance difference is playing graphic intensive games.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
on paper, the S6. in real world use, you probably won't notice a difference

Speed will vary from device to device as well. OP, you may have more or less apps running, bloat, etc. But I doubt you could tell a difference. Lag, yes but the G4 will require a real world review.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
How fast is fast? The speed of dark is faster than the speed of light...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If you are looking for benchmarks, they really don't mean a great deal except for some hard core gamers and people who like to brag how fast their phone is but mostly never have a real need to push it to the max.

The 808 chipset in the g4 is optimized for it and in real life is all that is going to matter for your day to needs.

If you are looking for bragging rights in benchmarks the s6 is faster..... But in the real world this phone will be more fluid and do everything you could want

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I would say if I had to throw something out there I would say the lg. only reason why is I feel that LG's overlay seems to not be as heavy as Touchwiz.. again with what everyone is saying you probably wont see a difference because they're both super fast.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I imagine the G4 will be quicker and smoother with no lag wiz to slow it down. But at this point it's just a guess

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Let's be honest, is it really that much of a difference. Can one even tell? I can't, say between the G3 and Note 4.

These are two power houses it's not like we're comparing a Civic Si vs Audi S4.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

RealCarTV

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I tend to agree with the rest. I think most benchmarks suggest the S6 is faster, but in looking at the complete user experience in real world terms, I highly doubt anyone is going to regret the purchase or really notice the difference. I spent a long time on Windows Phone and no matter what your opinion of the platform (not looking for a fight) the fact is that it was more "fluid" with less lag on inferior hardware. I think specs can be overrated. I guess I kind of BELIEVE (or want to) the excuse / hype that the 808 is matched for the G4.

Posted by me ;)

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Fastest? You probably mean which is more responsive with minimal lag. That will depend on carriers since they add bloatware to the devices. Since the G4 isn't out in our country yet, no American can tell you what they think, because we just don't know yet.

Maybe someone will chime in that has a LG G4 "World" phone and they can put it against a Sammy S6 "World" phone so that you can have an apples to apples comparison. Just wanted to give you an FYI that you don't want to compare a current G4 to an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile G6.

I'm an American. I live in Korea right now and my LG G4 is my daily driver. I can tell you it's fast. Lag is not there. It's faster then my note 4 was on AT&T with 5.0 and its faster (not by much) then my wife's note 4 that has a snapdragon 810 in it and 5.0.1. I sat in Starbucks with a nice Korean the other day and we compared his S6 to my G4. Same carrier (Kt) and the G4 was ever so slightly faster. Both phones are instant. The S6 Was much faster shot to shot time when taking HDR or Regular pictures in Auto mode and about the same speed when taking non HDR pics. Bringing the camera up from the shortcut was almost instant on both phones with the screens off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital