will you wait for the new nexus before deciding on the Moto X Play?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the look of the play and I feel ready to change my one m8 which has never been as good since the lollipop upgrade. I either go for the play when released in the next few weeks or wait for the next nexus 5 in October time. If they price it like the original nexus 5 then it will be a great competitor and it will have the fingerprint scanner and probably better processor. Battery might not be so good though. If they go for nexus 6 type pricing then it'll be out of reach.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?

Posted via the Android Central App

chrismage

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: will you wait for the new nexus before deciding?

I too am deciding. My Nexus 5 has a cracked screen due to a recent drop.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Nah. I intend to go for Moto X Play anyway then if I decide that I prefer the Nexus once it's announced, swap to that.

d4787

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes definitely will wait.

m477

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I should… But I just can't stand my LG G3. Probably I'll buy the X Play as soon as it's available.
Edit: I've just read that Lenovo fired all Moto's software team. I'll wait and get the Nexus probably.

Last edited:

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, i like the look of both the moto x play and style but I'm going to wait to read some in depth reviews first.
I will TRY and hold out for reviews of the new Nexus also but may get too impatient and go for one of the moto's instead.
M477 I also have an LG g3. What is it about yours then you don't like?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I keep nearly buying the x play but the thing holding me back is the new nexus. If they price it well then I might regret the x play and want to change. Cant really justify both buying both!

Ogdin

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Not me, bought one yesterday. Only thing I don't like is the volume /power button feel pretty cheap.

Posted via my Moto x

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I thought about waiting for the new nexus, but I'm not going to. My reasoning is that I like the few extra software that the X has built in.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I like the moto features too. I also like the 5.5 inch screen which I think is ideal for me. The rumours of 5.2 and 5.7 screens for the next nexus don't quite work for me as a bit too big or small.

What I would like though it the fingerprint scanner of the nexus and the stereo speakers. And the guaranteed fast software support. I know moto have said they'll provide fast updates but we won't know that's true until it actually happens!

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com

I'm going to wait: on Moto x play there's no gyroscope, no stereo speakers, weak soc. Battery is impressive, cool Moto features, moto maker and it even has FM Radio but it's not quite for me. I see what next Nexus phones offer.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9295 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to wait: on Moto x play there's no gyroscope, no stereo speakers, weak soc. Battery is impressive, cool Moto features, moto maker and it even has FM Radio but it's not quite for me. I see what next Nexus phones offer.

No gyroscope is definitely disappointing but personally I can't remember the last time I used an app that required that feature.

Performance in the reviews posted so far has appeared to be really good. I've read and watched multiple reviews and none say that the performance has been a problem. Far from it.

I'm not trying to change your opinion by the way.

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com

My second idea is to buy X Play (from other people's posts I saw amazing battery life wow) and buy nice real camera 📷 or action camera. I think best way is to wait think and see

habskilla

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I pulled the trigger on the Play. Having had the Nexus 4 and 5, I am tried of giving up features for battery life. Hopefully, the Play will let me have my cake and eat it too :)