02-04-2016 09:01 AM
1,719 1234 ...
tools
    I very very recently sold my 128GB 6+ because, having Android devices as well, I was bored to tears with the iPhone. I tried hard to fight the boredom but I couldn't. I can't imagine what the 6+s²Ginormous will have that would change that. The iPhone is a nice device in a simple kinda way. After my Note 4 and Nexus 5, I just realized its too simple.

from my old nexus 5
    08-22-2015 07:09 AM
    so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me?
    IPhone 6S Plus will be an iPhone 6 Plus. They probably will rename the colors and call it a revolutionary phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 07:14 AM
    I picked up a Note 5 yesterday, and I also plan on getting an iPhone 6S Plus when it comes out to replace my current 6 Plus. I like to have the latest from each operating system. The Note series is top of the Android food chain for me. Loving it so far.
    08-22-2015 07:23 AM
    wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?
    Nope. RAM has never been an issue or concern for iOS users. So not sure why it's even brought up. Actually, it seems as if the 6+ holds more apps in memory than the Note 5 at times.

08-22-2015 09:31 AM
    I picked up a Note 5 yesterday, and I also plan on getting an iPhone 6S Plus when it comes out to replace my current 6 Plus. I like to have the latest from each operating system. The Note series is top of the Android food chain for me. Loving it so far.
    Same here.

08-22-2015 09:31 AM
    If we know anything about enthusiast smartphone customers, they won't freak out about buying a phone, and then having a better phone come along the next month. They'll just buy that one too!

But really, I think the Note and the larger iPhone don't cater to the same people. Samsung clearly doesn't agree, but from what I see, the iPhone 6+ is just a big phone. It lacks the additional functionality that the Note line has.

Basically, if you like the Note, and utilize its features often, there is no other choice in the end.
    Connert, debdroid1a and lions_lair like this.
    08-22-2015 12:28 PM
    Just got the note 5 from the iPhone 6 plus. If the note continues to fill my needs I plan to keep it. Or if the iPhone comes out with a groundbreaking new feature I may consider the switch back. That is why I have tmobile jump on demand. It was made for people like me lol.

djroy03 and nokia4life like this.
    08-22-2015 12:39 PM
    so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me?
    As an iPhone user, I'm not expecting anything amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 12:40 PM
    Moved back to Apple with the 6+ and was very happy with it. I got the 5 yesterday and love it so far. I know I can sell my 6+ for good money and even sell the 5 if needed if the 6s+ ends up being unbelievably great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-22-2015 12:45 PM
    I'm a tech *****, I'll get the 6s plus and give my wife my 6 plus. Sell her 5s to offset the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-22-2015 01:32 PM
    I'm with you on this. I picked up the Note 5 yesterday. And am already certain I will be getting the an iPhone 6S+. Like, it was never a question in my mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-22-2015 03:39 PM
    I'll never buy an iPhone, no yeah I have zero interest in the 6s plus, or whatever its called
    djroy03 likes this.
    08-22-2015 03:47 PM
    Nope. RAM has never been an issue or concern for iOS users. So not sure why it's even brought up. Actually, it seems as if the 6+ holds more apps in memory than the Note 5 at times.

I would have to disagree from my experience. I had apps constantly re-draw every time on my iPhone 6+ if I left the app for more than 2-3 minutes.
    BobB67, Gray Area and wlonsdale like this.
    08-22-2015 03:54 PM
    Will buy that as well since it will replace my iPhone 6. Tend to have both iPhone and bunch of other Android phones.

I have a problem and know a bunch of others who suffer from similar disorder
    08-22-2015 04:59 PM
    I wouldn't let someone pay me to have or use an Iphone. A phone I consider for teenagers and hipsters in their 20s. Could care less about the Iphone or Apple.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...psyudugi4b.jpg
    I think that might be the BEST pic I have seen yet of the Note 5... GREAT shot! What phone/camera took that?

BTC
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:11 PM
    iOS is a prison!
    08-22-2015 05:24 PM
    I'm planning to get both too because...I'm an addict...LOL

I love both platforms!!!
    nokia4life and Berserk like this.
    08-22-2015 05:25 PM
    I would have to disagree from my experience. I had apps constantly re-draw every time on my iPhone 6+ if I left the app for more than 2-3 minutes.
    Yeah. I had that same issue. If you're used to Android and leaving something open all day in the background, it was a pain. You would leave an app (like Safari when I would be reading an article) and come back to it and it would redraw and I'd have to scroll to find where I was. Not the end of the world, but an annoyance nonetheless. That was a RAM issue. 2gb of RAM and that probably wouldn't happen and the phone would be just as fast.

I doubt I'll get the 6S+, but not because I don't like iOS. More because I gotta stop switching phones and the Note 5 seems like just about the perfect phone for me. And I guess I need to be able to feed my kids, too...
    08-22-2015 05:34 PM
    My adult answer would be, iOS just wasn't working for me. I got out at the beginning of iOS 8 because I couldn't handle being duct taped into a box with the same hardware but in a different form. Yes, Apple likes to perfect their products, and they don't seem to ever be too badly rushed when engineering and releasing (obviously), but I'm a gambler and I like to roll the dice and Android gives me that.

There is no minute change that Apple could make that would make me go back. It'd have to be so drastic my head explodes.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:52 PM
    I think that might be the BEST pic I have seen yet of the Note 5... GREAT shot! What phone/camera took that?

BTC
    A Sony TX100 I've had for a few years. Great stand alone digital.
    08-22-2015 06:04 PM
    Had an iPhone back in the day.....ordered my Note 5 and expected arrival day is this Wednesday

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 07:39 AM
    I came from the 6+ 16g. But gave it to my wife as her 5s broke. I was going to use my backup nexus 5 and wait for the 6s+ 64g. Iphone 6 plus was the first iphone I used since the 3gs and I really enjoyed it, especially the battery life.

When I heard the announcement of the note 5 I checked it out being a phone nerd. I really liked what I seen, and figured I can save a few hundred bucks and get the note 5. (had to buy outright) Great phone, and I wasn't a Samsung fan at all. Despised them in fact. Was a nexus fan. But really enjoy this gem. 😉
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-23-2015 08:03 AM
    I dislike Apple products (to say the least) but for some reason, this year, I'm kind of eagerly and quietly anticipating it being really good so it blows the doors off any manufacturer that is trying to compete with them.
    08-23-2015 08:21 AM
    What's an iPhone?

dreaming of electric sheep
    MizWylie and TheDonJ77 like this.
    08-23-2015 09:14 AM
    i like open and free. i like to customize and tinker. i like choice and freedom. hence - i choose Android.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-23-2015 10:49 AM
1,719 1234 ...