02-04-2016 08:01 AM
1,719 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My work recently gave me an iPhone but they'd also given me a blackberry. I'd rather use the blackberry. I have to force myself to use the iPhone. It may just be a phase but right now I find iOS painfully boring. Again, I don't see how the new iPhone will change that.

from the Elegance
    Unfortunately I don't believe it will. While iOS is fluid, because their are so little changes you can do to make your phone "Yours", it just becomes simply stagnant, repetitive and outright boring. With android, customized options are unlimited, Android has very little if any lag at all but people do not like change. Apple is a genius at marketing and advertising their products with technology that has been out for years but just implemented on an iphone as the next great thing and sadly people believe it.
    08-28-2015 10:43 AM
    Apple is a genius at marketing and advertising their products with technology that has been out for years but just implemented on an iphone as the next great thing and sadly people believe it.
    People that don't know any better believe it. Some people want the simplest solution, like my niece. She is intimidated by my Android phone's UI because she's used to the limitations of iOS. That's fine, there's something for everyone.

from the old Nexus 5
    Frozen Corpse likes this.
    08-28-2015 07:19 PM
    The most enticing aspect of the upcoming 6S Plus is the supposedly improved battery life over the 6 Plus. It's simply the prospect of not having to worry remotely at all about battery life that is enticing to me.

The reality is that I need a multitude of features found on Android which I believe are extremely difficult or impossible to replicate on iOS devices and thus I will end up staying with Android.

Although I do plan on potentially giving the new iPhone a test drive for a few days to see what it's like.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    jdfry15 and Gray Area like this.
    08-28-2015 07:30 PM
    People that don't know any better believe it. Some people want the simplest solution, like my niece. She is intimidated by my Android phone's UI because she's used to the limitations of iOS. That's fine, there's something for everyone.

from the old Nexus 5
    True, different strokes for different folks. Sometimes, simple is more for some, I guess.
    Frozen Corpse and tadpoles like this.
    08-28-2015 07:38 PM
    True, different strokes for different folks. Sometimes, simple is more for some, I guess.
    After years on Android, the simpleness of iOS is enticing to me. My life has become busier with kids and activities and work, so I'm not sure how much I want to continue having to tinker with my phone to get it to work, or worry much about battery life, or even worry about manufacturer support.

I'll be giving up a lot of convenient features that I use on Android that are simply impossible to replicate on iOS, so I'm not sure if I could make that jump yet.

But yes, sometimes simple is good.
    tadpoles likes this.
    08-28-2015 11:50 PM
    I had the iPhone 4s and currently have the 5s, but I'm ready to switch to the Note 5.

I was going to wait for the announcement of the 6S+ but the fact is that even if the hardware is improved for the iPhone, the OS will still be so restricted and limiting compared to Android. Personally I'm surprised Apple don't release their own fonts and themes, they could make a lot of money off of it.

I will definitely miss iMessage but that's pretty much it.
    tadpoles likes this.
    08-29-2015 02:53 AM
    I had the iPhone 4s and currently have the 5s, but I'm ready to switch to the Note 5.

I was going to wait for the announcement of the 6S+ but the fact is that even if the hardware is improved for the iPhone, the OS will still be so restricted and limiting compared to Android. Personally I'm surprised Apple don't release their own fonts and themes, they could make a lot of money off of it.

I will definitely miss iMessage but that's pretty much it.
    They finally allowed users ro use SwiftKey, that is about all the customization they seem willing to allow.
    08-29-2015 08:27 AM
    They finally allowed users ro use SwiftKey, that is about all the customization they seem willing to allow.
    Hence why I'm finally making the switch to Android
    08-29-2015 08:34 AM
    i have always had a iPhone since the 3g never missed a beat. tried the s5 last year but was frightened away by all the STUFF i could change that i went back to the iPhone. but something finally clicked in my head. nothing has changed with the iPhone other that its a bigger iPhone. i just can't argue the screen quality or the camera quality. so i am currently daily driving the note 5 and loving it but part of me can't take the 6 plus out of my back pocket. carry it in case i find something i can't do on my note 5. i haven't had to use it yet but i sure will miss my apple watch.
    My apple watch is probably the hardest thing to give up. I tried the LG urbane took that back for a gear 2 neo on sale for 149 which works pretty well for what I need. But man, I sure love the the apple watch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-29-2015 09:25 AM
    I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.
    How exactly is the GPS broke? I use mine everywhere in the USA. Have not found a state yet, that it didn't work perfectly. I don't think ya know what yer talkin about.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    08-29-2015 09:39 AM
    How exactly is the GPS broke? I use mine everywhere in the USA. Have not found a state yet, that it didn't work perfectly. I don't think ya know what yer talkin about.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.
    Oh I missed that.. I use my navigation every day, not to mention I have located my phone and I have weather apps that work on GPS.

My GPS ain't broke..
    w7sg likes this.
    08-29-2015 03:58 PM
    Gps was horrible on my note 4. When I used it on my note 5 for the first time I was so happy they finally got it right. Works great.

Note 5 is DOPE
    Gray Area and w7sg like this.
    08-29-2015 04:36 PM
    I'm not waiting because I wouldn't buy a Samsung in the first place. Why buy the knockoff copy brand instead of the legit one when both are around the same price and put up with Samsung and carrier bloatware and longer updates, lower speed scores, less OS optimization, worse quality control and service?
    08-29-2015 04:48 PM
    I have the Note 4, Note 5 and iPhone 6 Plus. Every time I say I won't get one, I always come back on here and say, I'm an I d i o t, I did it. :-D Anyway, I like having both OS's around, prefer Android, but my company is iPhone specific, and I really need the outlook mail on the iPhone, just works better than any of the 3rd party apps to use with outlook, on my Androids.

I love the look of the iPhone 6 Plus....so I guess its a yes for me, in that I will consider getting the 6s +, "consider" that is. :-D
    08-29-2015 04:52 PM
    I'm not waiting because I wouldn't buy a Samsung in the first place. Why buy the knockoff copy brand instead of the legit one when both are around the same price and put up with Samsung and carrier bloatware and longer updates, lower speed scores, less OS optimization, worse quality control and service?
    A knockoff copy brand?

What is the Samsung a knockoff copy brand of?
    08-29-2015 04:55 PM
    A knockoff copy brand?

What is the Samsung a knockoff copy brand off?
    IPhone of course. Everything Samsung does is a reaction to Apple's lead. They're the Hyundai of smart phones, waiting to see what Honda does and then pumping out their own copy
    08-29-2015 04:58 PM
    Hahaha.. iPhone isn't even close to what the Samsung phones are. Android isn't even close to iOS and what the the copy of iPhone the Note 5 did?

Samsung had the large screen first. So what from Apple did the Note 5 copy?
    08-29-2015 05:03 PM
    Hahaha.. iPhone isn't even close to what the Samsung phones are. Android isn't even close to iOS and what the the copy of iPhone the Note 5 did?

Samsung had the large screen first. So what from Apple did the Note 5 copy?
    Not the quality. But hey if you like bloatware, sluggish updates, an inferior tech CPU, lack of in house hardware+software optimization, carrier interference, be my guest. Samsung is a follower not a leader.

No worries though I'm sure you'll get the Android 6 improvements half a year after Google releases it lol
    08-29-2015 05:38 PM
    Not the quality. But hey if you like bloatware, sluggish updates, an inferior tech CPU, lack of in house hardware+software optimization, carrier interference, be my guest. Samsung is a follower not a leader.

No worries though I'm sure you'll get the Android 6 improvements half a year after Google releases it lol
    So you can't tell me what the Note 5 copied from iPhone then?

My sister's iPhone has carrier bloatware also.

And what is Samsung following Apple after?

If you don't want a Samsung, you don't have to buy one, so why are you over here bashing Samsung?

No one is telling you to like Samsung, just not sure what you are doing with what you are posting in this thread. This is a Samsung forum after all.
    08-29-2015 05:44 PM
    Ditto to what Kelly said...
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-29-2015 05:54 PM
    Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Let's remember to keep the discussion civil.

Thanks.
    08-29-2015 06:31 PM
    Some guys just want to see the world burn..........

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    zmann likes this.
    08-29-2015 06:32 PM
    So you can't tell me what the Note 5 copied from iPhone then?

My sister's iPhone has carrier bloatware also.

And what is Samsung following Apple after?

If you don't want a Samsung, you don't have to buy one, so why are you over here bashing Samsung?

No one is telling you to like Samsung, just not sure what you are doing with what you are posting in this thread. This is a Samsung forum after all.
    Who did 64 bit first? What merchants actually cared about NFC payments until Apple Pay cared? Who cared about touch ID until Apple did? Who has consistently copied who's hardware design? Samsung is a total copycat company incapable of original thought.
    08-29-2015 07:19 PM
    so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me?
    I'm waiting on the lumia 950 before deciding

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-29-2015 07:41 PM
    Who did 64 bit first?
    Palm
    HP
    Compaq
    Motorola
    Blackberry

Carry on.
    08-30-2015 12:03 AM