Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

Check iMore

from my old nexus 5

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

None..becouse we all know what it will be

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Those people probably aren't posting about it here since we are mainly Android -- they're most likely on iMore to keep with rumors / discussions about it :).

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

OP asks a great question. Went to VZ earlier and checked out the Note 5. Looks beautiful.

However, after all these years on Android, I'm waiting for IPhone 6S and 6S+ release.

Went upstairs to Apple store and was GUARANTEED a replacement battery for an IPHONE in case I buy one and the battery degrades... with a basically one hour wait/install time.

Got a bogus answer from the Mgr at the VZ when I asked same question and being a business phone... I need service. .. when I need it.

So yes... even though a long term android user... I'm looking to see what's available. .. elsewhere.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I've used both android and iOS over the years. Have a iPhone 6+ right now. Going to wait and see what the 6S+ brings to the table and then decide between that and the Note5/Egde+. If the 6S+ doesn't get 2GB of RAM I may switch back to android and the Note 5. There are several apps that I like to keep open but the data always has to reload on them on my 6+ due to memory (RAM) limitations..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I've used both android and iOS over the years. Have a iPhone 6+ right now. Going to wait and see what the 6S+ brings to the table and then decide between that and the Note5/Egde+. If the 6S+ doesn't get 2GB of RAM I may switch back to android and the Note 5. There are several apps that I like to keep open but the data always has to reload on them on my 6+ due to memory (RAM) limitations..

wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?

Heh, I'm not really an apple fan. I'm a fan of technology. Most Apple fans don't even know what RAM is and apple never talks about RAM when they announce a new product. But it does affect the performance of the iPhone 6+ for my usage. It's not a debilitating issue just more of an annoyance.

I played around with the Note 5 at BB the other day and it seemed really nice. I'm also concerned about idle battery drain and battery life overall with the Note 5. The iPhone 6+ is the only phone I've ever had where I don't worry about battery life/how I use my phone. Not sure I want to give that up..

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

"Most apple fans don't know what ram is" let's keep the over generalizations and insults to a minimum shall we?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm a android fan. I do not like apple. So no hesitation about buying the note 5 for me. :)

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

I use both I am using the 6Plus right now but I ordered my gold platinum unlocked note 5 today, the reason I am not waiting is because I already know whats coming its kind of like what note fans got with this note vs the note 4. I usually rock Apple the first year of the new model redesign year not the S year as that is never hardware outside of some minor changes. Now this time next year I will not be buying the new Note 6 I will be waiting for the iPhone 7 since that is the redesign and new features and new OS update cycle. I don't limit myself to one OS I think both OS have good with the bad which is why on apple's off year I carry android.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't let someone pay me to have or use an Iphone. A phone I consider for teenagers and hipsters in their 20s. Could care less about the Iphone or Apple.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

No because I'm pretty certain the iPhone6 won't come with a stylus and have proper writing input options. I still can't understand why people keep comparing the Note5 to all these other phones out on the market.

Comparing the S6 with the other phones, I can see. But, comparing the Note phones with any other phone that doesn't incorporate a Stylus is really an Apples and Oranges comparison. When/If the LG G4 Stylus comes out, then I can see some comparisons and who's got what and which is better. I really look forward to it and hope it makes a big hit. From what little I've read online and their possible specs, even with SD Card expansion, it still may only be half the phone the Note 5 is without SD card support.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

I had the iPhone 3gs twice and I ended up selling them to get a HD2 then the first Nexus I get bored with ios, I'm not saying they're not good products they're just not for me.

A month and a half ago I got an iPad air 2 and I got some nostalgia since ios looks the same pretty much, it was a nice looking device but once I started using it, I realized why I had stopped buying apple products, they become very boring and unless it's jailbroken there's a lot of things you can't do, that you can with android straight out of the box.

I like Android, I use widgets, and I like customizing my phone how I wanted, so I ordered a Note 5:)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually coming from iPhone 6. Had a 5s before that and an HTC M7 before going to Apple. decided to go back to Android, although this will be my first Samsung since the flip phone days. Couldn't stand the look of TW back in the day

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Don't care about iOS, so nope.
I'm happily enjoying my Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

No because I'm pretty certain the iPhone6 won't come with a stylus and have proper writing input options. I still can't understand why people keep comparing the Note5 to all these other phones out on the market.

Comparing the S6 with the other phones, I can see. But, comparing the Note phones with any other phone that doesn't incorporate a Stylus is really an Apples and Oranges comparison. When/If the LG G4 Stylus comes out, then I can see some comparisons and who's got what and which is better. I really look forward to it and hope it makes a big hit. From what little I've read online and their possible specs, even with SD Card expansion, it still may only be half the phone the Note 5 is without SD card support.

This is the same question I have. Nothing compares to the Note Line, unless you buy it just for the big screen. I've seen a few other post asking about the S Pen and "do you use it?". It is the reason I've had the 2, 3, 4 and now Note 5. I hate the thought of having a production device like this and not having the S Pen.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

This is the same question I have. Nothing compares to the Note Line, unless you buy it just for the big screen. I've seen a few other post asking about the S Pen and "do you use it?". It is the reason I've had the 2, 3, 4 and now Note 5. I hate the thought of having a production device like this and not having the S Pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy