Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?
For the most part iOS with one meg of ram is faster then the s6 with 3.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

Nope. Pretty sure no Stylus on the new iPhone. They have a good ecosystem and good products so my hats off to them. But they don't play well with others, and I'm done with vendor lock. At least my Microsoft and Google services play well everywhere. I cannot even get iCloud.com to load on Chrome for Android! No thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

sacmann

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

No because I'm pretty certain the iPhone6 won't come with a stylus and have proper writing input options. I still can't understand why people keep comparing the Note5 to all these other phones out on the market.

Comparing the S6 with the other phones, I can see. But, comparing the Note phones with any other phone that doesn't incorporate a Stylus is really an Apples and Oranges comparison. When/If the LG G4 Stylus comes out, then I can see some comparisons and who's got what and which is better. I really look forward to it and hope it makes a big hit. From what little I've read online and their possible specs, even with SD Card expansion, it still may only be half the phone the Note 5 is without SD card support.

I completely agree. It doesn't seem reasonable to compare the Note series with the iPhone Plus series unless you're merely comparing them based on screen size. The Note series is more for productivity, which is why many people that purchase one look forward to utilizing the stylus. It seems more reasonable to compare the S6 Edge Plus with the iPhone Plus series because neither come equipped with a stylus.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Coming from someone who uses both iOS and Android I use the phone more like a computer so I need proper multiwindow, background multitasking and a lot of DRAM. Android offers background multitasking while Samsung expands on that with multiwindow. iOS currently offers neither. iOS background multitasking is limited to 3 minutes in the background then the app and connection are killed so can't have SSH/telnet, IRC, ftp/ftps/sftp, media server like BubbleUPnP, etc. running in the background. So, the iPhone is more like a jumbo iPod while the Galaxy Note is more like a pocket Surface Pro.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Yea..... More curious about the new large Moto X then the iPhone. Tbh

The S6 plus would be a closer competitor for the iPhone 6+s than the Note 5

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I very very recently sold my 128GB 6+ because, having Android devices as well, I was bored to tears with the iPhone. I tried hard to fight the boredom but I couldn't. I can't imagine what the 6+s²Ginormous will have that would change that. The iPhone is a nice device in a simple kinda way. After my Note 4 and Nexus 5, I just realized its too simple.

from my old nexus 5

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me? :(

IPhone 6S Plus will be an iPhone 6 Plus. They probably will rename the colors and call it a revolutionary phone.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site

I picked up a Note 5 yesterday, and I also plan on getting an iPhone 6S Plus when it comes out to replace my current 6 Plus. I like to have the latest from each operating system. The Note series is top of the Android food chain for me. Loving it so far.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?

Nope. RAM has never been an issue or concern for iOS users. So not sure why it's even brought up. Actually, it seems as if the 6+ holds more apps in memory than the Note 5 at times.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I picked up a Note 5 yesterday, and I also plan on getting an iPhone 6S Plus when it comes out to replace my current 6 Plus. I like to have the latest from each operating system. The Note series is top of the Android food chain for me. Loving it so far.

Same here.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

If we know anything about enthusiast smartphone customers, they won't freak out about buying a phone, and then having a better phone come along the next month. They'll just buy that one too! :)

But really, I think the Note and the larger iPhone don't cater to the same people. Samsung clearly doesn't agree, but from what I see, the iPhone 6+ is just a big phone. It lacks the additional functionality that the Note line has.

Basically, if you like the Note, and utilize its features often, there is no other choice in the end.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Just got the note 5 from the iPhone 6 plus. If the note continues to fill my needs I plan to keep it. Or if the iPhone comes out with a groundbreaking new feature I may consider the switch back. That is why I have tmobile jump on demand. It was made for people like me lol.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me? :(

As an iPhone user, I'm not expecting anything amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Moved back to Apple with the 6+ and was very happy with it. I got the 5 yesterday and love it so far. I know I can sell my 6+ for good money and even sell the 5 if needed if the 6s+ ends up being unbelievably great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm a tech *****, I'll get the 6s plus and give my wife my 6 plus. Sell her 5s to offset the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm with you on this. I picked up the Note 5 yesterday. And am already certain I will be getting the an iPhone 6S+. Like, it was never a question in my mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I'll never buy an iPhone, no yeah I have zero interest in the 6s plus, or whatever its called

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Nope. RAM has never been an issue or concern for iOS users. So not sure why it's even brought up. Actually, it seems as if the 6+ holds more apps in memory than the Note 5 at times.

I would have to disagree from my experience. I had apps constantly re-draw every time on my iPhone 6+ if I left the app for more than 2-3 minutes.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Will buy that as well since it will replace my iPhone 6. Tend to have both iPhone and bunch of other Android phones.

I have a problem and know a bunch of others who suffer from similar disorder :)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc