Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

And the reason for that is because iOS don't need a ton of ram to run in order to keep up with android.
wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

I have had a lot of phones over the past 3 years. Apple iPhone 6 has the best battery of all I have tried, hands down. I never have gone larger screen size than the g4, and in all honesty, the iPhone 5s was the perfect sized phone for me, but the battery stunk it up, compared to the iPhone 6. I am on my Second s6, a gold one, and this phone takes the cake for looks. I love new technology, and have been eyeing the Note 5, the specs make it sound sweet, BUT- I am not sure I will make use of all the functionality of that beast. I am content with Verizon messaging, I browse the Web, play games, and the Camera is the most important feature to me. I love both IOS and Android. There are pros and cons to both. I gotta say, the battery on this s6 is killing me. I am a light user, conserve battery as I can, without compromising features, and to me, I shouldn't have to do that! From what I have read on these forums, the Note 5 sounds like it has better battery life than this s6, so that may be a selling point to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

I made the decision a while back to jump iOS ship for Android, and more specifically the Note 5. I haven't had a Note since the 2 and I missed it. I would be shocked- truly shocked if the 6S+ was so drastically different from the 6+ that it made me want it. Plus, as others have mentioned, I really do not like the form factor.

Only thing I'm missing from the iPhone as of now is the radio- my LTE on the Note 5 blows in comparison.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have the 6 plus. I would say the screen is a huge upgrade and selling point of the note 5 vs the iphone. The note 5 screen is amazing. I think if apple allowed widgets and more control of where icons are placed on the screen you would see a ton of android users move over.

I use a lot of widgets, not something I can do without.

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I have made a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Damn! Oh well, my job will get me a new iPhone as soon as it comes out :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Damn! Oh well, my job will get me a new iPhone as soon as it comes out :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thank goodness for 14 day return windows!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Side note: I traded in my iPhone 6+ today for a Note 5...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Iphones are boring, locked down, boring, lack real innovation, boring, cannot be customized in any type of way, boring, don't have real widgets (which I use every single day) oh and did I mention BORING!!! So in other words, NO. LOL

rdcamero

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Bought the Note 5 the first day it went on sale.Plan on preordering the iPhone 6s plus as well.I like switching back and forth every few days between IOS and Android,

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Not waiting for sure. I moved to live to SE Asia, everyone has an ihpone here. I like to be different, I had iphone 1 and 4S but moved away eventually. My wife still uses iphone 6, but Im sorry how can company charge so much for such a featureless phone. I'm talking about screen resolution, 1 gb of ram, and a lot of other features that phones already have but Iphone doesn't. They never embraced NFC, until they made Apple Pay and as usual calling it MAGICAL, that makes it seem that they have came up with this technology.

Iphone 6S Plus is not going to be any different, slight tweaks here and there, better CPU and camera. Maybe force touch. Besides compared to Note iphone 6S Plus will set me off more than 100 dollars more here for 64GB model than Note 5.

ProudArian

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

There are Iphone folks...in the Droid forums???

*scratches head*

Oh.

simonsays33

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

There are Iphone folks...in the Droid forums???

*scratches head*

Oh.

I love technology and am not a fan boy. I love to see what's changing in the Droid world and hoping I see something worth coming back for.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I love technology and am not a fan boy. I love to see what's changing in the Droid world and hoping I see something worth coming back for.

Same Here. I really wanted to like this Note 5 to come back to Android. It's just not doing it for me. I've been on Android since the original droid through the Note 4 Dev Edition. After owning the iPhone 6+ (first iPhone) for 5 months, there's nothing on the Note 5 that changes my mind at this point. I'll try again on the Note 6.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

None whatsoever

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.

Had my note 5 since launch, used the gps the next day to guide us to our vacation spot. gps got me across 2 states with pen point accuracy just like all of my phones have.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App