Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

I've heard about GPS problems with the Note 3, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Part of the reason that I still carry my Note 3 today is because I like to use it for GPS purposes.

dcstuntman

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

I never had GPS problems but I always calibrate the compass on my Samsung phones.

This works for the Note 5 also. I simply move the phone in a figure 8 shape about 4 times.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Calibrate Compass - Solved!

Yeah the calibrate trick works for magnetic compass, but does nothing for GPS... In fact if you open an app like GPS status that shows signal strength for each satellite while its having the problem, you can see they are ALL pegged at 0 (as in no signal from any of them.) Any other GPS while trying to attain signal lock will typically show at least one or two getting some signal.

Again, it didn't make the GPS unusable... just highly annoying, especially considering older Android devices (which I still carried) worked fine... and so has all my wife's iPhones. Just one of those things you don't expect from a "flagship" device... its almost like they went cheap on the GPS module.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the calibrate trick works for magnetic compass, but does nothing for GPS... In fact if you open an app like GPS status that shows signal strength for each satellite while its having the problem, you can see they are ALL pegged at 0 (as in no signal from any of them.) Any other GPS while trying to attain signal lock will typically show at least one or two getting some signal.

Again, it didn't make the GPS unusable... just highly annoying, especially considering older Android devices (which I still carried) worked fine... and so has all my wife's iPhones. Just one of those things you don't expect from a "flagship" device... its almost like they went cheap on the GPS module.

It has helped people in the past when their maps wasn't good. Also some people have issues with never versions of maps and download older apks and don't have the problem anymore.

There was one update once that threw my mapping off, but it did fir a lot and and update was issued quickly. A lot of people use other navigation besides Google Maps and say that navigation works better.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My work recently gave me an iPhone but they'd also given me a blackberry. I'd rather use the blackberry. I have to force myself to use the iPhone. It may just be a phase but right now I find iOS painfully boring. Again, I don't see how the new iPhone will change that.

from the Elegance

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

My work recently gave me an iPhone but they'd also given me a blackberry. I'd rather use the blackberry. I have to force myself to use the iPhone. It may just be a phase but right now I find iOS painfully boring. Again, I don't see how the new iPhone will change that.

from the Elegance

Unfortunately I don't believe it will. While iOS is fluid, because their are so little changes you can do to make your phone "Yours", it just becomes simply stagnant, repetitive and outright boring. With android, customized options are unlimited, Android has very little if any lag at all but people do not like change. Apple is a genius at marketing and advertising their products with technology that has been out for years but just implemented on an iphone as the next great thing and sadly people believe it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Apple is a genius at marketing and advertising their products with technology that has been out for years but just implemented on an iphone as the next great thing and sadly people believe it.

People that don't know any better believe it. Some people want the simplest solution, like my niece. She is intimidated by my Android phone's UI because she's used to the limitations of iOS. That's fine, there's something for everyone.

from the old Nexus 5

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

The most enticing aspect of the upcoming 6S Plus is the supposedly improved battery life over the 6 Plus. It's simply the prospect of not having to worry remotely at all about battery life that is enticing to me.

The reality is that I need a multitude of features found on Android which I believe are extremely difficult or impossible to replicate on iOS devices and thus I will end up staying with Android.

Although I do plan on potentially giving the new iPhone a test drive for a few days to see what it's like.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

People that don't know any better believe it. Some people want the simplest solution, like my niece. She is intimidated by my Android phone's UI because she's used to the limitations of iOS. That's fine, there's something for everyone.

from the old Nexus 5

True, different strokes for different folks. Sometimes, simple is more for some, I guess.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

True, different strokes for different folks. Sometimes, simple is more for some, I guess.
After years on Android, the simpleness of iOS is enticing to me. My life has become busier with kids and activities and work, so I'm not sure how much I want to continue having to tinker with my phone to get it to work, or worry much about battery life, or even worry about manufacturer support.

I'll be giving up a lot of convenient features that I use on Android that are simply impossible to replicate on iOS, so I'm not sure if I could make that jump yet.

But yes, sometimes simple is good.

Pokefreak13

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

I had the iPhone 4s and currently have the 5s, but I'm ready to switch to the Note 5.

I was going to wait for the announcement of the 6S+ but the fact is that even if the hardware is improved for the iPhone, the OS will still be so restricted and limiting compared to Android. Personally I'm surprised Apple don't release their own fonts and themes, they could make a lot of money off of it.

I will definitely miss iMessage but that's pretty much it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I had the iPhone 4s and currently have the 5s, but I'm ready to switch to the Note 5.

I was going to wait for the announcement of the 6S+ but the fact is that even if the hardware is improved for the iPhone, the OS will still be so restricted and limiting compared to Android. Personally I'm surprised Apple don't release their own fonts and themes, they could make a lot of money off of it.

I will definitely miss iMessage but that's pretty much it.

They finally allowed users ro use SwiftKey, that is about all the customization they seem willing to allow.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

i have always had a iPhone since the 3g never missed a beat. tried the s5 last year but was frightened away by all the STUFF i could change that i went back to the iPhone. but something finally clicked in my head. nothing has changed with the iPhone other that its a bigger iPhone. i just can't argue the screen quality or the camera quality. so i am currently daily driving the note 5 and loving it but part of me can't take the 6 plus out of my back pocket. carry it in case i find something i can't do on my note 5. i haven't had to use it yet but i sure will miss my apple watch.

My apple watch is probably the hardest thing to give up. I tried the LG urbane took that back for a gear 2 neo on sale for 149 which works pretty well for what I need. But man, I sure love the the apple watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.
How exactly is the GPS broke? I use mine everywhere in the USA. Have not found a state yet, that it didn't work perfectly. I don't think ya know what yer talkin about.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

How exactly is the GPS broke? I use mine everywhere in the USA. Have not found a state yet, that it didn't work perfectly. I don't think ya know what yer talkin about.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.

Oh I missed that.. I use my navigation every day, not to mention I have located my phone and I have weather apps that work on GPS.

My GPS ain't broke..

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Gps was horrible on my note 4. When I used it on my note 5 for the first time I was so happy they finally got it right. Works great.

Note 5 is DOPE

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not waiting because I wouldn't buy a Samsung in the first place. Why buy the knockoff copy brand instead of the legit one when both are around the same price and put up with Samsung and carrier bloatware and longer updates, lower speed scores, less OS optimization, worse quality control and service?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I have the Note 4, Note 5 and iPhone 6 Plus. Every time I say I won't get one, I always come back on here and say, I'm an I d i o t, I did it. :-D Anyway, I like having both OS's around, prefer Android, but my company is iPhone specific, and I really need the outlook mail on the iPhone, just works better than any of the 3rd party apps to use with outlook, on my Androids.

I love the look of the iPhone 6 Plus....so I guess its a yes for me, in that I will consider getting the 6s +, "consider" that is. :-D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not waiting because I wouldn't buy a Samsung in the first place. Why buy the knockoff copy brand instead of the legit one when both are around the same price and put up with Samsung and carrier bloatware and longer updates, lower speed scores, less OS optimization, worse quality control and service?

A knockoff copy brand?

What is the Samsung a knockoff copy brand of?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463