Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, you and I have a lot in common. I have both an iPhone 6s and a Note 5 and over the past month I have probably switched back and forth 10 times - each for a few days. Right now I'm on my iPhone that works great, but I can hear that beautiful Note in the desk drawer calling my name - "Don't you miss my wireless charging"? "Don't you miss my s-pen"? "Don't you miss my gorgeous display"? - so, I'll switch sim cards again and in a couple of days, the iPhone will beckon me "Don't you miss iMessage"? "Don't you miss the integration with your iMac"? "Don;t you miss family sharing"?

I need to see a professional.... :)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, you and I have a lot in common. I have both an iPhone 6s and a Note 5 and over the past month I have probably switched back and forth 10 times - each for a few days. Right now I'm on my iPhone that works great, but I can hear that beautiful Note in the desk drawer calling my name - "Don't you miss my wireless charging"? "Don't you miss my s-pen"? "Don't you miss my gorgeous display"? - so, I'll switch sim cards again and in a couple of days, the iPhone will beckon me "Don't you miss iMessage"? "Don't you miss the integration with your iMac"? "Don;t you miss family sharing"?

I need to see a professional.... :)

I'm right there with you. I go back and forth between my Note 5, 6s Plus, and Nexus 6P, sometimes multiple times a day. Right now sim is in my 6s Plus but I'm missing the s-pen and display of the Note 5, and the camera, pure android, and build of the 6P. If I switch to one of those I miss my Apple Watch, iMessage, Family Sharing, FaceTime, and the iOS email app which I much prefer over all others for my work email.

I'm sick and need a cure in the worst way.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

I dunno - being a phone junkie, I'll at least stay up with watching the ads/seeing them in-store and asking questions; even if the phone in question is from a platform in which I'm not very interested. I still like seeing how the phone is doing and how much it's selling.

Personally, if I had to choose, I would take the Note 5. I do like the hardware and design; though it's a little big for me. But also, from what I've seen and heard from friends - and since I already love Android and enjoy the OS - the Note would be a more suitable device for me.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of selling my 6s plus and going to a cheaper phone myself

That's probably one of my biggest issues with the 6s Plus. It's a great phone. But there are a lot of really solid phones in the Android ecosystem that are just about as good at half the price. I struggle with this every day. I just bought a 6P, but I'm debating on even using it. And I keep looking at the Note 5 and S6 edge+. Those are such beautiful phones, but I really prefer stock. Tough call!!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
That's probably one of my biggest issues with the 6s Plus. It's a great phone. But there are a lot of really solid phones in the Android ecosystem that are just about as good at half the price. I struggle with this every day. I just bought a 6P, but I'm debating on even using it. And I keep looking at the Note 5 and S6 edge+. Those are such beautiful phones, but I really prefer stock. Tough call!!

Quality does come at a price.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Quality does come at a price.

This is also true. But I would say that there are a lot of Android phones that are half the price that may not be as good as the 6s Plus, but they aren't too far behind. I haven't been able to make the jump back to Android yet, because other than price, I literally have zero issues with my iPhone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This is also true. But I would say that there are a lot of Android phones that are half the price that may not be as good as the 6s Plus, but they aren't too far behind. I haven't been able to make the jump back to Android yet, because other than price, I literally have zero issues with my iPhone.

And that's also an issue that I have. I never have problems with my iPhone. There really is never any justification to switch other than I'm curious about other smartphones.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It's come to a point there is little difference in capabilities of phones these days it's more about the difference in software and how accomplishing certain tasks is handled. For my daily use there is nothing the 6p, 6s plus, or Note5 can do that one of the others can't. It really comes down to taste and personal preference at this point. If I was deciding based on price and you stated that you had a preference for stock, the Nexus 6p is a solid choice. The only slight negative imo is the lack of OIS. For me the Note 5 ticks all the boxes. Love the display, battery life is great, I get use put of the S-pen occasionally, and I prefer the build and size/contours of it. It feels great in hand for me. Seriously though, can't go wrong with the 6s plus, 6p, or Note5

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. That's me. And I do really like Android. I like the freedom and deep Google integration.
Fortunately you can almost get the same level of Google integration on ios. Plus imessage and family sharing which are very nice to have. I couldn't care less for icloud though as I use other cloud solutions (Google photos, drive, dropbox)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's come to a point there is little difference in capabilities of phones these days it's more about the difference in software and how accomplishing certain tasks is handled. For my daily use there is nothing the 6p, 6s plus, or Note5 can do that one of the others can't. It really comes down to taste and personal preference at this point. If I was deciding based on price and you stated that you had a preference for stock, the Nexus 6p is a solid choice. The only slight negative imo is the lack of OIS. For me the Note 5 ticks all the boxes. Love the display, battery life is great, I get use put of the S-pen occasionally, and I prefer the build and size/contours of it. It feels great in hand for me. Seriously though, can't go wrong with the 6s plus, 6p, or Note5

Fortunately you can almost get the same level of Google integration on ios. Plus imessage and family sharing which are very nice to have. I couldn't care less for icloud though as I use other cloud solutions (Google photos, drive, dropbox)

I definitely agree that both high end Android phones and iPhones pretty much do the same thing, just slightly differently. My biggest issue with the 6P is actually the issues I read about in the forums. Bluetooth not working right, LTE not working right, Do Not Disturb mode losing features at the end of every month, etc. I had one for a little while and saw some of these issues first hand. I LOVE the way the phone looks. And I LOVE stock Android. But I have literally ZERO issues with the iPhone that makes it difficult to leave. Things really work as they should. And I know nothing is perfect, but it really has little to no issues at all. I really like the new Samsung phones too. Beautiful screens, camera, etc. But I hate Samsung's lack of updates. I don't care that it doesn't have Marshmallow yet. It's the security updates I'm more worried about. I use my phone for work and I can't deal with security issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante