Do I get the Moto X Pure Edition or not?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I am ready to replace my Xperia Z3 which is a great phone with a great screen but the shape of the phone with its square edges isn't good for pockets and I have cracked my screen protector due to this!

I am a fan of bigger screens and the thought of a 5.7" screen is so appealing to me but I have mixed feelings about the Style. I know you can never get the perfect phone as we all have different wants and needs yet this phone will fill most of my needs.

I am not that bothered about a great camera but I do want one that takes a decent shot in daylight and I know this phone will, the reservations I have are of course battery life which seems to be average it might be worse for me as I like my screen to be nice and bright and the other thing I am struggling with is the mixed opinions on the display most like it yet others say it is just ok! Also some are saying the rocker buttons rattle about!

So I am in two minds here as I am also thinking of the Nexus 6 and yes I know the new Nexus phones come out soon but the LG screen is too small and the other make is one I wouldn't consider, if I could get a Nexus 6 unlocked for a decent price in the UK I would get one but the price is still high and I know how much money android phones lose!

I read some user reviews who love it and I think right I will get it then I read others who are underwhelmed 😀 and then I think hmmm, I know I know we all like different things so that's where I am no further forward 😎

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: I am in such a quandary do I get this phone or don't I

I read some user reviews who love it and I think right I will get it then I read others who are underwhelmed ?????? and then I think hmmm, I know I know we all like different things so that's where I am no further forward ??????

There isn't a phone out there, that this doesn't apply too. You need to weigh the Pros and Cons to reach your decision.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

There isn't a phone out there, that this doesn't apply too. You need to weigh the Pros and Cons to reach your decision.

I know you are so right I just need to make a decision and go for it as actually my demands on phones aren't that great as I don't really use it for calls as I have a work phone so it is used for emails and browsing and when I have a sandwich in my car at lunchtime I watch about 30 minutes of Netflix so the screen is really important as the quality needs to be good, so it doesn't help when I read people saying it has yellow tints :)

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I just sold my G4 to get this phone. I don't have it yet as it's still being built by Motorola, but it ticked enough boxes for the phone I always wanted so I had to get it. I've been on Verizon forever (company plan) and I don't have the option of changing unless I don't want free cell service. So, I am stuck on Verizon. I've always wanted a bloat free, stock android device that I could use ( I was one of the many that fell for the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon). Last year the Nexus 6 was it, but I just couldn't do the 6 inch screen size. I had a Note 3 and that was as big of a phone as I'd ever want. Then Moto brings the MXPE which has no bloat, works on Verizon, I can customize it, the battery is good sized, the camera is pretty decent, SD card slot, etc. I am also done with Samsung and LG phones going forward so the upcoming Nexuses don't interest me (don't want a Huawei phone either). This is as close to the phone I've always wanted as ever so I had to get it. Hopefully Motorola continues on this path and others will follow.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

For me personally, I decided to pass on this. Not because I don't think the Pure is great, quite frankly, I wasn't even considering getting a new phone until I saw this. However, in the end, I decided it wasn't a significant enough upgrade from my 2014 X to justify it. It was extremely tempting though, particularly the direct-from-manufacturer sales approach. I really wanted to support that. Who knows, in a couple months I may be reversing that decision. :)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I watch about 30 minutes of Netflix so the screen is really important as the quality needs to be good, so it doesn't help when I read people saying it has yellow tints :)

No yellow tint here ... Turning off adaptive display makes a noticeable difference with the screen. It gets SUPER bright and the front facing speakers make Netflix watching awesome

MOTO X PURE EDITION!